Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Burtie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Restaurant Supervisor $46000 pa
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

mizichelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shella_n
Hi Michelle
Thanks for your email. NO,I havent had much luck yet finding out what they will earn. i think what Austrlians calla stonemason is very different to what we call a stonemason - they seem to do tiling etc. We are probably aiming at Brisbane too although tbhey are supposed to be of short supply in Perth and WA are also sponsering them.
They seem to say max salary is $40k but as I said they do different work to what are husbands are used to and I think there will be little restroation work so they might have to look at doing slightly different work.
My husband has had links with the NAtional Trust,CWO and Cliveden Conservation. Does your husband know any of those?
We are based in Bekshire. We have 2 girls - 1 and 3. My husband is from South AFrica so he is really keen to go to Aus and get back the lifestyle that he was used to and loved.
Michelle
hya, michelle my husband has worked for clivedon aswell on severall occasions his name is alan thomas, so your hubby might know him, he has also worked for nimbus conservation , have you started applying for your visa yet? if so how far along are you?
keep in touch, you never know we could end up in the same area.
michelle
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:47 pm
burleigh chick

holly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really nice

Hi
I just wanted to post wageline this will tell you the wages you have to be paid in queensland.
Hope this helps people.
www.wageline.qld.gov.au
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs down Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

hya, thanks for the info , did look and still no joy for stonemasonry wages
will keep trying tho!
thanks
michelle
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mizichelle
hya, thanks for the info , did look and still no joy for stonemasonry wages
will keep trying tho!
thanks
michelle

Have just been looking for you. I didn't have any joy, but thought this might interest you

Apply, and see what the salary is. You might also get a job out of it before you come over

http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index...JobID=11686158
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Randy will become famous soon enoughRandy will become famous soon enough

Anyone any idea how much an Auto Electrician/Accessory fitter* installer earns on average. Ta

*(ie car alarms, hi-fi, phone kits etc)
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:16 am
Just Joined

rblackman is on a distinguished road

Hi, anyone have any idea what bricklayers wages are in Brisbane?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

i have been given this address from my case worker , might help a few people out for guideline of wages !(http://www.workingin-australia.com/i...ons):thumbsup:
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

perz is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone can give me advise on how much asp.net web programmer would get in Melbourne? I've actually been working with a company in Melbourne since 2005 but have no idea if my wage is right. I'm new to the culture and it seems nobody ask nobody about each other wages
One thing that I feel I'm ok to get a bit lower than others in same profession cause my English is not so good. So got to accept that i suppose.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Steven77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I've recently arrived in Sydney and am looking for any expats who are wall and floor tilers.

Can anyone help, please?

Steven
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:38 am
Just Joined

lorraine-b is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

This tread is great and lots of info shared, many thanks to everyone I cant wait to show my hubby when he gets in from work, I was told that you have to be under 45 to apply for a job in australia is this correct, cause my hubby is an electrican well he's a 45yr old electrican and with him having a trade that was going to be our main focus of getting a job first, but what we hear it looks like he be drawing his pension first lol

So if anyone could shed some light on any info i would be greatfull as there looks like there is work out there and would love to get the ball rolling as fast as we can

Many Thanks
Lorraine
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:42 am
burleigh chick

holly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really niceholly30 is just really nice

Hi
As far as i know you have to be 45 or under before you apply.
I don't whether because of your husbands trade its any different?????

but i am a hairdresser and thats what it is for me.
hope this helps?
holly
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:47 am
Just Joined

lorraine-b is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by holly30
Hi
As far as i know you have to be 45 or under before you apply.
I don't whether because of your husbands trade its any different?????

but i am a hairdresser and thats what it is for me.
hope this helps?
holly
Hi Holly thank you very much for your reply i will have to look into it more and ask around it would be great if an other electrican could contact me with some more info many thanks again Holly, i'm doing a Acrylic Nail course at the moment and hope to bring that experence with me,

Lorraine
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

madsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nice
Question Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi, does anyone know what wage a lift engineer/mechanic(as called over there) is likely to get in brisbane?
any info would be greatly appreciated
thanks sam xx
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lorraine-b
This tread is great and lots of info shared, many thanks to everyone I cant wait to show my hubby when he gets in from work, I was told that you have to be under 45 to apply for a job in australia is this correct, cause my hubby is an electrican well he's a 45yr old electrican and with him having a trade that was going to be our main focus of getting a job first, but what we hear it looks like he be drawing his pension first lol

So if anyone could shed some light on any info i would be greatfull as there looks like there is work out there and would love to get the ball rolling as fast as we can

Many Thanks
Lorraine

General skilled migration visa's are only for those under 45 years of age. Some sponsored visa's like the RSMS and ENS have an age exemption, so you'd need to look at them. Obviously he would need an employer in Australia to sponsor him.

You'll find out more info about them visa's on www.immi.gov.au

Originally Posted by madsam
Hi, does anyone know what wage a lift engineer/mechanic(as called over there) is likely to get in brisbane?
any info would be greatly appreciated
thanks sam xx
It's about $45 - $55k Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.