kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need your honest opinions.

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Melbourne would be my advice Sharon.

Lots of work
Best state for education in Oz
How many on BE return from Melbourne? compared with Perth and WA
From the tone of BritVics you would also fit in very quickly
We lived in melbourne for a year didnt settle but looking back probably lived in the wrong place we were in the western surburbs i think if we had of lived closer to the city it would have been different, i agree Melbourne has a lot to offer.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:03 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
i agree Melbourne has a lot to offer.
Good weather isn't one of those things though is it?
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:15 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Good weather isn't one of those things though is it?
Actually Renth the weather is quite stable and all I could say is that it suits people who want some variety during the year. Admitedly some people will want hot weather all year round - if I want the sun I can get a cheap flight too Queensland or Thailand.

Of course we can get 4 seasons in one day but from my experience over the past 18 months it has never been a reason or point to discount Melbourne. Perhaps the rumour of bad weather is our saving grace that we dont get the hordes?
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:15 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

This is a novelty. It has developed into a Melbourne-bashing thread instead. I never saw that coming
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:21 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
This is a novelty. It has developed into a Melbourne-bashing thread instead. I never saw that coming
Maybe Melbourne is the new Perth !
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks so much for all the replies to this post.

We will all sit down tonight and I will let them read your replies. I am still leaning towards Queensland. We will have to decide as it asks you on the visa form where we are going and it is being sent soon.

Sharon
x

sending u all
.I still say I got it the right way round lol. but I am glad you know what i mean
Old Aug 9th 2007, 1:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shabee
Thanks so much for all the replies to this post.

We will all sit down tonight and I will let them read your replies. I am still leaning towards Queensland. We will have to decide as it asks you on the visa form where we are going and it is being sent soon.

Sharon
x

sending u all
.I still say I got it the right way round lol. but I am glad you know what i mean
You don't have to mark anything in that box on the application. You also don't have to go where you mark. We put WA on our application and ended up going to SA first. It's only for statistical purposes and not binding in any way (unless of course you are state sponsored).
Old Aug 9th 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You don't have to mark anything in that box on the application. You also don't have to go where you mark. We put WA on our application and ended up going to SA first. It's only for statistical purposes and not binding in any way (unless of course you are state sponsored).
oh! ok thanks for that.
Sharon
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:15 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shabee
Hi,
No I think i have it the right way round, but thanks for your imput.

Sharon
Surely it's "Work to live" that you want, not "Live to work", else you're seeking the exact opposite of what most people would want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work-life_balance
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

smraymer will become famous soon enoughsmraymer will become famous soon enough

Queensland - Perth is too far away from everything else. Trade jobs are plentiful both on the Gold Coast and Brisbane. Cost of living is probably on a parr. The general rule applies. The further away from the CBD you are, the cheaper the cost. I've lived on the Bayside of Brisbane for 4 years and like it, but saying that i'm looking to relocate to the Gold Coast shortly! The Gap is a nice area of Brisbane too (West). It's on the fringe of the national park and less than 10km from the CBD.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:11 am
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mike-Ju
internal flights are dirt cheap
Don't know who you've been flying with but please let me know - I'd love some of those dirt cheap flights!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:57 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
We put Sydney (as that was where family is) took 15 months from start to finish on a PR Skills VISA. 2 months into our application we were sent a flyer from Australian Immigration on SA and how we could be in Oz in 2 months as people are more needed there (but we couldn't move States for 2 years). We were told that Sydney was the longest wait time as more people choose there.
After receiving our Visa and after visiting Melbourne we fell in love with the place and moved down.

This was 4 years ago so it may have since changed. But just check with the choice of visa you choose that you have this freedom.

LJJ
Old Aug 10th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kalenge
Surely it's "Work to live" that you want, not "Live to work", else you're seeking the exact opposite of what most people would want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work-life_balance
We must just say it differently up here, never mind I have already explained previously in this thread what I was saying and I have no intension of repeating myself.

Sharon
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Australia Immigration will become famous soon enough

Hi

I would advise that you all set out the reasons (each family generate their own list) for you coming to Australia - all stakeholders (includes the kids) and their needs and your resources to service/support those needs see if they match - and generate a fall-back plan.

I know a number of couples that have come out with friends and now are bitter enemies an no longer the same aspirations and that is in fact what drove them apart - get this right first !

Is it weather, work, kids lifestyle, development and security, work to save up some money on the back of the resource boom in Qld and WA etc , etc that you are all seeking.

The if you have not been out to Australia you really should agree on the above and who will come out and represent the families and review the best option (preferably one from each family).

If you need anymore help let me know or visit the website and send me an e mail using the Oz Migration section.

I am also running a skypecast (live forum) this Sunday (link below) and we could catch up then if you like around 11.30 hrs UK time !
Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:10 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj
We put Sydney (as that was where family is) took 15 months from start to finish on a PR Skills VISA. 2 months into our application we were sent a flyer from Australian Immigration on SA and how we could be in Oz in 2 months as people are more needed there (but we couldn't move States for 2 years). We were told that Sydney was the longest wait time as more people choose there.
After receiving our Visa and after visiting Melbourne we fell in love with the place and moved down.

This was 4 years ago so it may have since changed. But just check with the choice of visa you choose that you have this freedom.

LJJ
Hi LJJ, we're in Mordialloc, next door to you!

Buzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.