British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Nz What stage are you at? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/nz-what-stage-you-157024/)

TIZUS Jun 4th 2003 11:30 am

Nz What stage are you at?

What stage are you at ?
NZIS recieved our paperwork for both work visas and PR on 21st May just waiting.........
:zzz: :zzz:
Tori

GetMeOutOfHere Jun 4th 2003 12:12 pm

Re: Nz What stage are you at?

Originally posted by TIZUS
What stage are you at ?
NZIS recieved our paperwork for both work visas and PR on 21st May just waiting.........
:zzz: :zzz:
Tori
Can you add "Going and paper chasing stage" to the votes;)

sandypandy Jun 4th 2003 12:13 pm

Hi TIZUS

We are at the beginning - just started to look at all the paper work that we are going to need to get together. Have to admit that we are using the Emmigration Group to help us and not doing it all ourselves. We hope to go to Christchurch but really depends on hubby and job offer. Have you got job offers or are you lucky enough to have enough points without a job offer?

P.S Hubby is working at Philips at the moment which I see is just down the road from you.:rolleyes:

TIZUS Jun 4th 2003 12:23 pm

Originally posted by sandypandy
Hi TIZUS

We are at the beginning - just started to look at all the paper work that we are going to need to get together. Have to admit that we are using the Emmigration Group to help us and not doing it all ourselves. We hope to go to Christchurch but really depends on hubby and job offer. Have you got job offers or are you lucky enough to have enough points without a job offer?

P.S Hubby is working at Philips at the moment which I see is just down the road from you.:rolleyes:
We did'nt have enough points but Ian has a job offer satrting the end of July in Nelson
Tori

TIZUS Jun 4th 2003 12:25 pm

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
Can you add "Going and paper chasing stage" to the votes;)
Don't know how to? Sorry
Tori

stephen john Jun 4th 2003 12:40 pm

We found out yesterday that weve been accepted in principal.All we need to do now is pay some fees and go and collect our passports.I have to say it sure feels good.Have just been planing our trip there,but it depends on house sale.Has anyone been to Fiji?

Claire

TIZUS Jun 4th 2003 12:43 pm

Originally posted by stephen john
We found out yesterday that weve been accepted in principal.All we need to do now is pay some fees and go and collect our passports.I have to say it sure feels good.Have just been planing our trip there,but it depends on house sale.Has anyone been to Fiji?

Claire
How long did it tkae form start to finish Claire?
Fiji....haven't been but thinking about it too:)
Tori

stephen john Jun 4th 2003 12:45 pm

It took approx 5 weeks from lodging the application but about 4 months to get all the paper work together.

sandypandy Jun 4th 2003 2:03 pm

We did'nt have enough points but Ian has a job offer satrting the end of July in Nelson
Tori
Did Ian got his job over here, or did you go over there and look for work?
Sandra

TIZUS Jun 4th 2003 2:51 pm

Did Ian got his job over here, or did you go over there and look for work?
Sandra
Hi Sandra
Ian got his job from here we just reasearched all the building companies in the Nz and then sent copies of CV - we got four or five job offers but Nelson looks wonderful so thats where we are going!
Tori

sandypandy Jun 4th 2003 3:43 pm

Hi Sandra
Ian got his job from here we just reasearched all the building companies in the Nz and then sent copies of CV - we got four or five job offers but Nelson looks wonderful so thats where we are going!
Tori
Tori
Your husband was very lucky to have so many job offers!!
Did you find that employers were willing to wait the 2 months or so that it takes for the PR to come through and for you to get organised before your husband could start work? Our agent has said that most are not happy about waiting and have suggested that before we go out in October for a look and hopefully find a job that we put the house on the market and be ready to move quickly.
We also like the look of Nelson but not much hope of a job there for hubby:(
Sandra

TIZUS Jun 4th 2003 4:06 pm

Tori
Your husband was very lucky to have so many job offers!!
Did you find that employers were willing to wait the 2 months or so that it takes for the PR to come through and for you to get organised before your husband could start work? Our agent has said that most are not happy about waiting and have suggested that before we go out in October for a look and hopefully find a job that we put the house on the market and be ready to move quickly.
We also like the look of Nelson but not much hope of a job there for hubby:(
Sandra
Both my husband and a friend who is also emigrating recieved job offers with out going to Nz and they are more than happy to wait, We keep them updated weekly as to the progress. I guess it does depend which field you are both have trades on the job shortage list so I guess that must have a bearing.
Tori

Thomas Family Jun 4th 2003 6:28 pm

Hello Tizus . What trade are you in? Did you find 4corners helpful
in your jobsearch? Did you have a lot of silly mistakes and spelling
mistakes on your Draft applications to NZ? Do you have to worry
about minor driving offences from 12+ years ago?
Have you a list of possible building firms I could contact.
Christchurch or anywhere S.Island. Help much appreciated.

valleygirl Jun 4th 2003 7:30 pm

I am at the getting board waiting for police checks stage!!! Mine is back but hubbies is not!!! Must be because he was a naughty boy 20 years ago!!! Slap wrist!!

I have been offered a couple of jobs and plan to fly out to NZ around the 30th of July. If all goes well I wont take any of the ones that have been offered and get a teaching job when I arrive in Auckland as I have been promised that the next post is mine. So I have to meet the HOD when I get there and see what happens (fingers crossed). If I do get a teaching post it takes the pressure of the hubbie to find something straight away as of course the money is better than the jobs in the beauty industry.

However can't wait to go. When is everybody else planning to go??

Amanda:)

Kebabo Jun 4th 2003 7:52 pm

Amanda

What jobs have you already been offered? are they not teaching as well?

we are going over in September as a fact finding and hopefully job finding trip. Really want to go to Queenstown as we have friends there, but unfortunately going to have to go wherever I can get a job. All down on my shoulders as hubby doesn't have a dregree!! also feel pretty dim compared to all the teachers, nurses etc going, I need something in business and finance or travel jobs, only they don't seem to want to take on non resident people.

Boy job searching is so catch 22

Donna