New Car Deals?

Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light
Default New Car Deals?

We'll be looking to buy a couple of new cars when we arrive, at least one would have to be a 7/8 seater 4x4 (for camping trips), at the moment we're thinking a landcruiser as our main car and a smaller saloon type for our second.

The thing is over here at the moment there are great deals on new cars, I've even heard of buy one get one free, which would seem ideal for us! Anyway I was wondering what kind of deals any of you guys had seen or any websites you would recommend to have a look at?

Lindsay x
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: New Car Deals?

Not really worth doing much about it until you are here but Toyota`s are superb cars. With that amount of money to spend you will not have a problem anyway, Landcruiser`s dont come cheap. If you are going to buy new be prepared to drive a hard bargain and try to dealerships selling the same cars and play them off against each other, I saved $5k on a new Hilux doing that.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that, I take it theres no shortage of Toyota dealerships on the gold coast?

Lindsay x
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

There are plenty of them dotted around and lots of bargains to be had, specially something a few months old.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

You are almost expected to make an offer on pretty much anything over here and quite often save a few dollars or a lot of dollars just for asking. Once you get over the embarrassment of asking for discount everytime you buy something.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

We're scottish! Not much of an issue for us asking for a discount!

Lindsay x
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:32 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

If you buy out of area you can negotiate more. I got the dealer down 9k on a Hilux sr 4x4 dual cab. Check out http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/

Remember when you buy a car you need to add stamp duty and rego on top. adds up to be quite a bit

I used that site as my guide price for an on road cost - so if they had a car at 20k plus on road I considered I wanted a dealer to give me the same deal but on road (so 20k with no additional charges).

I didn't find it hugely difficult to get to that - dealers see out of area customers as additional to their target audience and therefore more worthy of capturing.

I didnt actually buy the car though, I am still planning to but other priorities came up work wise.

Vivienne
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
We're scottish! Not much of an issue for us asking for a discount!

Lindsay x
you will fit in out here for sure....!!!!!!..plus they like a drink here too....good luck
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
We'll be looking to buy a couple of new cars when we arrive, at least one would have to be a 7/8 seater 4x4 (for camping trips), at the moment we're thinking a landcruiser as our main car and a smaller saloon type for our second.

The thing is over here at the moment there are great deals on new cars, I've even heard of buy one get one free, which would seem ideal for us! Anyway I was wondering what kind of deals any of you guys had seen or any websites you would recommend to have a look at?

Lindsay x
I hope you have got lots of money; a new Landcruiser [not Prado] STARTS at $74K + stamp/rego/delivery and before you discount. They are stunningly good vehicles but you are paying for it.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:05 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
I hope you have got lots of money; a new Landcruiser [not Prado] STARTS at $74K + stamp/rego/delivery and before you discount. They are stunningly good vehicles but you are paying for it.
They are also completely unnecessary for most people.

A big percentage never leave the tarmac.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by viviennef
If you buy out of area you can negotiate more. I got the dealer down 9k on a Hilux sr 4x4 dual cab. Check out http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/

Remember when you buy a car you need to add stamp duty and rego on top. adds up to be quite a bit

Vivienne
Thanks Vivienne I'll have a look at that site

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
you will fit in out here for sure....!!!!!!..plus they like a drink here too....good luck

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
We've got a 4x4 here and I love it, I was thinking the landcruiser would be comparable to what we have here, either that or we're looking at a big people carrier but it wouldn't be ideal for camping trips esp as we're hoping to get a trailer tent at some point so we need the towing capacity. When you work out the cost of my lot taking hotel/apartment holidays against a nice 4x4 and camping holidays it starts to seem less like the expensive option!

Originally Posted by Grayling
They are also completely unnecessary for most people.

A big percentage never leave the tarmac.
I agree probably not a necessity for us either but we have used our 4x4 here quite a bit off road and we're hoping there will be more opportunity to do so over there.

Lindsay x

Last edited by desperatehousewife; Mar 11th 2009 at 1:28 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Kingsly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
we are the beer drinking champions of the world at the moment :P so we will give you a run for your money.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Hi Lindsay,

I just wanted to say that your house looks really cool. I'd love a house like that one day!! We're trying to emigrate too though, sorry can't buy it.

Also, I've been off-roading in Oz. There are some brilliant places to visit which you couldn't do without one (yeah you don't need one all the time and we probably won't have one, but hey). We went to an old mining town way out past the blue mountains, it took us hours to get there, we got a puncture on the way back, a couple of beers smashed in the back the ride was so bumpy and having put on a wrong sized wheel apparently my cousin-in-law had a broken diff. Nevermind, all fixed now.

Good luck, when are you off.
Shirley.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Shirley, we're off in June, 13 weeks tomorrow!

What about you when are you aiming for?

Lindsay x
Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

We're hoping to get our visa in June. We need to put our house on the market yet, so hoping to be there September/October - but definitely before Christmas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.