New Car Deals?

Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

australiamaybe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Car Deals?

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
We have no intention of buying initially anyway.

Trying to predict with any accuracy what will happen with the economy either here or in Australia would seem to me to be nigh on impossible at the moment. I just refuse to put our plans on hold any longer, lifes too short and doesn't necessarily have to be a money making venture

I hope everything works out for you
Contrary it is quite obviously going down. No need to make it money making but then again no point in making it money losing.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:34 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

[QUOTE=sammyg;7373243 We were going to use A1 but thought it was a bit suss. you have to pay a non refundable deposit and THEN they start the reverse auction. [/QUOTE]

Well it's an auction how is the deposit going to be paid otherwise?

Like any auction you set a reserve i.e. the maximum price you will pay in this case. The only problem with payent we incurred was transfering the money as there is a daily limit set by banks to 3rd party accounts (not yourself).

Because of the deals going on at the time we actually purchased the car in July but didn't take delivery until mid September. The dealer stored it for us as was requested in the spec.

If using an auction to buy a car then make sure you specify everything you require in the specification beforehand.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:51 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
we're looking at a big people carrier but it wouldn't be ideal for camping trips esp as we're hoping to get a trailer tent at some point so we need the towing capacity.

I agree probably not a necessity for us either but we have used our 4x4 here quite a bit off road and we're hoping there will be more opportunity to do so over there.
Like these?

http://www.offthebeatentrack.com.au/

http://www.outbackcampers.com.au/index.htm

Car volumes have dropped over 30% in last few months so even bigger discounts coming. Have my eyes on the new 200 to sit next to our existing Prado. During the sales first work out what model and extras you want. Then email around 10 surrounding dealers and start the haggling.
We started at $105k (list price with extras) and got down to $65k
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Just like those

Exactly what we intend to do, if things there are anything like here then there are huge discounts to be had esp for the higher end motors

Lindsay x

Last edited by desperatehousewife; Mar 14th 2009 at 3:06 am. Reason: grammer
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

No Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really nice

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Hi Linsay, Ask AI Car Brokers. We bought our X-Trail through them and got a very good deal as they knew what all the current promotion were and when they would be finishing. We had intended getting a 2007 model but ended up with the 2008 model $4,000 less on the road. This was last year.

It is done by reverse auction - A1 specify the make and model plus any extras and the dealers bid for the order. We paid for the car before we arrived and picked it up at the dealers straight from the airport, then drove on to Hervey Bay.

A1 were brillient and were in contact with us the whole time. I believe they can also arrange for second hand vehicles to be bought & sold.

Do you have a web link for AI Car Brokers?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by No Dramas
www.carbroker.com.au
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

No Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really nice

Originally Posted by slipshot
Cheers, I will take a look. I am arriving in September and looking for a deal on a Toyota Kluger.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:43 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Toyota Prados are a cheaper 4x4 8 seater alternative to a LandCruiser. I believe they start at around $50k, might be cheaper in these times. Mitsubishi are running some very aggressive deals right now and their Pajero seems to be an Aussie favourite plus have 5 year warranty.

We bought a Toyota Tarago (Previa in UK) about 18 months ago. The retail was $56k but we managed to get the dealer down to $48k, then we put the trade-in on top of that. I followed a bit of advice a mate of mine gave me. He was ex-car salesman and said I should send an email to all the Toyota dealerships in the region with the model and extras of the vehicle you wanted (colour, options etc) so the dealers know exactly what you want and told me not to provide any contact details other than my email address so I wouldn't get hounded on the phone day and night. I set them a week deadline in the email saying that the cheapest deal would get my business, guaranteed.
They were litterally fighting to get my business and I kept playing them off each other. Once we agreed on the price of the vehicle, only then did I tell them that we had a trade-in, to avoid them ripping me off and making up what they lost on the new car on the trade-in. I ended up getting $9k on a car that redbook.com.au reckoned I would only get $7.5k for.

I know we got a really good deal because I originally went through some brokers, who claimed that they didn't make any money on the actual vehicles and only took a flat fee $500 commission from me once the sale went through. The best price they were able to get me was $52k, a whole $4k more than going myself through the dealerships. When I told them this suddenly they said they could match it, funny that! I didn't trust them anymore so I ended up doing it myself through the dealership.

In these difficult times for dealerships I reckon you could easily do much better than I did
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:47 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by No Dramas
They were the brokers I am referring to in the above post. Don't use them, you will do better without them and they will lie about not taking a cut of the vehicle price
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 7:46 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
They were the brokers I am referring to in the above post. Don't use them, you will do better without them and they will lie about not taking a cut of the vehicle price
I'd be more than careful about stating that in a public forum. Australia has some of the harshest defamation laws in the Western world. FWIW I used them and they beat every dealer easily...