Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Butler Tavern Named "St George"

New Butler Tavern Named "St George"

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

smellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nice
Default Re: New Butler Tavern Named "St George"

Whats the tavern called anyway? I thought it was cornerstone as well. Bet all you lot slagging off butler are right up for a nosey when its built - why does it concern you so if you wouldn't come near the place? I couldn't care less about a tavern in a suburb nowhere near where i live. I' m off to locate a reebok shellsuit & give you all the fingers as you drive past in your ute with boardies and bare feet. Must live up to our stereotypes
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 5:04 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue1964
God I hate it up there!
I am English but came here to get away from that culture and came for a new life.
not carry on from when I left school.I can see it now all lads in soccer tops fights Fri n SAt nights.
Lovely attitude.............I came to Australia to get away from people like you who believe that they are far more superior than the rest of the population basing your opinions on where you live, what you own, what you drive, where your kids go to school etc.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Lovely attitude.............I came to Australia to get away from people like you who believe that they are far more superior than the rest of the population basing your opinions on where you live, what you own, what you drive, where your kids go to school etc.

Well said Sme The fact that people with her attitude stay well away from Butler makes it even a nicer place to live !!!

Nicky
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woody1974
don't come on here much just because of this, my area is better than yours crap and also what makes where you live so special and prefect go get a tatoo of the southern cross for god sake and spark ur barbie up .
I think people have an issue with the demographic and the ensuing culture rather than the fact they have issues with 'English' per se!)

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Speaking personally.. yes.
Me too. There is an increasing inflow - there must be - but we don't meet many!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I think people have an issue with the demographic and the ensuing culture rather than the fact they have issues with 'English' per se!)
I think you live in Melbourne??? Which is rather a long way from Butler!

In general, the people who like to slag off a suburb do not live there and don't have any experience of 'the ensuing culture' in the suburb.

(a) I have not seen any newspaper article of British yob culture causing problems in Butler. (b) And as two other people have already pointed out, Butler has a lower percentage of British born people than other suburbs. (c) And contrary to what the OP wrote, the new tavern in Butler will not have a British "theme". It's simply a case that the suburb is now large enough to support a tavern, enough locals want one and the council has agreed to it.

If you look at the majority of the OP's posts: he never lets a few facts get into the way of posting something nasty.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:10 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sme
thinks you hit the nail right on the head there lol don't go for all this slagging off areas in perth, some of the points may be right but i pretty sure there was a crime pre english and butler,

hope it doesn't turn out to be a pint and a punch up place as it is in walking distance from my house lol.

at present though it doesn't look the biggest and i think the people who own the clarkson whale and ale are invloved somewhere down the line

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Why bother emergrating if wanting to live in a mini England!

Is emergrating something you do with cheese ?

Y'know, like with emernthal ?

Last edited by elmtree; Jun 22nd 2009 at 10:42 am. Reason: .
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:42 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Go get 'em sme. Butler wouldn't want them with that kind of attitude anyway.
Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Well said Sme The fact that people with her attitude stay well away from Butler makes it even a nicer place to live !!!

Nicky
Couldn't agree more, Nicky.
From what we've seen in the hundred or so times we've been to Butler over the past 2 years it's a very nice place to live. We thought long and hard before buying land up there. The parks are well taken care of, there is very little vandalism and we have only met the nicest of people. Sme and family included.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

God I hate it up there!
I am English but came here to get away from that culture and came for a new life.
not carry on from when I left school.I can see it now all lads in soccer tops fights Fri n SAt nights.

There are worse places in Perth.

I believe Aveley is a right sh*t-hole. Apparently there is some pommy chav bird there who wanders around in a Russell Athletic tracksuits and Ug boots and has her hair in a high-pony ............................................... never mind.

Last edited by elmtree; Jun 22nd 2009 at 10:58 am. Reason: .
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:06 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Oi!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:36 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Oi!
Well apart from you... and I haven't actually met you, so you don't count.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahem