Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Driving and drinking ages

Driving and drinking ages

Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

keith hodgson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving and drinking ages

Can any one give me some info on driving ages for young drivers. Also legal ages for drinking in public bars or out at the barrbi.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving and drinking ages

Originally Posted by keith hodgson
Can any one give me some info on driving ages for young drivers. Also legal ages for drinking in public bars or out at the barrbi.

You can hold a learners permit from the age of 16, but have to be 16 and a half before you can have your P plates.

Drinking is 18
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:39 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by keith hodgson
You should refer to the exact state in question but for WA.....
L Plate allowed at 16, P Plate only at 17.
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/l...ivers/1476.asp

Public Drinking age is 18. Under 30's asked for ID. Private functions same as UK laws and is permissible. Note no drinking allowed on streets or parks or outside a private property, fenced function or bar boundary limits.

Drink Driving is here. P and L Plates are not allowed at all 0%
http://www.police.wa.gov.au/Services...inkDriving.asp
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:28 am
Just Joined

keith hodgson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info we are looking to move to WA in the near future. Wife starting prosses in Sept.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:40 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I first began drinking & driving at 16, it's the law in the Isle of Man.

Being 36 now, I think I've done bloody well to avoid a very serious road accident.

In Perth, it's fashionable to do a couple of bottles of Margaret River's finest and take on the Mitchell freeway.