Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oz property boom deflating

Oz property boom deflating

Old Mar 6th 2004, 5:12 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Just another fact......have actually been to QLD ......goldcoast , cain's and the sunshine coast. And you won't be taxed on any saving's taken to oz ,only the interest you make on them , same as UK !

all the best plum

ps Even Dotty and her minion's!

Last edited by plumber; Mar 6th 2004 at 5:22 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 9:31 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz property boom deflating

Originally posted by maxpaxx

LOL..because I don't work! I am a housewife so we put the savings in my name and don't pay tax on it? Isn't that what everyone does in the UK? (sorry I forgot this is just called 'British Ex Pats' - a title that seems to mean very little)

Sorry to have bothered you with my 'silly' question.

I wil go and 'CHECK' myself.

HAVE A NICE DAY!
What the .......?!?!?!?
Old Mar 6th 2004, 10:46 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
What the .......?!?!?!?

What are you confused about?

I give up! all I wanted to know was if Aus had the same rules vis a vi savings..ie you don't get taxed if you fill out a form stating you don't pay tax.

The chap replied telling me to 'CHECK' myself if you read the thread.

Was your post really necessary? Thanks for upsetting me I feel really great now.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 10:55 pm
ABCDiamond

Hi Maxpaxx

The OZ rules are that if you earn more than $6000 in a year, from whatever source, you will pay tax. That applies whether you are a housewife or not.

Unfortunately you stated that you don't pay tax, quote: "because I don't work".

I don't work either, but unfortunately the tax man wants a little bit from me each year

I think I can see what you meant, but the written word isn't alwasy as clear as the spoken word.

Old Mar 6th 2004, 10:59 pm
Next stop Gold coast

Don't argue with them Maxpaxx , they're alway's right.... even when they're wrong !

all the best plum:lecture:
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:00 pm

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Hi Maxpaxx

The OZ rules are that if you earn more than $6000 in a year, from whatever source, you will pay tax. That applies whether you are a housewife or not.

Unfortunately you stated that you don't pay tax, quote: "because I don't work".

I don't work either, but unfortunately the tax man wants a little bit from me each year

I think I can see what you meant, but the written word isn't alwasy as clear as the spoken word.
..You are right and sometimes typing as you think confuses the issue!

I do wish people could be a little more pleasant like yourself life is too short for this nasty element. Which I have to say makes me feel like logging off for good at times
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:02 pm

Originally posted by plumber
Don't argue with them Maxpaxx , they're alway's right.... even when they're wrong !

all the best plum:lecture:
Dear Plum,

Have you noticed that the 'nice' ones are dissapearing recently?

Perhaps they are enjoying their new lives to the full
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:02 pm
Next stop Gold coast

Don't take it to heart......all good fun!
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:25 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by maxpaxx
What are you confused about?

I give up! all I wanted to know was if Aus had the same rules vis a vi savings..ie you don't get taxed if you fill out a form stating you don't pay tax.

The chap replied telling me to 'CHECK' myself if you read the thread.

Was your post really necessary? Thanks for upsetting me I feel really great now.
And thanx for your post too. I was simply asking what you were going off at because I didnt see anything wrong in KPs posting the rules about tax free allowances. He did suggest that you check the information yourself, but he also gave you the information that he thought was correct, after simply stating that he wasnt sure what you meant by being a non-taxpayer (which I have to admit, I had no clue what you meant either, what you said wasnt clear).

And then you start on about it being a British expats site, which I can only assume you mean that only British people should post here? Having a go at the poster because his name is kiwipaul? Unless Im very much mistaken, "kiwi"paul is a british expats who lived in NZ for a while before he came to Oz. Or perhaps thats not what you meant at all. I just dont see why you would feel the need to have a go at someone who was trying to help, even if you took it the wrong way. I didnt see any nastiness in his post, only in yours back to him.

But then Im an aussie posting on this site, maybe I shouldn't bother

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Mar 6th 2004 at 11:28 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:37 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

And thanx for your post too. I was simply asking what you were going off at because I didnt see anything wrong in KPs posting the rules about tax free allowances. He did suggest that you check the information yourself, but he also gave you the information that he thought was correct, after simply stating that he wasnt sure what you meant by being a non-taxpayer (which I have to admit, I had no clue what you meant either, what you said wasnt clear).

And then you start on about it being a British expats site, which I can only assume you mean that only British people should post here? Having a go at the poster because his name is kiwipaul? Unless Im very much mistaken, "kiwi"paul is a british expats who lived in NZ for a while before he came to Oz. Or perhaps thats not what you meant at all. I just dont see why you would feel the need to have a go at someone who was trying to help, even if you took it the wrong way. I didnt see any nastiness in his post, only in yours back to him.

But then Im an aussie posting on this site, maybe I shouldn't bother
And your such a nasty negative poster than none of the wannabes look at.

Mrs DB I am not sure how this thread got so out of hand you got dumped in the same camp as Dotty.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:45 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom

Mrs DB I am not sure how this thread got so out of hand you got dumped in the same camp as Dotty.
Sorry BP, did you not realise that MrsDB and Dotty are one and the same - it is just another of those multiple personality poster things. :scared:
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:55 pm
Rocket Scientist

And your such a nasty negative poster than none of the wannabes look at.

LOL!!! Me either BP

If dotty & I really were one & the same person that really would be a Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde :scared: :scared:

Or are you just both insinuating that we are camp?
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:57 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL!!! Me either BP

If dotty & I really were one & the same person that really would be a Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde :scared: :scared:

Or are you just both insinuating that we are camp?
If you are camp were you with the Dykes on Bikes last night.
Old Mar 7th 2004, 12:04 am
Rocket Scientist

If you are camp were you with the Dykes on Bikes last night.
Definately not! I didnt say we were camp, only asking if you were implying it .

(this thread is deteriorating even more LOL)
Old Mar 7th 2004, 12:08 am
Next stop Gold coast

Please put this thread to bed ..... i'm tired!

Last edited by plumber; Mar 7th 2004 at 9:14 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.