Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

andy-heather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by bradfordlad
Hi Donna and good shout.....
Me also Carpenter in Perth and wages for me differ weekly......good week,including a few hours Saturdays....up to $1500.00 , bad week.. no Saturday and minimum hours....$850/950.00.
Hourly rates can differ...know most are on $25/30 per hour and heard talk of some on up to $40 per hour.All say the same though...If you can make up to $1500.00 in a week you are doing well.
Hope this answers a few questions for some.

Ian
ian

thinking of comeing over to start this course silver trowel in perth have u heard of it if so is it the right way to get in to bricklaying cost £13000 dus it help geting permanent residency and becouse u out on a studant visa are u only can work 20hours per week the agent said the course will get u a start after 8 weeks then you can earn bricklayers wage a week and from time to time go back to collage then after 18 months u apply for residency ????
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

rogermac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xzibit
Anyone have any idea what an Architectural Associate, CAD technician, draughtsman would be on in Adelaide?

Many thanks
looking at moving to perth next year with wife and two kids visa app sent two weeks ago was just wondering what a car mechanics wages are like there currently working as a patrol for theaa here in the uk and was looking at working for the rac wa over there

many thanks

Roger
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy-heather
ian

thinking of comeing over to start this course silver trowel in perth have u heard of it if so is it the right way to get in to bricklaying cost £13000 dus it help geting permanent residency and becouse u out on a studant visa are u only can work 20hours per week the agent said the course will get u a start after 8 weeks then you can earn bricklayers wage a week and from time to time go back to collage then after 18 months u apply for residency ????

Sounds dodgy to me mate. Get a second opinion from another agent. On a student visa you are only allowed to work 20 hours per week during term time, and if you don't attend you could be kicked off the course, and therefore out of the country.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Location: at present hyde manchester england ,hopefully mulalloo perth wa
armstrong7 is an unknown quantity at this point

one ,we are just going through visa stuff and i am wanting to know if anybody knows of anyone needing joiners carpenters in perth area ,i am time served and am 31 years old so got the experience .any help would be greatly apperciated .just to make you all feel better its wensday 1 .40 pm and its about to start snowing pritty poo really .
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

welshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by armstrong7
one ,we are just going through visa stuff and i am wanting to know if anybody knows of anyone needing joiners carpenters in perth area ,i am time served and am 31 years old so got the experience .any help would be greatly apperciated .just to make you all feel better its wensday 1 .40 pm and its about to start snowing pritty poo really .

hi sorry don't know anything on carpenters,but found this on here,take a look hope this helps
and good luck with the visa stuff..lol

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

nicknic will become famous soon enough

Hi welshtaffy

we are originly from cwmbran

any idea what amaintenance fitter will get paid in perth

thanks Nick
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

welshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nicknic
Hi welshtaffy

we are originly from cwmbran

any idea what amaintenance fitter will get paid in perth

thanks Nick

hi nick

not far from you then..lol heard we having snow this weekend

sorry not sure for the maintenance wage...but im sure someone will come along to help you....
but in the mean time have a look here to give you a idea
http://mycareer.com.au/

and here
http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/ind...rds=&x=12&y=15

and im sure they are called mechanical fitters out there...(i think..lol)

hubby dean is a forklift technician for Linde up in Merthyr,but we're just in the process of just talking and finding loads of info for working and living in oz.....but best of luck and keep us updated
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:02 pm
Hot Cake

yasir.asad is a jewel in the roughyasir.asad is a jewel in the roughyasir.asad is a jewel in the roughyasir.asad is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by greggsy
Aircraft planning engineer with Boeing Australia. Starting pay of $57k going to $62k after 1 year (less super).
We have a Japanese student at the mo and getting $26 a day, money for old rope

Mark

so can u tell me wages of a 5 yr exp aircraft maintenance engineer in australia ?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

mizichelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shella_n
Hi

I am looking for any information on what STONEMASONS earn. My OH does carving and restoration work and we are considering Brisbane or Melbourne.

Would be grateful for any information you might have.

Many thanks

michelle
hya, michelle, my husband too is a stonemason, doing mostly carving and restoration work , has worked for 2 wellknown conservation trusts here in the uk, and were currently in the process of applying for a 136 visa, yet to send info to the TRA, so long way to go , but we were looking to go to the brisbane area and was hoping to find any info on pay, have you had any luck yet? we have 3 boys aged 2, 10 and 15 and hoping this will be are last winter here. were abouts are you in the uk? my husband might know yours as the restoration side of stonemasonry is quite a small circle. would be interested if anyone knows what sort of pay is expected on the eastcoast and would like to know if it differs much from W/A
thanx
michelle T
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

can anyone give a rough idea on fully qualified wood machinest salary????

i am under the impression its around $25k????
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

shella_n is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mizichelle
hya, michelle, my husband too is a stonemason, doing mostly carving and restoration work , has worked for 2 wellknown conservation trusts here in the uk, and were currently in the process of applying for a 136 visa, yet to send info to the TRA, so long way to go , but we were looking to go to the brisbane area and was hoping to find any info on pay, have you had any luck yet? we have 3 boys aged 2, 10 and 15 and hoping this will be are last winter here. were abouts are you in the uk? my husband might know yours as the restoration side of stonemasonry is quite a small circle. would be interested if anyone knows what sort of pay is expected on the eastcoast and would like to know if it differs much from W/A
thanx
michelle T
Hi Michelle
Thanks for your email. NO,I havent had much luck yet finding out what they will earn. i think what Austrlians calla stonemason is very different to what we call a stonemason - they seem to do tiling etc. We are probably aiming at Brisbane too although tbhey are supposed to be of short supply in Perth and WA are also sponsering them.
They seem to say max salary is $40k but as I said they do different work to what are husbands are used to and I think there will be little restroation work so they might have to look at doing slightly different work.
My husband has had links with the NAtional Trust,CWO and Cliveden Conservation. Does your husband know any of those?
We are based in Bekshire. We have 2 girls - 1 and 3. My husband is from South AFrica so he is really keen to go to Aus and get back the lifestyle that he was used to and loved.
Michelle
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gerry
can anyone give a rough idea on fully qualified wood machinest salary????

i am under the impression its around $25k????

There is a job in brisbane advertising $40 - $50k per year, plus super. It's the only one I could find with a salary mentioned, but it should give you some idea.

http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index...JobID=11550502
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

rogermac is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Hi can anyone tell me what an average car mechanics wages are in perth visa app sent 3 weeks ago hoping to move this time next year
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wendy
There is a job in brisbane advertising $40 - $50k per year, plus super. It's the only one I could find with a salary mentioned, but it should give you some idea.

http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index...JobID=11550502
yeah got my figures wrong slightly!!

think wood machinest are on anywere between $35k and $50k
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:13 am
Just Joined

reshlobo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya.. would anyone know what the demand is for IT project managers in Perth or nearby? And any info about wages for someone with a work experience of about 3 yrs in project management would be helpful as well... ... I've been trying to send my resume through seek to some employers , but they prefer it if you already have the work visa... and I'd feel much better about the move (which is in a few months) if I already had atleast a few interviews lined up for when I land there if not a job offer in hand.

Any thoughts anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.