Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Northwest Meet ??

Wikiposts

Northwest Meet ??

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:16 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Northwest Meet ??

Well hello everyone!!!

I'm here not gone anywhere. I have been posting and stuff but not too much as we are tryin to get the house sorted to put it on the market.

Rich got the job as RN in the acute respiratory ward at Greenslopes hospital, Brisbane. Hip hip hooray!!

With regards to the NW meet no 4 we were thinking of getting together when Mary comes back but also we fly to Cyprus on the 6th March and get back on the 20th. (Holiday planned before all this Oz stuff) Mary gets back on the day we fly out. Mary and Stu came to see us the week before my birthday so it would be the 12th Feb and a meet was mentioned but we didn't set any dates as we were chatting and drinking (you know what we're like).

Rich my hubby missed the last one too cos he was all flued up.
To be honest Im not sure that mary and Stu will be able to make the next one anyway as they have so much planned before they finally leave. Lucky ones are jetting all over the place.

We can make the 26th March what about the pub The Salt Cellar at 5.30pm.???

Its a stab in the dark but at least you folks wont think Ive forgotten about you.

Dave.... did you see the excellent programme on BBC about Perth - Brill.

Craig... dont worry about stepping on my toes its ok if you want to take over some of the arrangements. I dont mind.

Speak to you all soon
Luv Ang, Rich & girls

p.s. Dont forget Vicky from Bebb... Ill text her cos her puter is sometimes a bit crap
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Default Re: Northwest Meet ??

Beware at the meet though those east coasters have a habit of making you have doubts about the west coast

dave[/QUOTE]
Hey Dave, we're just enthusiastic!

bump!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:19 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=C.Owen]Well it's been a few months since the last meet, which was a really great evening ....

BTW Craig the last meet was only 7 weeks ago... 2nd Jan
hadn't forgot ...promise...
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Northwest Meet ??

Hey have you got room for a small one in Oldham.
Trying to get out of Oldham.
Give us a clue and I will be there if I can
cheers
Lace
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Northwest Meet ??

Hi,
just read your post, wheres the salt cellar? Please?
Is it miles away!
Cheers
Lace
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:12 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hi,
just read your post, wheres the salt cellar? Please?
Is it miles away!
Cheers
Lace
It's just off the M6 outside Middlewich. You'd go do down the M60 from Oldham, off at Wythenshawe on to the M56, then off at Knutsford on to the M6 and down to Middlewich.

Very easy to get to.

PM me if you need directions.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:03 pm
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

We can make the 26th March what about the pub The Salt Cellar at 5.30pm

Craig... dont worry about stepping on my toes its ok if you want to take over some of the arrangements. I dont mind.

[/QUOTE]

Ang

Great news about Rich getting his job ...

I'll vote you for as the organiser but i'll certainly help you with any arrangements if you like ... and keep bumping the thread as we confirm the date, also keep tabs on definate numbers attending.

As for the date and venue ...suits me fine, i don't know if you saw the offer by jonniboy near the top of the thread, with the possibility to host it at his house ??? i told him we'd wait until yourself and Mary saw the thread.. if you think the pub might be better, then we can go for that .. i guess it depends on numbers too ?? if it's a big turnout, there might be too many for a house meet.

It's a pity Mary and Stuart sound like they won't make it, it would have been good to see them before they jet off, maybe we can meet up with them once we are all out there hey ?

Do you want to put date of 26th March forward ...with any others as alternatives or just go with one date hoping most people can make it or work around it ?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:07 am
Cleveland, Bayside

We could arrange it for March 26th but I would prefer to wait till I hear from Mary. It was just that that is the first Saturday we have free.

I am not saying that Mary and Stu wont be there, they might but they do have some plansto do stuff before they finally jet off.

Craig
Keep the arrangements as they are and for the moment if you could keep numbers and then I will PM you when we get back on the 21st March just to see where we are, is that ok.

So NW Meet No 4 is at the Salt Cellar pub off the M6 at Middlewich on Saturday 26th March approx 5.30pm.

Let us know if you are attending and if any of you want directions.

See you soon
Ang
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

owleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud of

Hi all,

we're new to all this, but planning to go to Townsville QLD in April. It would be great to meet up with some of you and we're not far from Middlewich so the date and place would be fine, but happy to fit in with other plans.

In an ideal world we would prefer to go to the west coast, after a fantastic trip there last year, but a job came up on the east, so that's where we're off to!

Cheers,
Cat
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Talking Re: Northwest Meet ??

Hi ang,
I will be there with my sister in law. You will be there though wont you? Don't want to look like billy no mates when we get there.
lol
Cheers lace
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

purple swatch will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
We could arrange it for March 26th but I would prefer to wait till I hear from Mary. It was just that that is the first Saturday we have free.

I am not saying that Mary and Stu wont be there, they might but they do have some plansto do stuff before they finally jet off.

Craig
Keep the arrangements as they are and for the moment if you could keep numbers and then I will PM you when we get back on the 21st March just to see where we are, is that ok.

So NW Meet No 4 is at the Salt Cellar pub off the M6 at Middlewich on Saturday 26th March approx 5.30pm.

Let us know if you are attending and if any of you want directions.

See you soon
Ang
Hi all,
will request to work early(sat =time and half!!),does the pub allow children?
have a nearly 4 yr old who will have to come with us.look forward to meeting everyone.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 7:39 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by purple swatch
Hi all,
will request to work early(sat =time and half!!),does the pub allow children?
have a nearly 4 yr old who will have to come with us.look forward to meeting everyone.
Yes, it's a family type pub.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:09 pm
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

Craig

Ok Peeps

I'll keep the list rolling and updated ...of who is attending the meet on the above proposed date ..
Please check your name is on the list ... as we need to have an idea of numbers, so we can inform the landlord of the pub a big group will turning up.

1.IF your name isn't on the list and you would like to turn up to a great evening, say the word and i will update the list with your name added.

2.IF your name is on the list and you cannot make it ..PLEASE let me know and i will remove you from the list.

1.Rich & Ang
2.Craig & Corinne
3.Sue ( from M/C )
4.Sunshine girl
5.Mary & Stuart (TBC)
6.Dave (chippy)
7.Jonni boy
8.Gaz & Rach
9.Owleywoodcat
10.Purple swatch
11.Lacey 21

Please... feel welcome to come along if you haven't been to a meet before, it's a really good evening and a great chance to talk openly, to people who are going through or have completed a similar experience as yourself, share the learnings and pick some brains....over a drink or two

Last edited by C.Owen; Feb 23rd 2005 at 8:11 pm. Reason: typo error
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Can't wait see you there,
lace
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:17 pm
Confused member

Originally Posted by C.Owen
4.Sunshine girl
and hubby!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.