Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:35 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEVER thought I'd say it, but I'm goin home!

Originally Posted by Sam
i thought that you had asked them to move so you could take the photos

ALTHO! ... it IS a good point!

I've been up and down the Strand (and I use that as THAT'S a place I would ALWAYS see the homeless late at night) and I just don't recall seeing any! ...

Thinking about it more now tho, I HAVE seen ppl sleeping in doorways of shops all over actually, but maybe they 'spread out' more now ...

Must admit I haven't been to Surfers for a while, maybe they're all there! ...
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:11 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
(Completely random post)

I don't know a lot about that Amy Winehouse. In Oz I hear 'this and that' and 'Rehab' is bounced about on the radio, but prob about as far as it goes ...

Anyway, i've heard a track of hers at 2 friends over here since arriving and the bug has bit! ... love it! ...

Lyrics have no relevance to me, just like the song ...

Amy Winehouse - Valerie.

Incidently I had a couple of NME guy's in the cab the other night and overheard them saying they give her 6 months tops before she's another Kurt Cobain!

How sad!

Edit: Just see attached song is over 5mb so don't touch if you're on dial up, prob not worth it, altho you never know! ...
Well, she won't be overdosing on money made from royalties, that's for sure.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:24 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and just to rub it in ... :curse: ...lol

This is what my dream was all about and TYPICAL an ideal candidate pops up on eBay! ...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....link:middle:au

Spec fits,

Location for pickup fits - Brissie (on eBay it could be ANYWHERE in Oz),

Sale end time fits as I'll be back in 9 days,

Expected final price (from little research to be honest) would've been in my range!

One day tho! ...
You never know - you may have enough when you get back to put in a bid just before it closes
Keep posting, you are not talking to yourself - there are loads of us that are wishing you well and checking to see how you're doing
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Never rated Kurt Cobain personally. Amy Winehouse could be brilliant but is more likely to be dead long before that happens. She has a great voice but.......

Totally off topic but can anyone explain to me how Pete Doherty is still not behind bars (the metal variety). Serious question.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Daft bugger. I'm reading. Just can't be arsed to write all the time. Don't want you thinking oh god it's her again
What she said

I keep looking at the pics and thinking, I'm soooo glad I'm not there
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:49 am
Account Closed

Whoops! on the copyright issue ...

Gosh is that the time! ... the household will be getting up for work soon ...

2 in one post is 'end if chat' from me.

WBG
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:36 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and I haven't checked post counts for this thread for a few days and apart from a few regular's I seem to be talking to myself ...lol

At last count the thread was getting 500 odd hits a day so someone IS reading it, even if not posting, which is fine ...

I'm happy half of the time TO talk to myself so all good ... but I just wanted to justify to myself that altho I have started sitting in a corner, facing the wall, mumbling to myself and pulling funny faces ...

I AM actually quite sane at the moment ...

Lol, I'm still reading! Just don't always reply but keep posting!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

i like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFVM5pVTwkM

and this one cause its in my car lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6LVGcIC1Tc

oh yeh and that pic of that curry.. i think its the one u were with Pat, you didnt happen to half eat it before you remembered to take a pic by any chance haha

yummy paapadums.. least they taste good out here lol

can u take a pic of ingestre road? or a park in london... or woodside or smin
plz plz plz

kurts watching lee evans... i think hes touring england soon my mates r going to see him, so not fair

well talk to ya soon... your on the phone to mum now so yeh
night

x

EDIT: dude seriously, you need to get logged out of this bloody comp ay
this is pomme for anyone who reads and gets confused haha

Last edited by PaulandNic; Nov 26th 2007 at 12:04 pm. Reason: stupid computer
Old Nov 26th 2007, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Totally off topic but can anyone explain to me how Pete Doherty is still not behind bars (the metal variety). Serious question.
I'm suprised Ashley didn't say anything here, she likes that nutter ...lol

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'm soooo glad I'm not there
Sure you don't wanna swap places?

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
You never know - you may have enough when you get back to put in a bid just before it closes
Keep posting, you are not talking to yourself - there are loads of us that are wishing you well and checking to see how you're doing
I think it's past my limit already ...lol, but I'll get one one day! ...

Might have to rent one and not return as mentioned earlier in the thread tho ...
Originally Posted by Clippies
Lol, I'm still reading! Just don't always reply but keep posting!
You're a 'regular' here Kath ...

i like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFVM5pVTwkM

and this one cause its in my car lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6LVGcIC1Tc

oh yeh and that pic of that curry.. i think its the one u were with Pat, you didnt happen to half eat it before you remembered to take a pic by any chance haha

yummy paapadums.. least they taste good out here lol

can u take a pic of ingestre road? or a park in london... or woodside or smin
plz plz plz

kurts watching lee evans... i think hes touring england soon my mates r going to see him, so not fair

well talk to ya soon... your on the phone to mum now so yeh
night

x

EDIT: dude seriously, you need to get logged out of this bloody comp ay
this is pomme for anyone who reads and gets confused haha
Now I say I talk to myself, but this is taking on a whole new meaning now

Yes the pic of curry with Pat WAS taken a little late I must admit ...lol

You know I WAS gonna go to the old parks we used to go to when you was younger and grab a few pics, but to be honest it's all about time to do it! ... or not really having it! ...

As you know I've just got off the phone and have a few things to sort out here, and then it'll be dark and I'll be off to work!

See how we go.

Yeah Lee Evans WAS good when we see him, we'll have to wait for the DVD, and altho it aint the same, it's still good ... it'll give Kurt sommit to play to death too! ...

Oh and when you log in next put a tick wherever it goes to 'remember me' and this shouldn't happen again!

Speak soon missy ...
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:17 am
Account Closed

Well another day, another dollar! ... well, pound technically I spose.

10 hours, good money, but still not enough to get the thing I keep goin on about ...lol. I made an extra £90 on top of target for today, but these targets are JUST to get us straight. Not sure what I'll get for £90 in the way of a tinny, maybe just settle for a few crates of tinnies! ...

Still, if I can't get flight changed (and goin with that) I have 8 more sleeps till I board that plane. I have no worries about the flight back as I'm almost def gonna sleep for the whole journey!

Bring it on! ...
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:30 am
Account Closed

Todays pics.

Lower Regent St looking up to Piccadilly Circus, imagine the leccy bill! ...

The Spaniards Inn, been around since 1540 which is almost as old as the buildings on the Gold Coast ...

And THIS THING (pic not brill) is an electric car. They're actually quite popular, but A BLOODY PAIN! ... as they take forever to get goin ...lol.

Maybe you don't pay road tax, maybe you don't pay the congestion charge, maybe you don't buy petrol, maybe you'll get there!

I just wonder whether they'd take off in Oz with their V8 loving mentality! ...lol

Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Todays pics.

Lower Regent St looking up to Piccadilly Circus, imagine the leccy bill! ...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...6112007712.jpg

The Spaniards Inn, been around since 1540 which is almost as old as the buildings on the Gold Coast ...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...7112007716.jpg

And THIS THING (pic not brill) is an electric car. They're actually quite popular, but A BLOODY PAIN! ... as they take forever to get goin ...lol.

Maybe you don't pay road tax, maybe you don't pay the congestion charge, maybe you don't buy petrol, maybe you'll get there!

I just wonder whether they'd take off in Oz with their V8 loving mentality! ...lol

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...6112007708.jpg

Nah, you'd never get on the beach in that thing
Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy
Nah, you'd never get on the beach in that thing

I can see the benefits, but you look pretty stupid in one I reckon. NOT quite sure what it is as them Smart cars aint much bigger, and they look ok'ish, but these to me REALLY look one step up from this:

Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can see the benefits, but you look pretty stupid in one I reckon. NOT quite sure what it is as them Smart cars aint much bigger, and they look ok'ish, but these to me REALLY look one step up from this:

http://www.motoringpicturelibrary.com/docs/pic1110c.jpg

Where did you get a pic of my car from

Only kidding, mine's the model down from that (Holden Barina )
Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:36 am
Account Closed

Just one thing I wanted to mention.

London is the new Poland I'm sure! ... they're everywhere!

I don't see it a prob, other then I hear Polish all the time, and I hear they're hard workers so that can't be a bad thing, but when we left there was a lot of Eastern European's about, but back after 20 months and at times I look around and it seems 50% of people are from that part of Europe.

I DON'T judge people on colour or race, I do on simply how they are with ME. If ok, then I reciprocate and all good, but having people around me speaking something other than English to me is rude, and I've had this heaps of times since coming back. Everything from in the back of the cab to the local supermarket, ppl talking in another language, what are they saying about me? ...lol, but why ?!

When in Rome?

I remember goin to Victoria to the passport office to get new passports before we left. We got the job done and hit the local KFC ( ... it was a time thing ok!!) and while I stood in the queue EVERYONE around me was talking in about 3 or 4 languages! ... straight up! ... and you know none of them was English!

I dunno, but I prefer it in Oz where pretty much all I hear all day is English, albeit a bit of a bastardized version at times! ...

Greezy hair! ... WTF! ...lol

Last edited by PaulandNic; Nov 27th 2007 at 3:40 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.