Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My work here is done....

My work here is done....

Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:12 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My work here is done....

Originally Posted by Rooksie
YAY!! move over Bordy!!!

Hope youre right mate!!

You been fine Rooksie...
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:13 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhh shucks - thanks mate. maybe i should do what Kris says and get a garage built - would have to be in the next street though - in a field!! i know a lot of people like ensuites but we have a bathroom and a shower room - just means walking an extra few feet in the morning!!!!

i dunno what the answer is meself - jeeeez we are 10 minute walk from here as well:

http://www.torbay.gov.uk/index/leisu...ombe-beach.htm

Argggghhhhhh come on you bloody buyers!!!!

Hire a maid for everytime people come to view it and say 'She comes with the house and will do everything for you'

Tell them BE membership (premium) will be paid for so the buyer can step into your shoes.

Paint a realistic Christmas scene on one window and say 'We always get snow this side of the house'.

Get someone to dress up as a policeman and say 'You have your own local bobby and the last crime here was committed 20 years ago, so you will be safe. PC Plodd will see to that'

Get a signed photo of Jamie Oliver and promise them delicious meals if they buy your house.

Tell them, they will always be welcome to visit you in Oz and then give them a false address
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brisben
You been fine Rooksie...

I hope youre right mate - at least i can start thinking about Xmas to take my mind off visa !!!! :scared: :scared:
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Hire a maid for everytime people come to view it and say 'She comes with the house and will do everything for you'

Tell them BE membership (premium) will be paid for so the buyer can step into your shoes.

Paint a realistic Christmas scene on one window and say 'We always get snow this side of the house'.

Get someone to dress up as a policeman and say 'You have your own local bobby and the last crime here was committed 20 years ago, so you will be safe. PC Plodd will see to that'

Get a signed photo of Jamie Oliver and promise them delicious meals if they buy your house.

Tell them, they will always be welcome to visit you in Oz and then give them a false address

Laughing and holding my head in my hands at the same time - you really are mental mate!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:15 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

I hope youre right mate - at least i can start thinking about Xmas to take my mind off visa !!!! :scared: :scared:

Some people are just born to worry.

Stop stressing yourself out, get yourself to Goodrington sands and just kick back...
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:23 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I've already done most of the Xmas shopping, going to leave the presents here as seems pointless taking them then posting them back!!!

Plus one less thing to worry about once we get there as think we'll have enough to deal with...
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bridiej
I've already done most of the Xmas shopping, going to leave the presents here as seems pointless taking them then posting them back!!!

Plus one less thing to worry about once we get there as think we'll have enough to deal with...
Wow - bet youre still pinching yourself eh mate!!!!

have you gor accommodation sorted for when you get there - what you gonna do??

thats what i will be stressing over: what do we pack in suitcase, what do we ship, how will we manage until stuff arrives, where will we stay when we land, how long will we stay there????? oh f*** me, the list is endless!!!!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:29 pm

Yes, staying in a hotel for first 4 nights then probably staying with a friend until we find a rental.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

Yes, staying in a hotel for first 4 nights then probably staying with a friend until we find a rental.

are you gonna rent for 6 months? im not sure what fraser has done, sounds like he is staying on some sort of holiday park but i shall ask him when he is more settled (!!). i like the sound of it anyway, not committing yourself to a long rental and being able to buy as soon as you are ready. i know a lot of people dont want to buy straight away and may move around a bit but we dont have that luxury because we will need to get the girls into school and wherever that is is where we will stay!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:34 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Laughing and holding my head in my hands at the same time - you really are mental mate!!

Well I thought we could do with some light hearted humour.

god its cold!

But not quite cold enough for the fire.

Abdel is away working tonight and tomorrow plus getting the last statement signed and collected.

So I have two nights on my own.

Me thinks I will have a glass of wine tonight and make something nice.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:35 pm
Born to be wild....

Well I thought we could do with some light hearted humour.

god its cold!

But not quite cold enough for the fire.

Abdel is away working tonight and tomorrow plus getting the last statement signed and collected.

So I have two nights on my own.

Me thinks I will have a glass of wine tonight and make something nice.

Like what Sam #??

A call to the pizza guy may be
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:35 pm

Yes, we're going to rent for 6 months in Perth so Malc can get a job sorted and buy us some time to see exactly where we want to go.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Brisben
Like what Sam #??

A call to the pizza guy may be

Oh god no. You wont get me eating takeaways.

I expect Abdel will call me to see what shopping to bring back and I will decide.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:40 pm
Born to be wild....

Oh god no. You wont get me eating takeaways.

I expect Abdel will call me to see what shopping to bring back and I will decide.

You missed the joke entirely....
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

Yes, we're going to rent for 6 months in Perth so Malc can get a job sorted and buy us some time to see exactly where we want to go.

you must promise to tell us all about it!!! knowing me, i will change my mind and come to perth!! or sydney, or melbourne or cairns......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.