Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NAB does it AGAIN!

NAB does it AGAIN!

Old Apr 15th 2011, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NAB does it AGAIN!

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Have a look at HSBC. I've been with them nearly 6 years and not had one problem. They only have a few branches but you don't need them really. I'm with ANZ too and have also never had a problem.
Personally wouldnt touch HSBC with a bargepole - tried to open an account with them and had no end of problems. I did the application etc and was told to wait to be notified further. Then go told by letter to go in with ID which i did - they photocopied passport etc.and was told it would be about a week - 10days.
Two 1/2 weeks later had heard nothing - phoned up, they had no record of me or my application. It was 'lost'. Was not happy about a pile of paperwork, including my passport details, other c/c details etc being 'lost'.
They told me to start again with a new application at which point i said no, just forget it im going elsewhere. I subsequently got several phone calls from them asking me to come in with my proof of ID again and had to keep telling them to bog off.
Then mysteriously a month and a half later i got issued with a bank-card from them.... idiots.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

I don't bank with NAB but have still not been paid today. All because the company uses NAB for the transaction.

A day or two late will not bother me, but sure there are lots of people that depend on being paid on the button.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Want to blame someone/something? Then blame the outsourcing deal NAB made with IBM.
IBM do the IT for NAB after NAB outsourced it all to them in a lousily managed deal that left many of NAB's staff totally pissed off with it all.
More proof that outsourcing your core systems is a quick path to disaster.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:02 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Want to blame someone/something? Then blame the outsourcing deal NAB made with IBM.
IBM do the IT for NAB after NAB outsourced it all to them in a lousily managed deal that left many of NAB's staff totally pissed off with it all.
I think we've got representatives of both who post on the forum...I'm sure they'll be along shortly!
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:14 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
I am holding my breath that the NAB glitch doesn't affect us this time as HSBC use NAB as a clearing house so we were affected last time. Will find out tomorrow...
Hmmm, we'll see. I just spoke to someone, she said ring us back if you don't have anything by MONDAY! She didn't get paid either today.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Try St George, I have been very happy with their service, their online banking and call centre over the years.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice

Just applied for ANZ account and already it has been setup and all I have to do now is go to the branch to verify the account....took 1 hour max for the account to be setup !

Other banks will now be taking on extra staff to process new accounts for ex-NAB customers !
Old Apr 15th 2011, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Not true mate, not true.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:00 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Not true mate, not true.
Which bit?
That NAB outsourced to IBM?
That is was lousily managed? or
that it pissed the staff off?
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Which bit?
That NAB outsourced to IBM?
That is was lousily managed? or
that it pissed the staff off?
Just your statement that this incident is the fault of IBM. Can't disagree with the other things you say.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:12 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Just your statement that this incident is the fault of IBM. Can't disagree with the other things you say.
I didn't actually say blame IBM, just blame the deal. Outsourcing always causes disruption, morale collapse and job losses. I should know, I work for an outsourcer !!
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice

The problem seems to now for sorted for me....salary in bank....wooooohhhooooooo ! It's time to party !
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Have a look at HSBC. I've been with them nearly 6 years and not had one problem. They only have a few branches but you don't need them really. I'm with ANZ too and have also never had a problem.
Me too. HSBC service is outstanding. Free withdrawals from St George and Westpac ATM's. ....... and if you're lucky enough to get a Premier account you can transfer money back and forth from your UK HSBC account instantly with no charge - slight and only very slight hit on FX rate.

Just closed my Comm Bank account ..... What's with the Aussie banks?
Old Apr 15th 2011, 8:39 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yes! Not happy as it is the week my husband's bonus gets paid and that is meant to be paying for our daughters new bedroom furniture tomorrow!!
Old Apr 15th 2011, 8:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Still no $'s for this possibly soon to be ex customer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.