Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nearly Homeless....................

Nearly Homeless....................

Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

mrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nice
Smile Re: Nearly Homeless....................

Originally Posted by ray2gill
How much can you get in a 20ft container approx? Just a rough idea would be of tremendous help, then we can decide whether to take everything or just most of it.

Good luck with the move.

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

We got ALL (apart from 3 peice suit) of our 5 bed house into a 20 ft container, including 2 double beds 1 single and 1 double bed settee 1 single bed settee. Fridge, freezer, washing machine tumble dryer...... there were a total of 160 boxes!! I must admit I wasn't convinced it was all gonna fit, the house was FULL of boxes ......but it went in AND with some spare room, we even added a few things that we weren't going to take!!! Had a great laugh with the guys from CROWN awell, I can recommend them

Jayne
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

mrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nice

Originally Posted by jodi666
Let the fun begin. Best of luck been 6 months since we were on matresses on the lounge floor with a little portable tv seems a lifetime ago, it's bloody knackering isn't it but sooooooooo worth it. jodi.
Thanx Jodi, we fly out to Brisbane on 1st May, can't wait
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TeresaG
Good luck with the move.
Thanks
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BertieB
best of luck with the rest of the move

Ann
Thanks Ann
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nearly Homeless....................

hya jayne,
nearly there then
are you getting nervous or are you excited?

can you remember me itching in the pub on tues? i've got a bloody viral infection and it's caused a rash that moves all over me!!! got meds on thurs - do they make you strip down?? sods law:curse:

S x
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sammyg
hya jayne,
nearly there then
are you getting nervous or are you excited?

can you remember me itching in the pub on tues? i've got a bloody viral infection and it's caused a rash that moves all over me!!! got meds on thurs - do they make you strip down?? sods law:curse:

S x
Hi Sam,

Had butterflies when the container arrived today, but was fine when it left Too exhausted at the mo to feel anything and got a right sore throat
I didn't have to strip down for my medical, just took blood, did Blood Pressure, weight, height, eye test, and urine sample. I'm sure you'll be fine

Jayne x
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:06 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hooch&Lol
Hi Gillian,

Just got back online after the shippers cleared the living room!

We have fitted the contents of our 3 bed house into the 20ft container, however we have only taken a double bed (we have given the others away since there are only the two of us), but I have taken a garage full of tools instead. Looking at the container we could have shipped the two extra beds since there is a heck of a lot of space left.

I guess we looked at all of our stuff and didn't consider the fact that once it is packed into uniform sized boxes it will fit into a small space - we did flat pack anything that could be taken apart (and hopefully re-assembled!).

You might get a different answer from Mrsdevillishdean, they have three people to pack for!

Good luck

Hooch & Lol (very soon to be homeless)
Hi Hooch & Lol,

Many thanks for that info. We weren't going to take everything but looking a prices on various sites we will be able to make use of all the furniture for a while, then we can replace as and when we want rather than having to rush out and buy everything straight away.

Gillian
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:21 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mrsdevilishdean
Hi Gillian,

We got ALL (apart from 3 peice suit) of our 5 bed house into a 20 ft container, including 2 double beds 1 single and 1 double bed settee 1 single bed settee. Fridge, freezer, washing machine tumble dryer...... there were a total of 160 boxes!! I must admit I wasn't convinced it was all gonna fit, the house was FULL of boxes ......but it went in AND with some spare room, we even added a few things that we weren't going to take!!! Had a great laugh with the guys from CROWN awell, I can recommend them

Jayne
Thanks for that Jayne. Not sure I will be laughing though!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsdevilishdean
Thanks
Jayne,
Have sent PM.
Lou