Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Northwest Meet ??

Wikiposts

Northwest Meet ??

Old Feb 27th 2005, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Default Re: Northwest Meet ??

We are going on a rekkie to Brisbane in July to validate and hoping to make the big move early next year.

Look forward to meeting everyone and already learning lots reading through the threads on here.

Louise

Sue - Not sure how to do the avatar thingy, but will update my info.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to Brisbane on 1st July, we'll have to join the Brisbane Girls Drinking Club!!

For Avatars go to Google, click on the images link and typein avatars in the search box. You have to choose quite a small size of image.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by vikk
Are you fishing for more Perth recruits with that question Dave? Go on, change your minds again & come to the East coast.
Hiya Vicky,
How ya doin.I was curious i did,nt mean to sound desperate honest
Why don't you consider Perth i,ve heard teachers earn triple what they earn on the east coast and they throw in a free house by the beach.Not that i,m trying to get more recruits again
You could be right about us changing our minds a little it,s happened after every meet.

glad your going dave
Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:25 pm
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

So NW Meet No 4 is at the Salt Cellar pub off the M6 at Middlewich on Saturday 26th March approx 5.30pm.

Ok Peeps

I'll keep the list rolling and updated ...of who is attending the meet on the above proposed date ..
Please check your name is on the list ... as we need to have an idea of numbers, so we can inform the landlord of the pub a big group will turning up.

1.IF your name isn't on the list and you would like to turn up to a great evening, say the word and i will update the list with your name added.

2.IF your name is on the list and you cannot make it ..PLEASE let me know and i will remove you from the list.

1.Rich & Ang
2.Craig & Corinne
3.Sue ( from M/C )
4.Sunshine girl
5.Mary & Stuart (TBC)
6.Dave (chippy)
7.Jonni boy
8.Gaz & Rach
9.Owleywoodcat
10.Purple swatch
11.Lacey 21
12.Wallabywannabies
13.DIMO8
14.Louise
15.Vikk

* Don't worry if you only see one name on the list... as it WILL also include your ( wife / husband / partners / children etc.) There will be no restrictions apart from a good behaviour request !!! and that's not aimed at the children ... more like the ADULTS only joking..

Please... feel welcome to come along if you haven't been to a meet before, it's a really good evening and a great chance to talk openly, to people who are going through or have completed a similar experience like yourself, share the learnings and pick some brains....over a drink or two.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Why don't you consider Perth i,ve heard teachers earn triple what they earn on the east coast and they throw in a free house by the beach.Not that i,m trying to get more recruits again
Oh, How I wish!! You'll be telling me they only have 4 kids per class next.....Have you ever thought about quitting the chippying & going into recruitment. Hi to S
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Dave, Tracy & Emily is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by vikk
Hi all, Count me in for the 26th. Can't wait to see you all again feels like ages. I'll text Tracy (Dave, Tracy & Emily) & see if they're coming too but they may have gone back by then. Are you fishing for more Perth recruits with that question Dave? Go on, change your minds again & come to the East coast.
Hi guys

I have put the date in our diary to come along, but are trying to cram in as much as we can before we return home, so we will let you know nearer the time. Dave hasn't heard anything about the job yet......but we have rented our house out on a six month lease, so that's one piece of god news.

Tracy
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:55 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Angie,

If it,s the one about 3 weeks ago no we did,nt see it.I heard it was fantastic.

Please tell me you taped it and you,ll be top of my Xmas card list

dave
Hi Dave

No sorry by the time I had got things sorted it had finished.
I was ironing at the time and shouted Rich to have a look but he was busy painting our bedroom walls.
From what I did see though Perth looks lovely.
Im sure it will be on again.

Have you any news from DIMIA yet?
Ang
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Dave

No sorry by the time I had got things sorted it had finished.
I was ironing at the time and shouted Rich to have a look but he was busy painting our bedroom walls.
From what I did see though Perth looks lovely.
Im sure it will be on again.

Have you any news from DIMIA yet?
Ang

Hiya Ang,

Not to worry we,ll be seeing it again for ourselves in a few months

Thats great news on the job front for rich when do you hope to get the visa and when do you hope to move?

We hav,nt heard a thing from DIMIA it,s well over 10 months now from acknowledgement.Our agent has said it should be any day though for med requests.I,m notbothered in the slightest as we,re nowhere nearer selling the house so there,s no rush.

Looking forward to seeing you both at the meet again dave.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Hiya Ang,

We hav,nt heard a thing from DIMIA it,s well over 10 months now from acknowledgement. dave.
Dave
10 months...yikes I didn't realise it was that long. We sent ours in Jan and hoping to hear any day. Friends of ours heard in 8 weeks wehn they submitted in Oct 04. Why is yours so long (oooh er missus)?

Richard
PS Would love to be at the meeting but not sure yet whether we can make it.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Just heard from Mary in australia at the mo. She hopes to be there so long as United aren't playing
Old Mar 1st 2005, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RAG62
Dave
10 months...yikes I didn't realise it was that long. We sent ours in Jan and hoping to hear any day. Friends of ours heard in 8 weeks wehn they submitted in Oct 04. Why is yours so long (oooh er missus)?

Richard
PS Would love to be at the meeting but not sure yet whether we can make it.

Hiya Richard,

How are you?If you,ve seen threads that bang on about pre-July applications well we are one of them.We are on the old way of doing things and if your on say a 136 skilled visa the wait is ages.So if your just a humble joiner and you applied before July 04 you,ve got a long wait

I,m not bothered in the slightest i,ve always had it in my head we were going about mid 05 anyway.

Hope you can make the meet dave
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Hiya Richard,

How are you?If you,ve seen threads that bang on about pre-July applications well we are one of them.We are on the old way of doing things and if your on say a 136 skilled visa the wait is ages.So if your just a humble joiner and you applied before July 04 you,ve got a long wait
I,m not bothered in the slightest i,ve always had it in my head we were going about mid 05 anyway.
Hope you can make the meet dave
Not so bad - just in the old waiting game but am flying out end of this month for a reccie so looking forward to that. Forgot you were in pre July queue - what a ball ache. You should have a word with your case officer and see if s/he wants any foreigners doing at home in return for a quicker process. Is bribery allowed?
Rich
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Sherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by C.Owen
Craig
Keep the arrangements as they are and for the moment if you could keep numbers and then I will PM you when we get back on the 21st March just to see where we are, is that ok.

So NW Meet No 4 is at the Salt Cellar pub off the M6 at Middlewich on Saturday 26th March approx 5.30pm.

Ok Peeps

I'll keep the list rolling and updated ...of who is attending the meet on the above proposed date ..
Please check your name is on the list ... as we need to have an idea of numbers, so we can inform the landlord of the pub a big group will turning up.

1.IF your name isn't on the list and you would like to turn up to a great evening, say the word and i will update the list with your name added.

2.IF your name is on the list and you cannot make it ..PLEASE let me know and i will remove you from the list.

1.Rich & Ang
2.Craig & Corinne
3.Sue ( from M/C )
4.Sunshine girl
5.Mary & Stuart (TBC)
6.Dave (chippy)
7.Jonni boy
8.Gaz & Rach
9.Owleywoodcat
10.Purple swatch
11.Lacey 21

Please... feel welcome to come along if you haven't been to a meet before, it's a really good evening and a great chance to talk openly, to people who are going through or have completed a similar experience as yourself, share the learnings and pick some brains....over a drink or two
Hi,
we would like to come as a lot of our local BExp friends have already flown the nest or are about to!
Hubbie Peter is a builder, and we not sure where we will end up-we love perth and the east coast so meeting you all might help us decide!

Are there many kids coming? Ours are 15, 11 and 9 but they will probably stay at home.

Looking forward to a great time,

Sherie.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Are there many kids coming? Ours are 15, 11 and 9 but they will probably stay at home.

Looking forward to a great time,

Sherie.[/QUOTE]

My 2 should be coming (aged 12 and 18).
Sue
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:40 pm
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok Peeps

1.Rich & Ang
2.Craig & Corinne
3.Sue ( from M/C )
4.Sunshine girl
5.Mary & Stuart (TBC)
6.Dave (chippy)
7.Jonni boy
8.Gaz & Rach
9.Owleywoodcat
10.Purple swatch
11.Lacey 21
12.Wallabywannabies
13.DIMO8
14.Louise
15.Vikk
16.Sherie

* Don't worry if you only see one name on the list... as it WILL also include your ( wife / husband / partners / children etc.) There will be no restrictions apart from a good behaviour request !!! and that's not aimed at the children :scared: ... more like the ADULTS only joking..

Please... feel welcome to come along if you haven't been to a meet before, it's a really good evening and a great chance to talk openly, to people who are going through or have completed a similar experience like yourself, share the learnings and pick some brains....over a drink or two.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:45 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C.Owen

Ok Peeps

1.Rich & Ang
2.Craig & Corinne
3.Sue ( from M/C )
4.Sunshine girl
5.Mary & Stuart (TBC)
6.Dave (chippy)
7.Jonni boy
8.Gaz & Rach
9.Owleywoodcat
10.Purple swatch
11.Lacey 21
12.Wallabywannabies
13.DIMO8
14.Louise
15.Vikk
16.Sherie

* Don't worry if you only see one name on the list... as it WILL also include your ( wife / husband / partners / children etc.) There will be no restrictions apart from a good behaviour request !!! and that's not aimed at the children :scared: ... more like the ADULTS only joking..

Really looking forward to meeting you guys. One question though......how will we know who you are if we havent met you before.....please dont say you will all be wearing OZZY hats...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.