Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:46 am
Can't wait to be in OZ

samladams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any idea how much a labourer would earn on a gold coast area building site,OH wants to try a different job than what he does here in rainy uk.Hope someone can help !!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scampie
CNC turner. miller, in england classed as first class metal machinist in australia, how much do they earn around Brisbane and is there plenty of work? also does he need the other certificates as well as the TRA which he has got?

i am also a skilled CNC machinist / Q.C. inspector (metal machinist first class) but am moving to Perth.
Has anyone got any idea of wages / job opportunities etc?
thanx Ash
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:16 pm
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAMMIE DODGER
i am also a skilled CNC machinist / Q.C. inspector (metal machinist first class) but am moving to Perth.
Has anyone got any idea of wages / job opportunities etc?
thanx Ash
same here metal machinist first class, all i did was go to google australia found out their version of yell.com, and tried to find cnc companies in perth, then look at the websites of the ones i could find and then emailed them directly asking about jobs
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

I hope this might help with some figures.
I am looking at a pay list for maintenace department of a food manufacturing company in Adelaide.

Hourly rates:
Maintenance fitter/mechanic: 25-27
Maintenance electrician: 26-27
Leading hand/supervisor: 29-30
Trade assistant: 15-16
Clerk/storekeeper: 18
Production worker: 15-16
Maintenance Manager: 32

All of these are under AWA, 45 hours working week, overtime at extra 10% (also for work outside normal working hours 6am-8pm), extra 40% for weekend work.
Sick pay, annual leave etc.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mipik
I hope this might help with some figures.
I am looking at a pay list for maintenace department of a food manufacturing company in Adelaide.

Hourly rates:
Maintenance fitter/mechanic: 25-27
Maintenance electrician: 26-27
Leading hand/supervisor: 29-30
Trade assistant: 15-16
Clerk/storekeeper: 18
Production worker: 15-16
Maintenance Manager: 32

All of these are under AWA, 45 hours working week, overtime at extra 10% (also for work outside normal working hours 6am-8pm), extra 40% for weekend work.
Sick pay, annual leave etc.
thanks Mipik
45 hour week ....what start and finish times are they then? .. i currently work a 37 hour week ,full time (plus O/T)
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Anyone know anything about making a living as a gym instructor or personal fitness trainer?
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

thanks Mipik
45 hour week ....what start and finish times are they then? .. i currently work a 37 hour week ,full time (plus O/T)
Due to the specifics of the operation start is between 2 am and 1 pm with finishing accordingly (latest 10pm). Work is 6 x 7.5h shifts or 5 x 9h shifts.
Plus OT.

Fitters and electricians end with weekly gross between 1,250 and 1,700.

Some work up to 60h/week.

One of the frequent myths about Ozzis not working hard or long hours is just a myth.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

timbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nicetimbuktoo is just really nice
Default Private Guitar Tuition

Hi
O.H. teaches guitar from home (music studio) to adults / children. Anyone any idea of rates for similar in Queensland?
How would the rental agencies view this sort of job from home, any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Mipik

My hubby works in a factory as an electrician too. His rates are

Hourly rate: $26 per hour
Shift allowance: $4.45 per hour
Overtime is time and half for the first 3 hours worked over 8 in any day, then double after that. Saturdays are time and half for 3 hours, then double and Sundays are double all day.

He works 38 hours per week, with overtime if/when needed, His shift is 3pm to 11:30pm and he gets paid for meal breaks if he works 8 hours or more.

He brings home around $1900 per fortnight after tax etc. He also gets 9% super paid.

He works quite a lot of hours during 'shutdown' weeks, and the rest of the time he'll do maybe 4 or 5 hours a week over on week days. He is also asked to work for 4 - 6 hours every alternate Saturday (but he manages to get out of that

This is also in South Australia.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all
Default the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi...

Just been sent this link by one of the recruitment agencies that I hire through in my current role, its a big document but seems to cover a much wider range of roles than a lot of other similar surveys do.

http://www.robertwalters.com/resourc.../Australia.pdf

Regards

Paul
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

karm is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
Im a joiner by trade but have done a bit of everything like painting,plastering,tiling,gardening and so on.
Im moving to adelaide and was wondering wot job prospects there are and wages for a joiner or a handyman
Old Mar 14th 2007, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karm
hi
Im a joiner by trade but have done a bit of everything like painting,plastering,tiling,gardening and so on.
Im moving to adelaide and was wondering wot job prospects there are and wages for a joiner or a handyman

All jobs for Adelaide are advertised on www.careerone.com.au

Can't really help with wages though as most say something like 'above award rates' Here are award rates (although they are being updated so they will be last years) https://www.workchoices.gov.au/ourpl..._for_award.htm

Take a look here http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook/d...Id=AlphaSearch

It will give you some idea (They are only rough guides though, they are last years averages some people will be on less, some on more)

There is quite a lot of work here in Adelaide, especially if you can do all the above jobs and don't mind taking whatever comes along first until you find your feet.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 6:28 am
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meelie
Does anyone know what the lowest basic rate of pay is in queensland. My daughter is working as a childcare assistant and is getting an appalling $8.91 per hour there or actually its now $8.86 as they fiddled it because of the laundry allowance. She's doing her certificate in childcare services but the center isnt paying or responsible for her doing it.
That is appalling.Here is a website that may be of use to youURL="http://workplaceinfo.com.au"]http://workplaceinfo.com.au[/URL][although I don't know if your daughter is classed as an apprentice,if so,may be different rules,

Diane
sorry,not sure how to do the link so you can go straight there!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gjs
That is appalling.Here is a website that may be of use to you www.workplaceinfo.com.au although I don't know if your daughter is classed as an apprentice,if so,may be different rules,

Diane
sorry,not sure how to do the link so you can go straight there!

You just put the link in a new window, highlight all the adress in the address bar then right click, selct copy and then come back on here in the text box, right click again and select paste. Once you've done that just press the space bar and a line should appear under it, that should then be a direct link to that website.

Alternatively, just type in www.whateverwebsite.com and press space bar, again the word will underline and that will be a link to that webiste.

Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:33 pm
Respect My Authority!

Zoran is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure how accurate is this for all professions listed, but for sys and sec admins, I think it is.

http://content.mycareer.com.au/salar...ommunications/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.