Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

My work here is done....

My work here is done....

Old Sep 16th 2005, 10:59 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My work here is done....

Originally Posted by Rooksie
thanks mate - i know it isnt brand new which ensuite and all that and we dont have a garage but christ cant have it all eh!!!!

Rooksie, Is that you in the corner?

You could have at least been in the pictures doing a catalogue pose.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:01 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Rooksie, Is that you in the corner?

You could have at least been in the pictures doing a catalogue pose.

you mean the bird above the fireplace with her baps out?? n'ah mate, mine are twice as big!!! :scared:
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:04 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

you mean the bird above the fireplace with her baps out?? n'ah mate, mine are twice as big!!! :scared:

Abdel said mine are shrinking - Ive been losing weight, and its so addictive.

My jeans are too big.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:07 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Your house is lovely and seems very reasonably priced. We dropped our price by £10k though and got an offer within a week. We'd had about 30 viewings altogether. As you've got some time on your hands why don't you make appointments to view lots of similar properties in your area and see how your price compares with the opposition?
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

To be honest I'm surprised your house hasn't been snapped up!!

Do they not know a bargain when they see one???
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:11 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The A Team
Your house is lovely and seems very reasonably priced. We dropped our price by £10k though and got an offer within a week. We'd had about 30 viewings altogether. As you've got some time on your hands why don't you make appointments to view lots of similar properties in your area and see how your price compares with the opposition?

we have just had that done to us, and it is not fair
you spend all day cleaning/ironing in the hope it 'might be the one', only to find out its someone snurging!!
its not fair on the other sellers
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:15 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
we have just had that done to us, and it is not fair
you spend all day cleaning/ironing in the hope it 'might be the one', only to find out its someone snurging!!
its not fair on the other sellers
I would say at least 25% of our 'viewers' were time-wasters and I got really fed up cleaning the house all day knowing that these people had no intention of buying. However there is nothing fair about house buying in this country
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:20 am
Account Closed

Christ, thats a good idea 0 i hadnt thought of that!! Thanks!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:22 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

I would say at least 25% of our 'viewers' were time-wasters and I got really fed up cleaning the house all day knowing that these people had no intention of buying. However there is nothing fair about house buying in this country

true, out of our 6/7 viewers so far, 3 hadnt even put their house on the market; 1, as i have said, was a fellow seller/snurger; 1 thought it was a 4 bedded house (its a 3 bedded one!); and a couple of these 'viewers', i thought were sent by the estate agent because i was on their case because we hadnt had any viewers for a wee while.

but even so, i would never dream of looking at other properties and wasting somebodys time, thinking i might be a buyer.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:38 am
cheeky tart

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
true, out of our 6/7 viewers so far, 3 hadnt even put their house on the market; 1, as i have said, was a fellow seller/snurger; 1 thought it was a 4 bedded house (its a 3 bedded one!); and a couple of these 'viewers', i thought were sent by the estate agent because i was on their case because we hadnt had any viewers for a wee while.

but even so, i would never dream of looking at other properties and wasting somebodys time, thinking i might be a buyer.
I've never done it either but I did consider it this time round. I have got details of similar properties in the area though to make comparisons.

I much prefer the open house system then you can have a good old nosey without inconveniencing anyone as they've tidied up anyway.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:59 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

thanks mate - i know it isnt brand new which ensuite and all that and we dont have a garage but christ cant have it all eh!!!!
Theres your answer whilst waiting for visa extend the house build a garage put in ensuite should keep you busy!!

Kris x
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:03 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Your house will sell just in time for your visa so all will run smoothly you wont have to move out before you fly off to your new life.

Kris x
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:05 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Your house is lovely Jac, people in your area must need their head testing if they're not offering!!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bridiej
Your house is lovely Jac, people in your area must need their head testing if they're not offering!!!

Ahhhh shucks - thanks mate. maybe i should do what Kris says and get a garage built - would have to be in the next street though - in a field!! i know a lot of people like ensuites but we have a bathroom and a shower room - just means walking an extra few feet in the morning!!!!

i dunno what the answer is meself - jeeeez we are 10 minute walk from here as well:

http://www.torbay.gov.uk/index/leisu...ombe-beach.htm

Argggghhhhhh come on you bloody buyers!!!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Your house will sell just in time for your visa so all will run smoothly you wont have to move out before you fly off to your new life.

Kris x

YAY!! move over Bordy!!!

Hope youre right mate!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.