Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nz What stage are you at?

View Poll Results: What stage are you at? (NZ)
Just thinking about it.....
21.95%
Lodged application and waiting
26.83%
Have visa waiting to go
26.83%
Already there!
24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Nz What stage are you at?

Old Jun 6th 2003, 10:00 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nz What stage are you at?

Originally posted by TIZUS
Hi Paula
Where you given any idea of timescales?
Tori

Hi

We lodged ours at the Christchurch office. I asked about timescales and they were very vague. I told them London were doing apps with job offers in about 2 weeks but they weren't very interested!
Once I get a case officer (about 2 weeks) I will nag them relentlessly (apparently i have a rare talent for this! )

Paula
Old Jun 6th 2003, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nz What stage are you at?

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
Hi

We lodged ours at the Christchurch office. I asked about timescales and they were very vague. I told them London were doing apps with job offers in about 2 weeks but they weren't very interested!
Once I get a case officer (about 2 weeks) I will nag them relentlessly (apparently i have a rare talent for this! )

Paula
Im not sure how accurate the "two weeks" time scale for London is we are still waiting and have job offers.
Tori
Old Jun 6th 2003, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

tom's mum will become famous soon enoughtom's mum will become famous soon enough

we are still waiting, its been three weeks since we lodged our application. Do you recommend nagging and hassling the agent? I must admit Im too scared to do so in case they go even slower!! Has anyone else got away with nagging?

Helen
Old Jun 6th 2003, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tom's mum
we are still waiting, its been three weeks since we lodged our application. Do you recommend nagging and hassling the agent? I must admit Im too scared to do so in case they go even slower!! Has anyone else got away with nagging?

Helen
I would certainly recommend hassling the agent. That's what you pay them for, after all.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Feeling reallt low still no news on the visa, Rush home each day to check post , check phone and check emails.........

Not sure wether to go ahead and book shipper we are supposed to be in NZ IN FIVE WEEKS!!

I know calm down............
Tori
Old Jun 8th 2003, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Feeling reallt low still no news on the visa, Rush home each day to check post , check phone and check emails.........

Not sure wether to go ahead and book shipper we are supposed to be in NZ IN FIVE WEEKS!!

I know calm down............
Tori
Tori,

I'm not quite sure, from your earlier posts, what your position is. You've submitted an application for both a work visa and a PR visa. I assume that the job offer was included with both.

Why did you submit both applications? A work visa should be granted within a few days, as far as I can tell from what I've read. A PR with a job offer should be granted within a few weeks, depending on how organised and clear your application is (and UK applications are quicker).

Have your applications been acknowledged and did the letter give any idea as to timescales? With a job offer, I would have thought you'd have been assigned a case officer and can chase them for a status. I get the impression that NZIS don't mind being called about the status of an application (though doing it daily might get a bit wearing).

Cheers,
Tony
Old Jun 8th 2003, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sofistek
Tori,

I'm not quite sure, from your earlier posts, what your position is. You've submitted an application for both a work visa and a PR visa. I assume that the job offer was included with both.

Why did you submit both applications? A work visa should be granted within a few days, as far as I can tell from what I've read. A PR with a job offer should be granted within a few weeks, depending on how organised and clear your application is (and UK applications are quicker).

Have your applications been acknowledged and did the letter give any idea as to timescales? With a job offer, I would have thought you'd have been assigned a case officer and can chase them for a status. I get the impression that NZIS don't mind being called about the status of an application (though doing it daily might get a bit wearing).

Cheers,
Tony
Our agency said a work visa would take two/four weeks and a PR 3 TO 6 months. As we need to be in Nz for end of July we were adviced to apply for job visa and PR ? Our agency confirmed the applications were recieved on 22nd May and informed us it was just a matter of time.........maybe I should contact NZSI myself though I have no case nuymver or reference due to it all going through the agency. Any thoughts?
Tori
Old Jun 8th 2003, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Our agency said a work visa would take two/four weeks and a PR 3 TO 6 months. As we need to be in Nz for end of July we were adviced to apply for job visa and PR ? Our agency confirmed the applications were recieved on 22nd May and informed us it was just a matter of time.........maybe I should contact NZSI myself though I have no case nuymver or reference due to it all going through the agency. Any thoughts?
Tori
Contact your agent and get them to find out the status of each application and let you know exactly where each is. Make sure that the agent has actually submitted both applications to NZIS.

I was told by NZIS that a PR application with a job offer, if it was well organised (which it should be if an agent has done it) and from a UK citizen, should be very quick. Are there any complications that you can think of? Have you submitted everything to the agent, including work experience evidence, birth certificates, passports, qualifications, job offer, job description, police checks, medicals, and anything else that might be relevant?
Old Jun 8th 2003, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sofistek
Contact your agent and get them to find out the status of each application and let you know exactly where each is. Make sure that the agent has actually submitted both applications to NZIS.

I was told by NZIS that a PR application with a job offer, if it was well organised (which it should be if an agent has done it) and from a UK citizen, should be very quick. Are there any complications that you can think of? Have you submitted everything to the agent, including work experience evidence, birth certificates, passports, qualifications, job offer, job description, police checks, medicals, and anything else that might be relevant?
Hi Tony
We spent ages getting everything ready and our agents commended us on how much work we put into it, asked us for a few extra details and everything was submitted. I will call agent tomorrow and find out the status as you suggested.....feelinga little nervous as this forum has given some bad press about the agency........
Keep you posted
Tori
Old Jun 9th 2003, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Did as adviced and emailed and called our agency this morning asking them to find out the status of our applications. To be told as soon as they heard something they would let us know.....Not content with this rang NZIS myself found out our ref. number and case officer who informed us she had approved our application and that the procedure was for it to be given the ok by a second person. We should have an answer with in the week.

Does this mean what I think

Is it nearly time (insert icon for cracking open champagne!)

In the mean time this will do

:PARTY:
Cheers Tori
Old Jun 9th 2003, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Did as adviced and emailed and called our agency this morning asking them to find out the status of our applications. To be told as soon as they heard something they would let us know.....Not content with this rang NZIS myself found out our ref. number and case officer who informed us she had approved our application and that the procedure was for it to be given the ok by a second person. We should have an answer with in the week.

Does this mean what I think

Is it nearly time (insert icon for cracking open champagne!)

In the mean time this will do

Cheers Tori
What an awful agent! Anyway, it certainly looks like good news. Sounds like NZIS just needs to go through a double checking process but, if you can't think of anything that might be dubious, then it looks like that cork is about to pop any day.

Well done!
Old Jun 9th 2003, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. The way PR applications are processed by NZIS is as follows: Case officer assigned, & processes application. Case officer reaches provisional decision. The case then passes to a manager who also goes over the application & forms his/her own decision. If the two officers agree, then approval in principle is granted, at which point the applicant has to pay migrant/settlement info fees, transfer funds etc.

If the manager picks up on something (eg missing documents/insufficient work experience etc etc etc) the application goes back to the case officer who then contacts applicant to provide more info, and so on.

So if your case officer has passed your application to the next level without asking you for further information/clarification, that is indeed a good sign!

All the best,

Russ.
Old Jun 9th 2003, 1:00 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

This does sound like very good news - bet youv'e got a smile on your face today!

Let us know when it comes through.

Regards,

Blair
Old Jun 9th 2003, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

tom's mum will become famous soon enoughtom's mum will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Our case officer called me today to let me know that our application had been approved, we should get the paperwork through within the next two weeks. YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

Now all we have to do is sell our house.

Sitting here with huge grins on our faces.

Helen

Last edited by tom's mum; Jun 9th 2003 at 6:55 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2003, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by tom's mum
Hi,

Our case officer called me today to let me know that our application had been approved, we should get the paperwork through within the next two weeks. YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

Now all we have to do is sell our house.

Sitting here with huge grins on our faces.

Helen
Great news, Helen.

Wow, there seems to have been a spate of approvals recently. It's making me feel quite jealous! It could be next year before I get the champagne out, unless I find work before then. But then again, the rest of the family don't want to go until next year, so it's not too bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.