Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Northwest Meet ??

Northwest Meet ??

Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:52 am
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Northwest Meet ??

Well it's been a few months since the last meet, which was a really great evening ....

Just wondering if has anybody thought about dates for the next one ????? as it usually takes a month or so to organise venue and timing's etc.

I have kept a clear diary ...so can fit around most dates, and i don't mind helping organise an event.

( unfortunately i couldn't host it at home ...due to size of house, it's not the largest for social gatherings ) and ......i have a potential buyer so i'm hoping to be homeless by the time of the meet :scared: ( fingers crossed )

So ( All in the region ) lets have your thoughts for venue and possible available dates for people.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:54 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Northwest Meet ??

We've enjoyed the last couple of meets so would be up for another one.

Where would people be coming from? We're from Stockport.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:56 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

What about over Easter weekend?
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:19 am
Now..just your usual Pom

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
What about over Easter weekend?
Easter weekend could be an option...

Isn't Easter quite early this year .. has anybody got the dates ?

I'm in Whitefield / Manchester... but don't mind travel to any prefered venue, lets see where people are based and what suggestions come forward.

Hopefully we'll get a good response.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Last I heard we're waiting for Mary to come back from holiday in Brisbane. She flew out 19 Feb. Easter weekend is 25 March - 28 March. Anybody heard from Ange?

Sue
Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:47 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

if your stuck for a place to hold it let me know.christines at work at the moment but i am sure if i work my charm you could hold it at ours and it's only 5 mins from the last one
best wishes jonni boy
Old Feb 21st 2005, 5:06 pm
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road

We've not managed to make it to one yet but would definately try to make the next one. We're from Failsworth/Manchester but have transport so don't mind where it is.

Rach
Old Feb 21st 2005, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

We'll be up for the next meet where and whenever.Once Angie see's the thread she may be able to shed some light on when the next one was planned for, like Sue i think it had something to do with Mary's holiday.
I hope someone who's going to Perth comes along Sammy and I are the only ones normally and we feel a bit left out with all you east coast dreamers

You tell us how great the east coast is and we go away with our heads spinning wondering which coast would be best for us (again)

dave
Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Willow is an unknown quantity at this point

well it looks like i will miss this one as i fly out in 3 weeks cant wait wanted to come to the last one but had a death in family so couldnt make it so i miss yet a nother but i will be with FMR so im happy

all the best on the meet willow (caz)
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:59 am
Now..just your usual Pom

Originally Posted by chippy dave
We'll be up for the next meet where and whenever.Once Angie see's the thread she may be able to shed some light on when the next one was planned for, like Sue i think it had something to do with Mary's holiday.
I hope someone who's going to Perth comes along Sammy and I are the only ones normally and we feel a bit left out with all you east coast dreamers

You tell us how great the east coast is and we go away with our heads spinning wondering which coast would be best for us (again)

dave

Well it's a good response so far ....

Of course we will wait until Mary returns before fixing anything for definate, as she was very kind in hosting the last one ( with Stuart of course, don't want to leave him out ... he did a grand job).

Hopefully Ange will pick the thread up and give it some bumping, i know she was heavily involved sorting the last one, and i don't want to step on her toes or anybody's for that matter, i just thought it was about time we sparked off the interest ... in preperation !!! as it does usually take a good few weeks to check avail dates with everybody.I don't mind helping sort anything tho.

Dave
We promise not to brainwash you about the Eastcoast this time and send you home with a mashed brain...

Jonniboy
It's very good of you offering to host the meet, lets see what Ange and Mary might have planned once they pick the thread up.

Sue
Do you know if Ange and Mary had any plans in place or dates pencilled in ?

Willow
It's a shame about the timing and missing the meet, i'm sure you will be focused on other things in preperation for your trip... have a safe journey .

Lets give the thread a bump now and then so we don't lose it in the archives... and try to keep the attention of the locals.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

I can't remember for defo but March was mentioned. It will be great to see Mary and Stuart's photos. I've asked her to bring estate agents brochures, local newspapers etc.
Sue
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:47 am
Confused member

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Don't worry Dave! You'll not be alone. We've decided it's Perth for us, not Brisbane.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

purple swatch will become famous soon enough

hi there guys,would be interested too,as missed all the others,i'm a nurse working shifts and off duty is done 2-3 wks in advance, so the more notice the better for us.(on the penine border)
many thanx debs,andy and blaine
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Hi
We were unable to come to the last meet but would like to meet all again. Just let us know a date though most w/ends getting booked up already. Before Easter would be best as I will be in Brisbane over the Easter hols.

Gill & Rich
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Don't worry Dave! You'll not be alone. We've decided it's Perth for us, not Brisbane.

Thats come as a bit of a shock i thought you was set on Brissy due to work reasons.Whats the reason for the change of mind?

Beware at the meet though those east coasters have a habit of making you have doubts about the west coast

dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.