Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nice area with 30 mins of CBD of melbourne

Nice area with 30 mins of CBD of melbourne

Old May 24th 2009, 12:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice area with 30 mins of CBD of melbourne

Originally Posted by Margaret3

for example looked at this property recently

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1243169148
Looks tidy but what in the name of god is that thing on the roof? If that's the air con, it's huge
Old May 24th 2009, 12:56 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
Ah, the classic wish list !
Mod 3 bed, walking distance to beach and 30 mins from CBD but want to pay less than $600 a week.......

As Darryl Kerrigan would say....."Tell him he's DREAMING !"
harsh, but i have to agree
Old May 24th 2009, 12:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Looks tidy but what in the name of god is that thing on the roof? If that's the air con, it's huge
lol, i know, and there was about a million people viewing it, believe me its a good deal in melbourne, we wont bid on it, leaving things till after xmas, but if i get summit like that for that price in that location i will be appy as a pig in shit. When viewing i felt quite sad, you could almost feel the poor old dead person there
Old May 24th 2009, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Try Hampton East, Brighton East, Cheltenham, Highett for near beachside and prices a little lower - train to CBD about 25 to 35 mins - good sites to start on are www.domain.com.au and www.realestate.com.au

Quite a few properties for rent at the moment as people are renting out rather than selling.

Last edited by Hebe; May 24th 2009 at 1:01 am.
Old May 24th 2009, 1:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

lol, i know, and there was about a million people viewing it, believe me its a good deal in melbourne, we wont bid on it, leaving things till after xmas, but if i get summit like that for that price in that location i will be appy as a pig in shit. When viewing i felt quite sad, you could almost feel the poor old dead person there
I hate it when they say deceased estate or divorce forces sale. Leaves a nasty taste in the mouth
Old May 24th 2009, 1:05 am
Account Closed

I hate it when they say deceased estate or divorce forces sale. Leaves a nasty taste in the mouth

yeah, yea , so do i, but was wondering if they could throw the fantastic 'tallbboy drawers', in the sale, now come on MP you gotta be practical, lol
Old May 24th 2009, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

I have owned about 8 properties in the UK and everyone was a deceased estate - they can be one of the best ways to make money on property, particularly if you can do a lot of the work yourself.
Old May 24th 2009, 1:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

yeah, yea , so do i, but was wondering if they could throw the fantastic 'tallbboy drawers', in the sale
Throw them somewhere, along with that chaise and the bed with the drawers stuck on the side.
Old May 24th 2009, 1:10 am
Account Closed

Throw them somewhere, along with that chaise and the bed with the drawers stuck on the side.
pmsl, i loved the drawers eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk am turning into my mother
Old May 24th 2009, 1:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

pmsl, i loved the drawers eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk am turning into my mother
As long as I don't turn into mine, I'll be happy
Old May 24th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Why not try the other way Ascot Vale, Pascoe Vale, Moonee Ponds, Northcote, Cllifton Hill or Rosanna, Bulleen, Ivanhoe. Ascot Vale is close to the city and close to the major hospitals, Childrens, Royal Melbourne, St Vincents, Freemasons, Eye and Ear.

Rosanna way its close to the Austin Hospital.

Hospitals on the other side which have been mentioned are The Alfred which is close to the CBD, Monash Medical Centre much further out Dandenong Hospital, Frankston Hospital, Berwick Hospital these are the public hospitals.
Old May 24th 2009, 11:32 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Petals;7600527]Why not try the other way Ascot Vale, Pascoe Vale, Moonee Ponds, Northcote, Cllifton Hill or Rosanna, Bulleen, Ivanhoe. Ascot Vale is close to the city and close to the major hospitals, Childrens, Royal Melbourne, St Vincents, Freemasons, Eye and Ear.

Rosanna way its close to the Austin Hospital.

yep all good areas and also near watsonia, i work at austin and think its an excellent hosp

I love ivanhoe, but house prices ouwith my range
Old May 24th 2009, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

yep all good areas and also near watsonia, i work at austin and think its an excellent hosp

I love ivanhoe, but house prices ouwith my range
We live just up from the Austin hospital (been there with my son a few times!!)
All good areas that you've mentioned. Watsonia is very good value for money still. Come over for a cuppa if you're in the area
Old May 24th 2009, 11:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pootle
We live just up from the Austin hospital (been there with my son a few times!!)
All good areas that you've mentioned. Watsonia is very good value for money still. Come over for a cuppa if you're in the area

awwwwwww thanx will do, am there most sats viewing some house or other, itching to buy, but hanging off till teen finishes school here
Old May 24th 2009, 1:35 pm
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

How about West side? Williamstown, Newport, Altona Beach are all on train lines (30 / 40 minutes to the city), all near beaches & sea. Rent isn't too much and you'll get a reasonable place with room to store your bikes.
Williamstown is the least hoony, and most expensive, but also by far the nicest. Older style houses in the centre of Willie, but lots of restaurants, pubs, supposedly decent schools etc.

Some modern houses on the new development in North Williamstown. 3 beds for less than $500:
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1243214872
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1243214872

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.