Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

warbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by frendt
Can anyone help regarding average wage for petrol tanker driver in australia and where the main distribution terminals are. Also average wage for standard hgv driver.

At early stages of considering the move but cannot find relevant info on web as yet. I could do with a point in the right direction.

Any advice please!
Have a look at http://www.mitchellcorp.com.au/

They do the majority of the runs in and out of BP Kwinana just out of Perth.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:06 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Hi does anybody know what the salary is for a fire alarm engineer/technician
we was told about $65k to $75k is this correct ? this is from someone who is in Australia.
also does anybody know of any fire alarm engineers wanted in WA

kind regards
michell
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

johnelcoat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, my wife is a dental nurse and we were wondering if there is much call for these and salaries?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

can't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nicecan't wait is just really nice

Hi we are looking to migrate to perth.
Does anyone know what's the average salary of a plasterer,i can also do Rendering,Pebble Dashing got years of experience but notthing down on paper
more's the pity.
Can anyone help any info would be greatly apprecialed.
cheers
darren
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:36 am
Just Joined

ChrissyBest is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi All

We are currently looking moving to Oz and have just started our visa application - Can I ask if its unrealistic of me and my OH to think he can acquite a salary of around $85-90pa. He is in IT. Also is any area of Oz swamped with IT staff? So maybe best to avoid??

thanks!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

heidi123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Husband and i are looking in to moving to Brisbane or Melbourne,my husband has 11 years experience as a Sap Project Manger,what is the pay like,are they jobs available Brisbane or Melbourne.

Thanks
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

motogpfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andy-heather
ian

thinking of comeing over to start this course silver trowel in perth have u heard of it if so is it the right way to get in to bricklaying cost £13000 dus it help geting permanent residency and becouse u out on a studant visa are u only can work 20hours per week the agent said the course will get u a start after 8 weeks then you can earn bricklayers wage a week and from time to time go back to collage then after 18 months u apply for residency ????
hi i'm a brickie just to give u an idea .it would take 5 days a wk for 6 to12 months just to get buy doing the basics on a site ,its all constant practice with the trowell .& if you get a job an experienced brickie will be able to tell how long you'v been at it .it'll take you 3 to 4 years to get close to a full brickies rate as a guide you need to be able to build 500+ brick a day comfortably.when your starting out it'll be difficult to do 100 neatly.best advice is get a job labouring first & watch them working if your working well for them they'll let you try for yourself .most poeple dont realise theres more to bricklaying than building a straight wall.& £13000 sounds like a rip off

Last edited by motogpfan; Feb 26th 2008 at 9:13 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by motogpfan
hi i'm a brickie just to give u an idea .it would take 5 days a wk for 6 to12 months just to get buy doing the basics on a site ,its all constant practice with the trowell .& if you get a job an experienced brickie will be able to tell how long you'v been at it .it'll take you 3 to 4 years to get close to a full brickies rate as a guide you need to be able to build 500+ brick a day comfortably.when your starting out it'll be difficult to do 100 neatly.best advice is get a job labouring first & watch them working if your working well for them they'll let you try for yourself .most poeple dont realise theres more to bricklaying than building a straight wall.& £13000 sounds like a rip off

£13k will be the international rate which they would have to pay on a student visa. If they did the same course in the UK it would be much less, but then it would take a lot longer to get here. Although I have to say it does sound a bit 'too good to be true' that you can do a brickie's course in just 8 weeks and meet the criteria for a skilled visa at the end of it I'm pretty certain they will need 900 hours of training but I'm no expert.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

owensclan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know what the salary for a radiographer with 20 years experience is(particularly in Brissie).
I have looked at many recruitment agencies, but they dont give salaries.

Thanx
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

sharnpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Emigrating to Perth. I already have a job lined up -Neonatal Nurse- at the 'King Edward Hosp'. Hubby is a firefighter here in the UK. He has already applied to Perth Fire HQ. Waiting on Permanent Residency before he can take the application further. Has anybody been in a similar position to us? What kind of combined wage would we look at getting, realistically!! would we be able to afford to live out there. Under no disillusion that life will be any different than here. Money very tight here in the UK, It's the kids that we want to do this for!:
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:32 am
Just Joined

lotus eater is an unknown quantity at this point

We are considering moving to Sydney so I am looking to see what salary a lecturer gets either in College or art school - any ideas?? I thought about 55k per year
Old Feb 28th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julie and chad
hi yes i did have a contact my husband is ex airbus uk and also worked in tolouse is that the type of thing ?? pm me to get details julie and chad
Hi Julie and Chad, thank you for replying. Yes that would be the type of thing, would your contact be for australia, which i didnt make very clear in my last post. A330 planes e,c,t were the type.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 12:10 am
Just Joined

deanfitz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am not yet in oz but would like to come over. My partner is an auxillary nurse and has been for 5 years. I am a close protection operative (Bodyguard) and a first aid at work instructor/assesor. Does anybody do this job or know anything about the wages and availability of work for CPO's and auxilliary nurses in oz. Thanks Dean.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:37 am
Just Joined

jimmy.guilfoyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi Folks

1st post.

Would you say $200k --> $245k is a very very good salary for out there ?

Jimmy
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Location: at present hyde manchester england ,hopefully mulalloo perth wa
armstrong7 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all
any site joiners or what ever termanolgoy they use in oz for 1st 2 nd and final fix joiners on newbuild site would be earning .i am told many things and read a couple of the emplyment pages and their saying 35 50 dolars per hour is this true ,we are moving to perth .

thanks all
matty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.