Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

warbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by Amazulu
With no mortgage you should be okay. $62k is not that great a salary in Perth. Cost of living is similar to the UK. Some things more expensive, like groceries. Others cheaper, like petrol.

I'm the lead of an electrical design team on a large iron ore mining project (FMG).
does that mean you're in the Hyatt, if so I'm the next floor up, small world
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:05 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warbs4
does that mean you're in the Hyatt, if so I'm the next floor up, small world
Yep. I'm at the Hyatt, on the 2nd floor. Who do you work for?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

and what do you do????
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

warbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yep. I'm at the Hyatt, on the 2nd floor. Who do you work for?
I'm ex Worley's but now work for Monadelphous.

I'd recommend both co's.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
and what do you do????
We work mainly in iron ore, but we're getting into water, oil & gas and other process industries.

I spent sometime in the Power & Water group of WP and agree with others that $62K is derisory. He would be offered at least $100K if on a PR.

Do you need to come on a 457? There are loads of engineers on 457's who find they're being ripped off and then move on after 12 months or so.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 11:32 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

We work mainly in iron ore, but we're getting into water, oil & gas and other process industries.

I spent sometime in the Power & Water group of WP and agree with others that $62K is derisory. He would be offered at least $100K if on a PR.

Do you need to come on a 457? There are loads of engineers on 457's who find they're being ripped off and then move on after 12 months or so.
That's the point I was trying to make. Guys on 457s get ripped off and it soon begins to piss them off when the guy sitting next to them is earning twice as much and can change jobs at will. This has happened to a good friend of mine. GHD brought him out on a 457, paying him $80k. His colleagues were on $130k at the time. He got PR as soon as he could (did not bother with ENS. Did it himself) and moved on straight away.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

Hi

this info is probably here somewhere, but 41 pages is a lotof reading....
what the usually wage for an ICU nurse in perth and a web designer

thanks
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Swooty will become famous soon enough

H Guys, looking for advice.

Just been offered a job located in the Brisbane area, probably locate to outer brissie, north or south by 20 km or so.

The offer is £85K pa + Car + Super + Full Medical Cover for the family, I work is Sales and this is engineering based.

HELP ! Is this a good offer ? I am lloking to Spend upto $400K on a house, which should be mortgage free, and I dont want my to have to work. . . .

Whats your opinions, I would value them all, as have to make a decision by next week.

Thanks
Swooty
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:02 am
Just Joined

carolk2475 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

New on here & was just wondering if anyone knows what the wages are like for a newly qualified midwife?

Thanks!

C x
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough
Question Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi there

i've been browsing this ages and today i've finally got my ass into gear and registered so i could post. Anyway i was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what kind of salary an aernautical engineer with 8-9 yrs experience would make,it's for my partner who currently works as a line maintenance controller,

any advice about where to look for these types of jobs (as it's not a standard one) greatly appreciated

thanks
trice_ie
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

jbwilliamz is an unknown quantity at this point

Ola mateys!!

I have plans to try and move to Aus with my girlfriend soonish...
i was wondering what the pay was like for an Engineering Technician with approx 4yrs experience, not much i know but its a start, and also, for my girlfriend an Automotive Engineer..

Cheers Yall

John
Old Jul 5th 2007, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

lousco will become famous soon enoughlousco will become famous soon enough

Hi my hubby is a printer here in the uk does anyone have any idea what the wages are like in australia please
Laura
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:49 am
rvc
Forum Regular

rvc is an unknown quantity at this point

You're comment picqued my curiosity. Do you have more examples of this happening? Would really appreciate it. We thought we were getting a good deal up till now.......
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rvc
You're comment picqued my curiosity. Do you have more examples of this happening? Would really appreciate it. We thought we were getting a good deal up till now.......
I'm not going to go into specifics, but it's easy to check what is being offered by an employer against what is being advertised on the job sites for people without the restriction of a 457.

Like I said, I've seen many people on 457's look to move after a short period. The main reason being money.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

ozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant futureozbound2 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pebbles28
Hi everyone My hubbby and two kids(3 going on 4 year old and 8month baby) are planning on relocating to Perth.Forour dream to beome reality it would be nice to suss a job out first but its proving real hard doing it on line and its had because we dont have a date it will depend on job/and for the length of time our stuff takes to get over.

PLEASE PLEASE IF ANYONE IS A PLASTERER AND WANTS A HARD WORKING NEW ZEALANDER WHO HAS HAD 12 OR MORE YEARS IN THE PLASTERING INDUSTRY(SOLID,PAINTING ALSO) PLEASE LET US KNOW.

HOPING SOMEONE CAN HELP US SO WE CAN GET THIS DREAM HAPPENING.CHEERS

Hope to hear back soon..hopefully i have posted this all ok.Thanks again.
Hi there dont know if you will get around to reading this, and dont know where you ae headed, but if you are coming to perth, just buy saturdays copy of West Australian and Im sure your hubby could be working within days..always loads of jobs for people to join plastering teams..they're really desperate for them. Usually have to be self employed which means quick visit to tax office (think you can do it online too) to get an ABN tax number.
good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.