Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nottingham Meet November - Newbies very welcome

Nottingham Meet November - Newbies very welcome

Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nottingham Meet November - Newbies very welcome

Hi guys
Sorry I've been quiet, still trying to get my head round stuff. Or had you all forgotten me?

The 17th seems OK, Steve has a 1/2 day then, so its entirely possible we'll be able to get if we can find a babysitter. I like the sound of the beer for a quid! I have a kangaroo if you want me to bring it? Nick congrats on the 'sale', electric baby I'm happy that you've decided to bite the bullet and go anyway, good for you.
For those Newbies we haven't met, Steve and I are headed for Brisbane, hopefully Mar 07, we've got 2 girls 10 and 7 (who are angling for another daytime meet, guys)
I'm off to the Barbie to find the Salsa thread.

Will confirm later
Jo (the other one)
Old Nov 7th 2006, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

OH has agreed to the 17th (its was the price of the beer that did it, plus its my turn to drive ) Just have to find a babysitter now.
Jo

Originally Posted by Weasy
We've got a sitter so are a definite now - yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou
xx
Old Nov 7th 2006, 11:18 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Jo

Hope you can get a sitter

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by kizbut1
OH has agreed to the 17th (its was the price of the beer that did it, plus its my turn to drive ) Just have to find a babysitter now.
Jo
Old Nov 7th 2006, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Weasy
Nice one Jo

Hope you can get a sitter

Lou
xx
Good to have you back on line Jo.A good night is just what you need with plenty of laughs.
Nick
Old Nov 7th 2006, 6:07 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nick11
Good to have you back on line Jo.A good night is just what you need with plenty of laughs.
Nick
Sounds like your OH ought to let you off on this Nick - Kizbut needs a good nite out with the ladies .... Chardonay and Smirnoff! Tee Hee

Great to hear form you again Jo - Nick at least you have an empty house - my mil offered to let us be lodgers when we sell now thats scary! :scared:
Old Nov 7th 2006, 6:15 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank heavens my MIL lives in Spain so couldn't offer that option , not that she'd ever be that generous

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Sounds like your OH ought to let you off on this Nick - Kizbut needs a good nite out with the ladies .... Chardonay and Smirnoff! Tee Hee

Great to hear form you again Jo - Nick at least you have an empty house - my mil offered to let us be lodgers when we sell now thats scary! :scared:
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:08 am
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Hi guys
Sorry I've been quiet, still trying to get my head round stuff. Or had you all forgotten me?

The 17th seems OK, Steve has a 1/2 day then, so its entirely possible we'll be able to get if we can find a babysitter. I like the sound of the beer for a quid! I have a kangaroo if you want me to bring it? Nick congrats on the 'sale', electric baby I'm happy that you've decided to bite the bullet and go anyway, good for you.
For those Newbies we haven't met, Steve and I are headed for Brisbane, hopefully Mar 07, we've got 2 girls 10 and 7 (who are angling for another daytime meet, guys)
I'm off to the Barbie to find the Salsa thread.

Will confirm later
Jo (the other one)
Hi Jo

We are waiting for a case officer to (that is what CO meant isnt it?)
When did you apply for one - our app went in 14th September

Looking forward to catching up with you both.

Speak soon

Jodie
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Hi Jo

We are waiting for a case officer to (that is what CO meant isnt it?)
When did you apply for one - our app went in 14th September

Looking forward to catching up with you both.

Speak soon

Jodie
Hi folks
Our agent has advised that Oz are only just acknowledging receipt of Visa lodgements dated early Sept. He advised we should hear about our acknowledgement in the next week or so, but there is a big backlog in assigning case officers. Apparantly they don't tell you when one is assigned (although you get a number) and the next contact will be asking for Med's/Police checks (or declining the app) - maybe around May time !!!. So there was me thinking we could book flights now, for July to validate ! Anyone throw any light on this or dispel the myth?
Cheers
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tofster
Hi folks
Our agent has advised that Oz are only just acknowledging receipt of Visa lodgements dated early Sept. He advised we should hear about our acknowledgement in the next week or so, but there is a big backlog in assigning case officers. Apparantly they don't tell you when one is assigned (although you get a number) and the next contact will be asking for Med's/Police checks (or declining the app) - maybe around May time !!!. So there was me thinking we could book flights now, for July to validate ! Anyone throw any light on this or dispel the myth?
Cheers
But if you look at the current processing times -sir visas lodged on line are taking around 12 weeks to process - I don't understand!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice

Hello all,

Lou (weasy) has just told me about this meet up, we live around the corner from her and Chaz, near Trent Bridge in Bridgford. Lou said it would be good to get together for some mutual sorrow-drowning with a bottle of VB!

Quick bit of info about us;

I'm Marcus (36) and my finace is Jules (29), we've just received our ack for a 138 non-MODL, probably heading to Melbourne as that's where Jules' sister (our sponsor) is living.
I have some very, very distant rellies on the Gold Coast and met them for the first time when we went to Oz in April.They have kindly agreed to be our AoS...so it's all coming together nicely, if a bit slowly.
We both work at County Hall - Jules is in corporate commincations and PR, I'm in IT running the help desk. Lots of restructuring going on, so no one knows what job they will end up with next year, but hopefully we won't be around long enough to care!

Anyway, I hope that's enough info to get us through the door at Walkabout. The last time we were there it was to see a live performance by none other than Dr Karl Kennedy of Neighbours fame (in his real life band 'Alan Fletcher and the Waiting Room'). Kept us waiting for 2 hours and would only autograph his own merchandise though, the stroppy diva! lol

Cheers

Marcus
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by M_and_J
Hello all,

Lou (weasy) has just told me about this meet up, we live around the corner from her and Chaz, near Trent Bridge in Bridgford. Lou said it would be good to get together for some mutual sorrow-drowning with a bottle of VB!

Quick bit of info about us;

I'm Marcus (36) and my finace is Jules (29), we've just received our ack for a 138 non-MODL, probably heading to Melbourne as that's where Jules' sister (our sponsor) is living.
I have some very, very distant rellies on the Gold Coast and met them for the first time when we went to Oz in April.They have kindly agreed to be our AoS...so it's all coming together nicely, if a bit slowly.
We both work at County Hall - Jules is in corporate commincations and PR, I'm in IT running the help desk. Lots of restructuring going on, so no one knows what job they will end up with next year, but hopefully we won't be around long enough to care!

Anyway, I hope that's enough info to get us through the door at Walkabout. The last time we were there it was to see a live performance by none other than Dr Karl Kennedy of Neighbours fame (in his real life band 'Alan Fletcher and the Waiting Room'). Kept us waiting for 2 hours and would only autograph his own merchandise though, the stroppy diva! lol

Cheers

Marcus
Welcome Marcus - but I have to ask - are you the reason why County hall get my wages wrong every month!!!!!!
The Notts meets are great and it's really good to see newbies joining.
Look forward to see you.Make sure you let Jodie know that you're definately coming,as she'll have to ring with the extra numbers - knowing Jodie she'll get us an even bigger discount than before
Nick
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:41 pm
We Have Arrived!

Welcome Marcus - but I have to ask - are you the reason why County hall get my wages wrong every month!!!!!!
Look forward to see you.Make sure you let Jodie know that you're definately coming,as she'll have to ring with the extra numbers - knowing Jodie she'll get us an even bigger discount than before
Nick
Tee hee you know me well Nick- I've been promised some Crown lager if I can get the numbers up and since I don't drink lager someone will be happy depending on how many I obtain...

I am really happy to see newbies joining up - we were thinking the Notts bound oz do would be at with me or Nicks house - didnt think anyone would book us a party for four!

it will be great to catch up and see how everyones doing ...
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice

Nick
Hey Nick,
I am pleased to say my team and I have absolutely nothing to do with payroll! We're the good guys...if your computer is broken, we'll fix it...er...maybe! Your profile says you're a teacher, so you're probably being supported indirectly by our colleagues in Education IT (although we're all supposed to be one big happy family now, apparantly)

Jodie, thanks for the newbie welcome, will confirm by PM after the weekend if that's OK? Earlier posts suggested some kind of food would be available...is this still the case? Happy to chip in for a bit of a buffet if that's the plan, or just drink until I forget I'm hungry

So where in Notts are most folk? We be good to know a little about you too

Cheers

Marcus
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:36 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Now I feel all left out

No-one heading to New Zealand?

I live in Mansfield but I have a shop in Bulwell (I better check its still there ).

Whens this shin-dig happening then?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:42 pm
We Have Arrived!

Well yep the deal currently is £8 per head for buffett food so please let me know any special dietary requirements as our Ozzie friends seem to have a very anti veggie diet!

Thankfully Walkabout also cater for everyone so they will look after what ever - theres going to be some specials on the night available to us too in the form of discount Oz beers.

You will recognise us by the cuddly toys around I believe a Cas (electricbaby) is bringing her Koala (as well as hubbie Matt), and Jo (Kizbut) is bringing her Kangeroo (as well as hubbie Steve)

We are Jodie and Mark (no imagination) both from Giltbrook spookily a street away from Nick11 but didnt know until we found this forum. We hope to go to Adelaide (not our first choice initially but now we are thrilled) we are waiting (have been since 14th September when the app went in) - for a case officer.

This is the first "do" I have organised for the gang as I was one of the last in and most of the organisers have now fled the nest to prepare Australia for the rest of us

We really are a very friendly bunch and I am sure you will have a great time - just make sure one of you drives so they can remember everything cos the other one probably wont eh Nick?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.