Wikiposts

My Top 10 Aussie Gripes

Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:43 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Top 10 Aussie Gripes

Originally Posted by Hutch
Which is better, an Apple Mac or a PC?

Hutch mate, you don't want to go there. I'm sitting here with a MacBook Pro and I work for Apple.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:49 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Hutch mate, you don't want to go there. I'm sitting here with a MacBook Pro and I work for Apple.
Haha! Quality!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kiwichild]

Well if said what has been written over several posts strikes me as 'fantasyland', social skills/identity/control/self-esteem issues or need to self-justify moving to oz (if genuine), then you have some of the general areas I think could apply. QUOTE]

Fantasyland syndrome PMSL
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:55 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Haha! Quality!

It's so true.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:10 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: My Top 10 Aussie Gripes

Originally Posted by cypry
I actually think that the original post was a well written piece of informed opinion. Unfortunately it got hi-jacked by a few boring brown ring lickers who having set the first foot on Ozzie soil probably began practising their, "how are ya's and "G-days" and Har ya going's" Let us have a whinge about things you bloody idiots, without having to listen to your second hand patriotism's. Its an open forum for objective opinions and the like.... If you don't like what you read then switch off and find a post that you do. Who the hell are you to have a pop at others for an honest opinion
I refer you to Hutch's post (here.)

And I'm an Aussie born and bred, so my patriotism is 100% first-hand.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:12 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: My Top 10 Aussie Gripes

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I think thats the bit people have missed, what the OP wrote is funny but accurate, spot on. If anyones offended by it they either havent been to australia or will be in for a big surprise when they do arrive The OP has descirbed Oz to a T. Its not offensive its an absolutely brilliant description.
He claimed that broadband has been in Australia for a mere 18 months. How is that "accurate", "spot on", and "to a T"?

He also claimed that it has no old buildings. Is 200 years no longer "old"?
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chick Flick
I personally will never look at any forums involving the british once I arrive in Oz.
And when will that be, just so I can count the days until you no longer post your hypocritical drivel.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Guys this post is becoming rather silly now.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I think in this case it's no longer "my opinion" but a slanging match.

There is more important things in life, lets move on

Each to their own and all that. Life isn't perfect wherever you are or whatever you do. That's what makes it life
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:34 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WendyC
Guys this post is becoming rather silly now.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I think in this case it's no longer "my opinion" but a slanging match.

There is more important things in life, lets move on

Each to their own and all that. Life isn't perfect wherever you are or whatever you do. That's what makes it life
yeah but she is a twat though int she?
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
yeah but she is a twat though int she?

I wasn't really directing the comment at anyone in particular. I just think this thread was posted in an innocent "what gets to me personally" kind of way and now everyone and is dog is making it into an excuse to have a go at someone.

It's even brought a Troll out

I think even the OP is thinking "OMG what have I done".
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:50 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WendyC
I wasn't really directing the comment at anyone in particular. I just think this thread was posted in an innocent "what gets to me personally" kind of way and now everyone and is dog is making it into an excuse to have a go at someone.

It's even brought a Troll out

I think even the OP is thinking "OMG what have I done".
well I was talking about the troll and I did shout for Walla a few pages ago
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:55 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I've lived here for 2 1/2 yrs and been using the forum for close to 4 yrs. I've watched some fairly spectacular changes in posting styles by quite a lot of posters.
First there are the U.K is crap posters blaming a lot of things from the weather, the culture to the immigrant problem. I think a lot of it is down to trying to justify it in your own mind.
Then there's the we've arrived it's great everything is perfect best thing we ever did. That usually lasts a couple of months, six a most. After that you see a slight change in style to "my hubbie cant get a well paid job" or "is it always this humid". Things start to niggle a little bit as you go through the period of unrest following the honeymoon period.
After that it can go either way, good job nice house and happiness in your newly adopted country. Or poor paid job living in a rental struggling to make ends meet.
I've lost count of the number of posters who really think it's utopia here and end up going back to the U.K for many different reasons.
If you've visited here on holiday/reccie trip your a bit better acquainted with the problems your likely to face. However to lambaste someone who lives here and posts of their experiences and problems seems a little stupid to me especially if you've never even been here. I've posted quite a few threads about the harsh reality of living here and trying to get a licence to work, they don't make pleasant reading from a 3 bed semi in the U.K. I've had all sorts of answers from good luck to why don't you just go back then. Very naive posts from people sitting in the U.K.
It's very hard to make it here, it's even harder to start up your own business, especially when the only reason you came out in the first place was to spend a bit of time with your parents in their twilight yrs and have to watch your Father die from a terrible disease.
We don't all come because it's sunny.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:59 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I've lived here for 2 1/2 yrs and been using the forum for close to 4 yrs. I've watched some fairly spectacular changes in posting styles by quite a lot of posters.
First there are the U.K is crap posters blaming a lot of things from the weather, the culture to the immigrant problem. I think a lot of it is down to trying to justify it in your own mind.
Then there's the we've arrived it's great everything is perfect best thing we ever did. That usually lasts a couple of months, six a most. After that you see a slight change in style to "my hubbie cant get a well paid job" or "is it always this humid". Things start to niggle a little bit as you go through the period of unrest following the honeymoon period.
After that it can go either way, good job nice house and happiness in your newly adopted country. Or poor paid job living in a rental struggling to make ends meet.
I've lost count of the number of posters who really think it's utopia here and end up going back to the U.K for many different reasons.
If you've visited here on holiday/reccie trip your a bit better acquainted with the problems your likely to face. However to lambaste someone who lives here and posts of their experiences and problems seems a little stupid to me especially if you've never even been here. I've posted quite a few threads about the harsh reality of living here and trying to get a licence to work, they don't make pleasant reading from a 3 bed semi in the U.K. I've had all sorts of answers from good luck to why don't you just go back then. Very naive posts from people sitting in the U.K.
It's very hard to make it here, it's even harder to start up your own business, especially when the only reason you came out in the first place was to spend a bit of time with your parents in their twilight yrs and have to watch your Father die from a terrible disease.
And so say all of us.

Now lock the thread.

Please!

Old Mar 13th 2006, 9:02 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: My Top 10 Aussie Gripes

Originally Posted by cresta57
Great post; karma sent.

I'm an Aussie, and I love the UK weather. No joke - I honestly prefer it to the searing heat of Australia.

I have no problem with people posting their own experiences, just so long as (a) they do not try to convince people that this will necessarily be the experience of everyone who comes to Australia, (b) they are honest and accurate in their account of the problems they faced, and (c) they do not spread false and misleading information and/or generalisations about Australia.

I do not think this is unreasonable; in fact, I am sure that most people would expect the same from people who have emigrated to the UK.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by possoms
well I was talking about the troll and I did shout for Walla a few pages ago
I saw that. Made me smile, quite an achievement these days

I'd send you K for it but I have to spread, story of my life

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.