Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving from Liverpool to NT

Moving from Liverpool to NT

Old Apr 27th 2016, 12:41 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from Liverpool to NT

You might want to get a second opinion.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Samanjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't no were to ask for a second opinion tho? Would you no where I could ask?
Old Apr 27th 2016, 12:51 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Samanjohn
I wouldn't no were to ask for a second opinion tho? Would you no where I could ask?
Well,.you can post your details here...
Occupation, age, experience, education, IELTS score, etc.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 2:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If they are talking about 190, sponsored by the NT, you have a MORAL obliation to live there for two years. If you leave before the two years is up there is no penalty. It really just is a moral obligation. However NT rarely issue 190s now unless you have family or other ties because they know that people will leave and not fulfill the 2 years moral obligation.

A 489 requires you to live in a regional area. NT will often sponsor those in preference to a 190 because eople are more likely to stay. If you get a 489 check the requeirements carefully before moving elsewhere.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Landscape gardener , age 31 , 8 years experience , and I haven't done my ielts yet
Old Apr 27th 2016, 2:06 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Well,.you can post your details here...
Occupation, age, experience, education, IELTS score, etc.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Pollyanna does that mean I would probably be denied PR then because I have no ties there?
Old Apr 27th 2016, 2:20 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyanna does that mean I would probably be denied PR then because I have no ties there?
Looking at responses from others who have applied recently, the NT tends to offer a 469 instead of a 190. Then it is up to you to accept it - or not!

The issue is that many people have accepted a 190 for NT (and other states) and then instantly left the State and moved elsewhere. So the State/Territory has spent time and money on sponsoring them but got nothing out of it.
Therefore the NT has started saying that unless they can see a reason for someone to come to the NT and stay there - such as family ties - they will not do a 190, and will only offer a 489.

Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)

What this visa lets you do
This visa allows you and your family to:

stay in Australia for up to four years
live, work and study in a specified regional area of Australia specified regional area of Australia
travel in and out of Australia while the visa is valid.
This visa provides a pathway to permanent residence through the Skilled-Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887).

Then you can look at a 887

Who could get this visa
You might be able to get this visa if you:

are in Australia
hold a
Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)

have lived in a specified regional area of Australia for at least two years
have worked full time in a specified regional area for at least one year
meet health and character requirements.

In your shoes, I would go back to the agent and ask them about the different visa types - 190 and 489 and ask them for their views on the NT refusing many 190s these days.
Many agents will still not expect people to have connections on forums etc. Those of us offering assistance on here have been doing this for many years - thats where the 190 info comes from.