Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello and first post

Hello and first post

Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Ctrl Alt Del is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello and first post

Hi everyone. I found this site last week and I'm now hoping someone can help with my problem I am a sole trader and get my work from one source. Now they've not been a good payer at all, but as of current state I am owed just under $20,000 from the last financial year, and $15,000 from this financial year I've phoned and asked Admin or HR to give me a call back as I wasn't paid on the third of this month (normally do), but they just don't ever get back. Can anyone advise where I go from here as in to claim money owed, debt collector maybe, I have no idea I am no longer getting work from them and am happy to burn this bridge.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 5th 2014, 10:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello and first post

Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del
Hi everyone. I found this site last week and I'm now hoping someone can help with my problem I am a sole trader and get my work from one source. Now they've not been a good payer at all, but as of current state I am owed just under $20,000 from the last financial year, and $15,000 from this financial year I've phoned and asked Admin or HR to give me a call back as I wasn't paid on the third of this month (normally do), but they just don't ever get back. Can anyone advise where I go from here as in to claim money owed, debt collector maybe, I have no idea I am no longer getting work from them and am happy to burn this bridge.

Thanks in advance
You might be better consulting an office of fair trading, rather than an internet forum for Expats
Old Aug 6th 2014, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

katietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hello and first post

Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del

Thanks in advance
What state are you in, and what type of work do you do? If you are in construction, you can hit them with a BCIPA claim - more info here: Home . This is the Queensland site, but it is applicable Australia-wide, I believe.

Don't know if there is anything similar for other industries, sorry.