Reload this Page >

One year working holiday visa - Electrician

One year working holiday visa - Electrician

Old Aug 4th 2014, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Jon_H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One year working holiday visa - Electrician

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
There are a couple of choices for electricians on the skills list. Did you do an indentured apprenticeship, Cert III or City and Guilds, AM2, etc?
Hi yes I have city and guilds level 3 I have completed my AM2 and my portfolio has been assessed and signed off since 2012
Old Aug 4th 2014, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Yes, it is ok to try it out on a WHV. But skilled migration is not an easy process and I just think you would be better doing at least the skills assessment before you leave. You don't need to know what part of Australia you want to live in to do this.
Thank you for your advice I have been browsing the internet to get assessed before I go but haven't had much luck do you know any??

Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2014, 11:08 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon_H
Thank you for your advice I have been browsing the internet to get assessed before I go but haven't had much luck do you know any??

Thanks
try here, came up as the first choice when I did a google search.

https://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gene...s-assessed.htm
Old Aug 4th 2014, 11:43 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Just to be clear...the skills assessment that is being talked about does not allow you to work in your trade in Australia. It's a prerequisite to applying for a skilled visa but even if it is positive and you are granted the skilled visa you will still need to be appropriately licensed / certified once onshore.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Mikelincs and Bcworld for your help I'll have a look in to this.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:15 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi yes I have city and guilds level 3 I have completed my AM2 and my portfolio has been assessed and signed off since 2012
To have your skills assessed you need to have spent at least 5 years as a spark which can include time spent training. Electricians can be assessed by Vetassess - Trade Occupations (Skills Assessment for Migration) - VETASSESS - Future Skills, or Victoria University.

The assessment process includes self assessment, qualification and reference checks and a trade test. This will get you an OTSR, which will allow you to apply for a supervised workers license. To get a full license you need to complete gap training which includes work experience in Australia (catch 22 on getting work to get licensed to get work )

Have a look at the Electricians forum for more info on the process - you can find it from the forum index