Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nottingham Meet November - Newbies very welcome

Nottingham Meet November - Newbies very welcome

Old Nov 10th 2006, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice
Default Re: Nottingham Meet November - Newbies very welcome

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Why don't we have a girls one in Dublin????
I've been to a coffee shop in Dublin, and a coffee shop in Amsterdam...you girls are welcome to the Emerald Isle, I'm with Matt and his mates on this one...even if it is in spirit, not (out of) body

Jodie...do you need PM with contact details etc for Friday? Do we pay on the night for the tucker or do Walkabout need a deposit? Sorry for my noobness!

Marcus
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:30 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

People I don't want to dampen your spirits and it's all a great adventure but I live in QLD (central) and would swap you in a flash to live back in notts area.
If you can come to aust and not sell your UK property then please do in it that way .I sold in notts area bought here I am now unable to return home for 2yrs+ and it's killing me and the better half . please read the other threads . it may all work out great for you .but if it doesn't you really are in the poo if you have sold every thing to get here .

theres an Idea any one want to swap houses ???
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:29 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of
Angry Re: Nottingham Meet November - Newbies very welcome

Originally Posted by toandfro
People I don't want to dampen your spirits and it's all a great adventure but I live in QLD (central) and would swap you in a flash to live back in notts area.
If you can come to aust and not sell your UK property then please do in it that way .I sold in notts area bought here I am now unable to return home for 2yrs+ and it's killing me and the better half . please read the other threads . it may all work out great for you .but if it doesn't you really are in the poo if you have sold every thing to get here .

Wrong thread mate.Thank's for the 'advice' but the people I know on this thread are pretty intelligent people who can make decision's in life without someone else's downfall. For the millions of people that have left home to settle elsewhere, some settle others don't, fact. It's called Life. To say "Dont sell your house" is just too much of a general sweeping statment to hold any weight. Psychologically you need to be commited to be moving to Oz in a positive state of mind or anywhere else in the world for that fact, with just a litte bit of financial stability to fall back on to get by.

To finish, your words aren't something I don't want to hear. It's just that there are other options to this scenario, and it gets my back right up when someome talks crap like that. Anyway rant over, back to our thread.

Mark.

Last edited by Jodie n' Mark; Nov 10th 2006 at 8:32 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Looks like you're really suffering there.All I can say is the Nottingham you remember of old has changed dramatically. Weekly shootings, armed police patrolling the street, checking over your shoulder at every opportunity that you're safe! We met a woman in oz last year from Nottingham. Her elderly grandma and grandad had moved out to oz - been there 10 years plus - decided to return to Notts on a permanent basis - they lasted a week here - til they decided they had made a mistake - felt very threatened.
Would love to house swop, but Queensland won't take us!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Wrong thread mate.Thank's for the 'advice' but the people I know on this thread are pretty intelligent people who can make decision's in life without someone else's downfall. For the millions of people that have left home to settle elsewhere, some settle others don't, fact. It's called Life. To say "Dont sell your house" is just too much of a general sweeping statment to hold any weight. Psychologically you need to be commited to be moving to Oz in a positive state of mind or anywhere else in the world for that fact, with just a litte bit of financial stability to fall back on to get by.

To finish, your words aren't something I don't want to hear. It's just that there are other options to this scenario, and it gets my back right up when someome talks crap like that. Anyway rant over, back to our thread.

Mark.

Oooh Mark, I never knew you had it in you.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:37 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nick11
Looks like you're really suffering there.All I can say is the Nottingham you remember of old has changed dramatically. Weekly shootings, armed police patrolling the street, checking over your shoulder at every opportunity that you're safe! We met a woman in oz last year from Nottingham. Her elderly grandma and grandad had moved out to oz - been there 10 years plus - decided to return to Notts on a permanent basis - they lasted a week here - til they decided they had made a mistake - felt very threatened.
Would love to house swop, but Queensland won't take us!
what ,has changed in 12mths ??, and armed police like the ones on the street here .gun carrying cops pull you over for speeding !
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:40 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by M_and_J
I've been to a coffee shop in Dublin, and a coffee shop in Amsterdam...you girls are welcome to the Emerald Isle, I'm with Matt and his mates on this one...even if it is in spirit, not (out of) body

Jodie...do you need PM with contact details etc for Friday? Do we pay on the night for the tucker or do Walkabout need a deposit? Sorry for my noobness!

Marcus
A pm would be great I have sent you my telephone number incase you get stuck enroute or get a better offer (it better be a good one!)

Walkabout have been very good and not asked for a deposit so its pay on the night. If I can have final numbers by the 15th then I will let them know.

Don't apologise for being new I was the last newbie and you soon become an old hand!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

what ,has changed in 12mths ??, and armed police like the ones on the street here .gun carrying cops pull you over for speeding !
No the feeling of being threatened wherever you go. And yes I've been to oz!¬
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:53 pm
beam me up scotty

Mark.
not questioning your intelligence (do you feel threatened by different opinion) I have done this twice now and I can tell you there is a lot of hidden costs but hey yo know it all the aust govt told you and they don't lie ..do they??. the financial security you speak of is false sense of security. but you will find out for your self . I will unsubscibe from your thread and you can carry on with your fantasy .enjoy your meets and drinks you won't have it here mate.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

not questioning your intelligence (do you feel threatened by different opinion) I have done this twice now and I can tell you there is a lot of hidden costs but hey yo know it all the aust govt told you and they don't lie ..do they??. the financial security you speak of is false sense of security. but you will find out for your self . I will unsubscibe from your thread and you can carry on with your fantasy .enjoy your meets and drinks you won't have it here mate.
HMMM AND ME WONDERS WHY HE DON'T FIT IN!!!!!!!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:10 pm
We Have Arrived!

Try reading this and still want to come back to Nottingham

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/

top 2 stories

MAN BUNDLED INTO CAR 'VERY LUCKY TO BE ALIVE'
'REAL KILLER IS STILL OUT THERE'
and if you click on news it just gets worse

Also try reading the thread entitled "disgusted" thats just a picture of everyday life here.

I am not expecting Australian kids to be walking around with halos
but I know for a fact they have much more respect than here in England.

I would say don't sell your house in Queensland come back here for a holiday first then decide

Jodie
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:17 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Try reading this and still want to come back to Nottingham

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/

top 2 stories

MAN BUNDLED INTO CAR 'VERY LUCKY TO BE ALIVE'
'REAL KILLER IS STILL OUT THERE'
and if you click on news it just gets worse

Also try reading the thread entitled "disgusted" thats just a picture of everyday life here.

I am not expecting Australian kids to be walking around with halos
but I know for a fact they have much more respect than here in England.

I would say don't sell your house in Queensland come back here for a holiday first then decide

Jodie
Quite scary that.

My brothers mother in-laws live next to the Griffins Head in Papplewick where the above happened. And I own a shop in Bulwell which was ram raided twice in 3 months. Does make you wonder whats next?
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:35 pm
We Have Arrived!

This is Your opinion and yours only. What you're actually doing is preaching and that is wrong in my book. I'm talking about Financial security not the well being of my family or friends. Hey your fantasy not mine. I do things on full throttle not half cooked. I've never failed in life before, I sure as hell ain't going to fail now. Like I said this thread is for meet up's and issues will be discussed between others. I'm sorry if things haven't worked out for you in Oz, I really am, but let others find there own way in life.

Mark.

Last edited by Jodie n' Mark; Nov 10th 2006 at 9:47 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 10:07 pm
We Have Arrived!

Originally Posted by Nick11
Oooh Mark, I never knew you had it in you.
I've had it in me alright. I've just managed to pull the knife out me back
The Dude's going down..............
Old Nov 10th 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Quite scary that.

My brothers mother in-laws live next to the Griffins Head in Papplewick where the above happened. And I own a shop in Bulwell which was ram raided twice in 3 months. Does make you wonder whats next?

Well I think what you said about your shop being ram-raided twice in 3 months sums Nottingham up.And what will the criminals get, in the unlikely event they're get caught, certainly not prison, coz they're full up. People forget why they move to oz, once they're there.They see Blighty as some kind of utopia!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.