Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Never been to Aus

Never been to Aus

Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Jayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really nice
Default Re: Never been to Aus

Originally Posted by 2ndchancebritts
Hi guys,
This forum was recommended to us by all our good friends form the Florida days forum, or maybe they just wanted to get rid of us

My wife and I are planing to move to Brisbane early next year, our plans to immigrate to Florida fell through when our eldest daughter changed her mind at the last minute and scuppered our plans, she is now 18 and has left home so where off.
We have never been to Australia and don't plan on visiting before we go, this maybe the wrong way to do things but life is short so we thought what the hell! lets take a chance and have a big adventure.
We spent 2 years and £1,000's travelling to Florida researching areas, schools, cost of living, driving, crime, taxes, rules and regulations etc, etc, for what? just to quit in the final leg.

We will be travelling on a student visa as my wife has been offered a place at The University of The Sunshine Coast to complete her accountancy degree, she is also applying to the Gold Coast University as we are undecided where we want to live, I want the Gold coast because I plan on buying some holiday rental homes, we have one by Disney in Florida.

From our research so far Australia and especially the Brisbane area is way better that the Orlando, Tampa area of Florida so it's Ausy or bust.

We hope to be taking an active interest in your excellent forum and no doubt have loads of questions. I have posted some more stuff in my profile.
Thankyou for reading.
You're all going to have a blast, Brisbane/Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast, all fabulous. Great places to raise your kids, outdoor lifestyle and great weather! We've been here 3 years now, (spent 3 years in the US) and too many years to count in the UK ! The whole family has really settled, kids love school, sports, great friends. Enjoy the adventure, good luck to you all. Check out my website, let me know if you need any help along the way, or just a friendly face to meet up with for a coffee when you get out here.
Jayne
Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Never been to Aus

I know this isn't really about the original topic, but...we have lived in Oz for 35 years and I have been to Queensland a few times, my OH had never been before. We have just returned after 16 nights there...first and last night in Brisbane and then 7 nights at Surfers foloowed by 7 nights at Noosa. Verdict?...absolutely fabulous!