Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:36 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

Originally Posted by Ransi
You dry people, you..
Don't they have nowt moist down sarf
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Apparently it depends on the age of the person
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:41 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Yeh, it's called vinegar, pickled or malt.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:12 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Just one thing I wanted to mention.

London is the new Poland I'm sure! ... they're everywhere!

I don't see it a prob, other then I hear Polish all the time, and I hear they're hard workers so that can't be a bad thing, but when we left there was a lot of Eastern European's about, but back after 20 months and at times I look around and it seems 50% of people are from that part of Europe.

I DON'T judge people on colour or race, I do on simply how they are with ME. If ok, then I reciprocate and all good, but having people around me speaking something other than English to me is rude, and I've had this heaps of times since coming back. Everything from in the back of the cab to the local supermarket, ppl talking in another language, what are they saying about me? ...lol, but why ?!

When in Rome?

I remember goin to Victoria to the passport office to get new passports before we left. We got the job done and hit the local KFC ( ... it was a time thing ok!!) and while I stood in the queue EVERYONE around me was talking in about 3 or 4 languages! ... straight up! ... and you know none of them was English!

I dunno, but I prefer it in Oz where pretty much all I hear all day is English, albeit a bit of a bastardized version at times! ...

Greezy hair! ... WTF! ...lol
Lol, sounds like Birmingham.

We've got a Polish restaurant not far from us, it's fab! It's so cheap it's unbelievable and such a friendly place - it is more a place that the Polish go to eat to be honest and they don't actually speak English but they do make an effort to make you feel welcome.

Well done on getting over target again Paul Not long now!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Pomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to all

I'm suprised Ashley didn't say anything here, she likes that nutter ...lol

you know i was gonna.. but then then really couldnt be bothered...

and figured id most likely be slightly out numbered

omg this comp is crap
im typing and like 5 secs later it comes on the screen... shocking

OMG u have to get one of them pizzas... u know the american hot ones
pizza express?
the oven ones.. i have to go pick up pizzas after work and just remembered lol, i hate picking them up cuase then i can smell them but not eat them

maybe ill just eat and drive but be too hard? lol
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomme
you know i was gonna.. but then then really couldnt be bothered...
Oi you I only asked a question that I wanted an answer to, wasn't looking for an argument on the musical ability of the bloke Seriously, why has he not gone to prison? Please?????
Old Nov 27th 2007, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear, posts to reply to but don't have time for a change ...

I spent an hour earlier up at Sunny Watford snapping away, even got my number plate taken cos I took a pic of the local pub! ... I could see this woman in my rear view mirror gettin pen and paper out and clocking as I passed!

Anyway, as promised a few Watford snaps ...

High Street:

Destiny (or whatever it's called these days) & Yates:

I must admit, it was a tad moving goin down our old road and seeing the house we spent a fortune on, and cruising round them old streets I know so well, but I just have no want to be here so easy to deal with really ...

Oh and haven't done 150kph for a good while! ...lol

I always knew they drove slower in Oz but I had my poor cab flat out at one point (pic) and I was just keeping up with the flow! ...

110kph ...
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
The Xmas Tree in Trafalgar Square would be nice. Kilburn High Road (don't ask), and anything in Watford and surroundings if you get there. So far I've loved them all. I am please that all the pic's show London as a clean city and not the dive some people (who don't know it well) seem to think it is. Tooley Street and Knightsbridge bring back afew memories too, shan't say why though.
Both should be easy altho not sure the tree's up in trafalgar Sq yet.

I just sent you some K's Paul. Ignore the spelling. I submitted before I checked it. (fleash)!!!!!
LOL, yeah is a fleash like a fleece? ... need one of them here now I tell ya! .... brrrrr

Originally Posted by Ransi
Prawn cocktail crisps! Had any of those, in a buttie?
Oh fa sure, Walkers too! ... altho not in a roll.

Nice chip roll, that'll do tonight, I'll try and pop into the Sea Shell before I start.

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Apparently it depends on the age of the person

Originally Posted by Clippies
Lol, sounds like Birmingham.

We've got a Polish restaurant not far from us, it's fab! It's so cheap it's unbelievable and such a friendly place - it is more a place that the Polish go to eat to be honest and they don't actually speak English but they do make an effort to make you feel welcome.

Well done on getting over target again Paul. Not long now!
Yeah as I say I don't have issues with them, but I don't live here and I hear a LOT of ppl complaining! ...

My sister in law got her hair cut the other day (yes, very annoyed I wasn't consulted ... but had said I didn't bring scissors or razor for customs reasons already I spose) and that was at a cheap Polish place, £6 I think ... .. but seems ok from what I can see.

Cheers Kath, yeah targets targets targets!! ... all I go on about but it IS what it's all about I spose. I said to Nic If I can bring back something to go tawards a tinny, maybe we'll clear $2,000 from the $2,500 credit card debt and leave $500 owing, so I can put THAT money towards whatever I can get and buy even a little little tinny.

I GOTTA get my lil tinny, I know the whole thing was to clear debt, pay fee's, and all the rest, but a BIG chunk of what drove me to come back WAS to buy me a lil tinny as i don't see us earning enough to buy one out there for a while yet ...

Sounds like a plan don't it ...

Originally Posted by Pomme
OMG u have to get one of them pizzas... u know the american hot ones
pizza express?
I haven't, and was only talking with Karl & Bern about them last night. Remember we'd stock up with them from Sainsbuy's I think.

Nice!

Oi you I only asked a question that I wanted an answer to, wasn't looking for an argument on the musical ability of the bloke Seriously, why has he not gone to prison?

Please?????
I know VERY little about the bloke, but you know he's actually very well educated and got heaps of A levels and all that crap ... I know that don't stop him being a (whatever you'd call him here) but he's obv not an idiot.

He should get together with that Amy Winehouse.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:49 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

RE: Pete Doherty,
Prison is soo not the place for somebody who is constantly arrested for possession of a Class A substance... He's an addict not a dealer, all that will happen is that he'll become even more dependent on the very drugs that get him arrested time after time after time.

The truth of the matter is that there is little we can do for him unless he wants to do it himself. Kate Moss learned that the hard way....

On a lighter note.... Well done you on exceeding your target! Soon be on that plane back home!

Ali x
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:01 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah as I say I don't have issues with them, but I don't live here and I hear a LOT of ppl complaining! ...

My sister in law got her hair cut the other day (yes, very annoyed I wasn't consulted ... but had said I didn't bring scissors or razor for customs reasons already I spose) and that was at a cheap Polish place, £6 I think ... .. but seems ok from what I can see.

Cheers Kath, yeah targets targets targets!! ... all I go on about but it IS what it's all about I spose. I said to Nic If I can bring back something to go tawards a tinny, maybe we'll clear $2,000 from the $2,500 credit card debt and leave $500 owing, so I can put THAT money towards whatever I can get and buy even a little little tinny.

I GOTTA get my lil tinny, I know the whole thing was to clear debt, pay fee's, and all the rest, but a BIG chunk of what drove me to come back WAS to buy me a lil tinny as i don't see us earning enough to buy one out there for a while yet ...

Sounds like a plan don't it ...

Sounds like a good plan to me
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=PaulandNic;5606885]

lil Sounds like a plan don't it ...

Yey! Sounds like a plan Could you stick to it please. You are ruining my nerves. God alone knows how your wife is coping with you!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:50 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, posts to reply to but don't have time for a change ...

I spent an hour earlier up at Sunny Watford snapping away, even got my number plate taken cos I took a pic of the local pub! ... I could see this woman in my rear view mirror gettin pen and paper out and clocking as I passed!

Anyway, as promised a few Watford snaps ...

High Street:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...7112007746.jpg

Destiny (or whatever it's called these days) & Yates:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...7112007747.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...7112007748.jpg

I must admit, it was a tad moving goin down our old road and seeing the house we spent a fortune on, and cruising round them old streets I know so well, but I just have no want to be here so easy to deal with really ...

Oh and haven't done 150kph for a good while! ...lol

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...7112007720.jpg

I always knew they drove slower in Oz but I had my poor cab flat out at one point (pic) and I was just keeping up with the flow! ...

110kph ...
Thanks ever so for the Watford pic's. Isn't the top end of the High Street nice. I bet the Harlequin is all decked out and looking really xmasy. I was shopping in there in Dec.03 and there were little kiddies from a local school singing Xmas Carols. I don't mind admitting that my eyes watered and I had a huge lump in my throat. I was the opposite to you. I wished I didn't have to come back to Oz.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Thanks for the Watford pics. So glad I'm here. The Harlequin Centre was the only shopping centre in the UK I could go in without panicking But the one way system used to do my head in.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by alipally
On a lighter note.... Well done you on exceeding your target! Soon be on that plane back home!

Ali x
Yeah an extra £50 tonight too so it all helps! ...

Must admit fatigue is setting in and I'm having a half hour around the midnight that I struggle to keep awake ... I think EVERY night i'll drop this fare off, pull up somewhere, set my alarm for an hour and have a refresher!! ... yet to happen tho, and I seem to get past it ok.

This is why I know I'll sleep well on the plane on return ...

Originally Posted by Clippies
Sounds like a good plan to me
Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Yey! Sounds like a plan Could you stick to it please. You are ruining my nerves. God alone knows how your wife is coping with you!
Yeah I don't think the flight for the 10th is gonna happen but will take it if it does!

Plan B is good tho, I'll get that tinny one way or another!

Oh Nic copes, but won't let me talk about 'figures' anymore! ...lol.

Thanks ever so for the Watford pic's. Isn't the top end of the High Street nice. I bet the Harlequin is all decked out and looking really xmasy. I was shopping in there in Dec.03 and there were little kiddies from a local school singing Xmas Carols. I don't mind admitting that my eyes watered and I had a huge lump in my throat. I was the opposite to you. I wished I didn't have to come back to Oz.
Yeah the lot bought back lots of fond memories, and if I had the time I would've ran into the Harlequin, but alas!

If my camera was quicker I would've got a lovely pic from Kilburn High Road on my way in tonight. A couple of policemen holding some lout up against the wall of a pub, and half of the windows smashed! ... I wonder if it was him ?!?!

Roadworks and I HAD to keep moving or I'd of posted that pic ...lol

Thanks for the Watford pics. So glad I'm here. The Harlequin Centre was the only shopping centre in the UK I could go in without panicking But the one way system used to do my head in.
Ahhh, the one way system! ... yeah that could be fun!

I've gotta check my phone as I don't think I took any pics other than me eating an egg & bacon roll under Waterloo bridge for Haley ...lol

One week to go! ...
Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:55 am
'In limboland'

Yeah the lot bought back lots of fond memories, and if I had the time I would've ran into the Harlequin, but alas!

If my camera was quicker I would've got a lovely pic from Kilburn High Road on my way in tonight. A couple of policemen holding some lout up against the wall of a pub, and half of the windows smashed! ... I wonder if it was him ?!?!

Roadworks and I HAD to keep moving or I'd of posted that pic ...lol

Ahhh, the one way system! ... yeah that could be fun!

I've gotta check my phone as I don't think I took any pics other than me eating an egg & bacon roll under Waterloo bridge for Haley ...lol

One week to go! ...
You carry on eating like that and you'll be sinking that tinny.

I know you're gonna think I'm crazy, but when we were last back, waiting in the traffic queues (and all the traffic lights turning red just as I got to them) as I drove into Watford around by where Clements used to be (S'bury's on the right) didn't bother me one iota. I just sat calmly looking around and wondering why the hell we had ever left. I felt 'home', at peace. So go on, laugh if you will, but that's how I felt.

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Nov 28th 2007 at 4:00 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.