Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nottingham Meet November - Newbies very welcome

Nottingham Meet November - Newbies very welcome

Old Nov 4th 2006, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nottingham Meet November - Newbies very welcome

Hi all,

Two Newbies (ish) hopefully off to Adelaide. We are from Leics but only 25mins away. Give me some addresses of these places you intend to meet.
Regards 'n' all.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 9:15 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tofster
Hi all,

Two Newbies (ish) hopefully off to Adelaide. We are from Leics but only 25mins away. Give me some addresses of these places you intend to meet.
Regards 'n' all.

Welcome to the mad house! - I hear you are already acquainted with our Nick also off to Adelaide ....

We are meeting in the Walkabout pub in the centre of Nottingham - Buffet at 7.30 so I suspect we will meet for then or thereabouts.... chance to taste Aussie beer & (dispel the myth) if you havent already !!

Walkabout is 11-15, Friar Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG1 6DA
Tel: 0115 941 0990 stick it into Yell.com and it gives you a map but if you pm me i will let you have my tel number (since you know Nick) and we can direct you from the market place in town or collect you from there if you would like???
Old Nov 4th 2006, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Welcome to the mad house! - I hear you are already acquainted with our Nick also off to Adelaide ....

We are meeting in the Walkabout pub in the centre of Nottingham - Buffet at 7.30 so I suspect we will meet for then or thereabouts.... chance to taste Aussie beer & (dispel the myth) if you havent already !!

Tel: 0115 941 0990 stick it into Yell.com and it gives you a map but if you pm me i will let you have my tel number (since you know Nick) and we can direct you from the market place in town or collect you from there if you would like???
Jodie - I said if tofster was struggling to find it - we could meet up at ikea (by the way, if you're reading this tofster, jodie lives at the back of us and we go to the meets together - our blokes do the driving!!!!!!)
Apologises to all for the swearing earlier on, we were absolutely gob smacked at getting the offer we wanted.Hope nobody was offened!
Old Nov 4th 2006, 10:13 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nick11
Jodie - I said if tofster was struggling to find it - we could meet up at ikea (by the way, if you're reading this tofster, jodie lives at the back of us and we go to the meets together - our blokes do the driving!!!!!!)
Apologises to all for the swearing earlier on, we were absolutely gob smacked at getting the offer we wanted.Hope nobody was offened!

Nick are you squiffy yet ???

Tofster ..... I am the one who gets the blame for the hangovers!!!

Ikea is the blight on our landscape but also a useful homing beacon to anyone who knows us

Off to bed now speak to you all in the am!
Old Nov 4th 2006, 11:07 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Nick - made up for you

Lou
xx

Sweet Jesus - just accepted offer on our house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bricking it!!!!!!!!!!!!In a chain of only 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Excuse french,but what the **** have we done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Off to party tonight and get very drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nick
Old Nov 4th 2006, 11:10 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Chaz is a veggie I'm afraid

Have to sort a sitter out yet, only got back from Spain last night and had 9 year olds birthday party today so haven't got round to that yet. Will confirm when asked sitter (Mum )

Lou
xx

So pleased I am not coming - can't take the blame for the hangover if I'm not there

REALLY CONGRATULATIONS I'll practice celebrating with you tonight!

Guys I have just negotiated a few deals with my mate Jim at Walkabout - (didnt know him before the phone call!)

Free wristbands for all (gets you cheap beer!-usually £1 each) He will also reduce the Tooheys for us and has said depending on numbers he might throw some Crown lager in as its the best (in his opinion!)

I have booked for 12 people so far at 7.30 and the buffet including loads of Oz style food (shrimps steak and cheese pies and Kangeroo - sorry if there are any veggies please let me know) its £8 per head a steal I tell you....

I will confirm numbers with him by 15th November so please give me a shout,

If anyone wants my mobile number incase they get lost or can't make it on the night pm me and I will send it to you.

I am excited already ....
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:31 am
We Have Arrived!

Originally Posted by Weasy

Have to sort a sitter out yet, only got back from Spain last night and had 9 year olds birthday party today so haven't got round to that yet. Will confirm when asked sitter (Mum )

Lou
xx
No worries mate I will make sure theres plenty of vegetarian options for Chaz .... Hope you had a great time in Spain whats the weather like at the mo??
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

The beer is ten times colder here
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:02 am
Look at moi!!!

Weather was lovely in Spain - bit of a shock getting back to freezing temperatures on Friday night, we've had the heating on loads to try and warm up since then

Lou
xx

No worries mate I will make sure theres plenty of vegetarian options for Chaz .... Hope you had a great time in Spain whats the weather like at the mo??
Old Nov 5th 2006, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Lou
xx
Never apologise for being a veggie!
I was one for ten years and wish I had the willpower to still do it.Hats off to Chaz.
And don't get me started about veal - it's barbaric!
Reality is now setting in - just been to our future new house (had to wipe my feet as we left it!!!)Needs new kitchen,windows and bathroom to make it even look liveable!! And its a lottery if you can manage to park on the street!!!
As soon as we get the visa,we'll be off!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might even beat you there Jodie. Just had an e-mail from Angela.She and Ashley can't get a baby sitter,but hope to make it on the next meet.
Nick
Old Nov 5th 2006, 3:22 pm
We Have Arrived!

Originally Posted by longreach
The beer is ten times colder here
Yep but does it taste as good???

Bet it tastes better served with a big chunk of sucess and large side relieve the waitings over?

Hope its going well - have you settled in yet??
Old Nov 5th 2006, 5:35 pm

electricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really nice

Yep but does it taste as good???

Bet it tastes better served with a big chunk of sucess and large side relieve the waitings over?

Hope its going well - have you settled in yet??

See the Barbie forum for the new thread dedicated to Salsa!!!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 3:06 pm
Look at moi!!!

We've got a sitter so are a definite now - yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou
xx
Old Nov 7th 2006, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

We've got a sitter so are a definite now - yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou
xx
Welcome to the rollercoaster ride of housing buying. Our buyer's buyer has dropped out already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They still want the house and are now putting it up for sale with our estate agent - in a way I'm quite relieved - it means we won't have to live in the MIL house OF HORRORS!!!!!
What is meant to be is meant to be!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:17 am
Look at moi!!!

Never bloody easy is it though???

Glad we've got that bit out the way...

Lou
xx

Welcome to the rollercoaster ride of housing buying. Our buyer's buyer has dropped out already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They still want the house and are now putting it up for sale with our estate agent - in a way I'm quite relieved - it means we won't have to live in the MIL house OF HORRORS!!!!!
What is meant to be is meant to be!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.