Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Feb 26th 2007, 12:48 pm
Can't wait to be in OZ

samladams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi,
PLease could anyone give me an idea of wages for a truck driver in the gold coast area,myOH has just passed his hgv1 in uk,
Thanks.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Astronaut
hi my husband and i thinking of moving to oz but i keep coming to dead end in finding out info on my qualification. I have the National Nursery Examination Board Certificate better known as the NNEB. does anyone know if the NNEB is recognized in oz and what type of work i would be able get and what wages. we are looking to move to sydney. thanks Karina
Have you tried contacting places like ABC LEARNING CENTRE, or C&K I'm sure they would tell you. A friend of ours just got a job as pre-school teacher with ABC, thin k shes done a 3 year course in the UK, not sure it its the same one, but they seemd very happy with it.
Also just seen a job ad for www.123careers.com.au for childcare, maybe you could get some feedback from them.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

nickallen1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone give me an idea of what a gasfitter could expect to earn in Oz, currently earning in the region of £35,000 - £45,00 in the UK as corgi registered gas installer, The only comments i have seen so far are about getting the licence ( which i dont have a problem with, from wht i can see if you operate safely then why worry )

Regards
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

snowwhite76 will become famous soon enoughsnowwhite76 will become famous soon enough
Question Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

hi 1st off great site , this is the husband not snowwhite ! writing , i have passed my tra as 1st class welder , and have family in sidney ... i am currently in the automotive sector as a production maintenance technician working with abb and motoman robots manipulation and welding ... where is all the automotive production in aus all my research points to Brisbane
any contacts agency or other ?
any info would be greatly received !
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

nirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nice

Dear All,
I hope this finds everyone well.
I am in the process of trying to gauge how much i can borrow for a mortgage and repayments etc, with a broker in Victoria.To see if it is financially feasible for me to follow my dream.
To give some information i should have a deposit of around $60,000 to $80,000 aud with a further $20,000 for expenses. Is this realistic to get a mortgage (was hoping to secure around $380,000)
The broker needs to Know how much gross i would expect to earn over a year.I know it is like asking how long is an average piece of string!?! especially for us nurses due to us working evenings, nights, weekkends etc, etc. on a rota basis and this can change from month to month.
At present i work in the NHS managing a unit since 2001, qualified as a RNMH (developmental disabilities) since 1993 and as a RNC (paediatrics) since 2003.So i had based my initial thoughts on being graded around mid level grade 2 nurse in Victoria which i think is around $951pw.
So i was wondering and my apologises if i am being nosey, but what does the average grade 2 nurse earn (gross salary) in the public sector in Victoria region or in similar states? (with extras added on) Is there a big difference from state to state?
I will post this around so my apologises if this is read in diffierent areas as i am not sure wheres best to put it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks,
nirrade.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:22 pm
tedeschicat

tedeschicat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The A Team
Hairdressers in Townsville are paid around $20 an hour.

Admin Officers/Receptionists up to about $20 an hour, more for temping.
Hi all new to this site! My husband is in retail and I am a Hairdresser. We have booked our fact find hols in June and are hoping to get as much info as possible to do with schools wages etc. As we are still over here there is only so much info you can get.
My husband is worried that should we take the plunge to come over will he be able to get a job? ( Like most people).
Our hols will also be to activate our Visa's.
any info would be a great starter!!!
Cheers
Cheryl and Stephen.. and kids
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:31 pm
tedeschicat

tedeschicat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
I am a manager of an engineering company on the Gold Coast. I work from 7 till 3, Monday to Thursday and 7 till 1 on a Friday and my yearly salary is $60,000 plus i get 10% of the profits at the end of each tax year and i also get 5 weeks holiday per year. Not bad for starters i suppose

Trish my wife is a lady of leisure now which is well deserved.

Hope that helps

Rob
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone can help. My husband is looking for a Job he is a manager and I am a Hairdresser. We will be coming out to activate our visa's in June of this year(Fact Finding Hols too) With 2 children its so scarey over here not knowing anyone from over there and also where to start!! Any advise would be soooooo good!!
Thank you all.
Cheryl and Stephen
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:40 am
I'd rather be fishin' !!!

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of

Hi all

Does anyone know what "Award" pay means? Is it like the minimum we have in the UK? How much is it?

Thanks.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kernow1
Hi all

Does anyone know what "Award" pay means? Is it like the minimum we have in the UK? How much is it?

Thanks.
yes, it is. Each trade has its own rate, there is a website that you can look it up on, sorry I don't know what it is though ! I'm sure someone else will know.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woogle
yes, it is. Each trade has its own rate, there is a website that you can look it up on, sorry I don't know what it is though ! I'm sure someone else will know.

There'll probably be a link on www.wagenet.gov.au somewhere.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

hi everyone, arriving in australia in hopefully 22 months time, apprentice served vehicle mechanic, hnd in mechanical engineering with experience mainly in heavy equipment and plant. i have some health and safety and management qualifications what sort of earning potential should i expect to achieve. anybody have any answers for me?
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by maund family
hi everyone, arriving in australia in hopefully 22 months time, apprentice served vehicle mechanic, hnd in mechanical engineering with experience mainly in heavy equipment and plant. i have some health and safety and management qualifications what sort of earning potential should i expect to achieve. anybody have any answers for me?

Hi J & G from the Stevens family

Welcome

Cheryl
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

hi cheryl thanks for your welcome. gill
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:35 am
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice

Originally Posted by tedeschicat
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone can help. My husband is looking for a Job he is a manager and I am a Hairdresser. We will be coming out to activate our visa's in June of this year(Fact Finding Hols too) With 2 children its so scarey over here not knowing anyone from over there and also where to start!! Any advise would be soooooo good!!
Thank you all.
Cheryl and Stephen
Depends what state and area your going to but let everyone know here and try do a lot of your research before you take your trip. People here will oblige and show you around and tell you good and abad. We are in central coast and got here in Jan1 -07 and think it is great. happy hunting, eamon.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

I have a question regarding jobs. Sorry if this seems a little banal, but it's for research purposes.
If someone was offered a job on the Gold Coast at $40,000 a year and they don't have any dependents and own their own house, is this seen a fairly decent?
Also, if someone is offered a job when they go for the interview, is this normal and if so is it considered acceptable to think about it before saying yes? Sorry for the questions, I'm self-employed generally so don't tend to deal with this. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.