Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nz What stage are you at?

View Poll Results: What stage are you at? (NZ)
Just thinking about it.....
21.95%
Lodged application and waiting
26.83%
Have visa waiting to go
26.83%
Already there!
24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Nz What stage are you at?

Old Jun 10th 2003, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tom's mum
Hi,

Our case officer called me today to let me know that our application had been approved, we should get the paperwork through within the next two weeks. YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

Now all we have to do is sell our house.

Sitting here with huge grins on our faces.

Helen
Excellent, the adventure will soon begin
Old Jun 15th 2003, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

So another week goes by and still no visa..........
Oh well Mondays another start to another new week and the shippers are here Tuesday and we are homeless on Wednesday

Tori

time for a me thinks!!
Old Jun 15th 2003, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

Medicals on Tuesday 2pm, put in application has soon as with documents and job offer. House is on the market for 17 days now and only 1 viewing. I think we need to have serious words with our agent, something not quite right.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

We had trouble with our agent and ended up having to suggest things like - Ideal first time buyer property - No chain - Putting it in their window!!

After a few days of hassling things started to happen! We complete on Wednesday. My advise don't take everytinhg they say for granted check waht they are doing.......
Tori
Old Jun 16th 2003, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't want to dampen any spirits but a report in the Sunday Times suggests that the number of first time buyers has halved. This could cause trouble all the way up the chain. I hope it's short lived.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually stopped of at the estate agents on the way home and told them that 1 viewing in 18 days was not exceptable and asked to see how many viewings they done on Saturday. Answer 61 so the market in Surrey is not that slow has he pointed then I then requested that certain details they had put in the local property paper be changed. They now know they have until the end of the month to produce.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by TIZUS
Did as adviced and emailed and called our agency this morning asking them to find out the status of our applications. To be told as soon as they heard something they would let us know.....Not content with this rang NZIS myself found out our ref. number and case officer who informed us she had approved our application and that the procedure was for it to be given the ok by a second person. We should have an answer with in the week.

Does this mean what I think

Is it nearly time (insert icon for cracking open champagne!)

In the mean time this will do

:PARTY:
Cheers Tori
Hi Tori,

just reading through this and thought i would let you know what my case officer said today as i know what it feels like to stalk the postman!! We had lodged ours for PR on 1st of May all present and correct bar my husbands police check which we sent by recorded delivery one week later as it didn't arrive with us on time!! anyway i checked with NZIS on 4th June as we hadn't heard anything and we have a job offer (i'm a nurse) and was told the same as you that it had been assessed and was fine and she would send it on for approval and i should hear within a week or two. I should say this was not my own case officer as she had been on anual leave and then out sick (these things have to be taken into account too i suppose, and maybe help explain how some get processed much quicker than others)

Curiosity got the better of me today again though, and i telephoned my own case officer and she said that they are suddenly very snowed under in the office at the moment and it will probably be early July before we know anything. just thought it might help those who are waiting to know this as it is better to think that it will be sometime in the future and then be surprised if it comes early than expect it through the letterbox every morning. i just wish it would come though! i am getting really tired of waiting for everythig to fall into place! we have had the house on the market since end of october last year and seem to making very little progress. anyway since we have no visa yet there is no real hurry on selling the house. the stress of it all seems to be greater now i think though and the longer it goes on the more people seem to be asking well have you not sold the house yet and have you got your visa yet? can't wait until i can say yes to at least one of them!! sorry for the rant but i had to get it all of my chest before i go to work tonight!!

all the best to the rest of you still waiting! at least with this forum we know we are not on our own!
Old Jun 16th 2003, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh dear thats not good knews........ We need to be in nZ for mid July to start Ian's Job. Guess I had better ring our oh so helpfull agency and see what they advice.
I think we need an icon for a tantrum coz I WANT MY VISA NOW!!

Tori
Old Jun 24th 2003, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

So another week zips by and still no visa........... Agent says nothing to worry about will let us know etc. etc. think I will give New Zealand house another call myself tomorrow.......

Has anyone actually booked flights without their visa??

Tori
Old Jun 24th 2003, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by TIZUS
So another week zips by and still no visa........... Agent says nothing to worry about will let us know etc. etc. think I will give New Zealand house another call myself tomorrow.......

Has anyone actually booked flights without their visa??

Tori
That's a bummer. Hopefully a call to NZ House will get to the bottom of the matter. Maybe they're short staffed at the moment.

Your agent sounds like a doozy. Definitely one to avoid for anyone considering agents.

If time is a-pressing, your husband might consider getting a work visa to ensure he can start his job in time. I don't think that will affect the residence visa and I understand you can get one while you wait, at NZ House.

Of course, if all else fails, and your husband can't start his job in time, it won't affect the residence visa, since all that is required is a job offer, which you've submitted.

All the best.

Tony
Old Jun 25th 2003, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Tony

Guess I will bypass the agency again and go straight to Nz House for an update
Tori
Old Jun 25th 2003, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Tori

Which agent are you using.
We visited one yesterday and are no considering what to do next.

Paul