moving to bris

Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

northlakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to bris

Originally Posted by martynm
Cheers Scott, anything under an hour is bliss in comparison to London !!!

We were looking for something property wise with plenty of room, 1/2 acre type thing . Do you know if there are any developments like that around Nth Lakes ? The most we could see was around 550k for a property (on Harcourts), anything higher in value with a modest it of land ?
Last question I promise, thanks mate. Martyn
The largest size blocks in North Lakes go up to approx. 800m2 - there are few larger up to 1000m2 - I'm not sure how big 1/2 acre is (too young :-) ) . Mango Hill (just across the road) has some large blocks and so does Murrumba Downs.

The trend in SE Queensland is to fit more people in which usually means smaller block sizes. My wife and I and two little girls (20mths and 6 days old, yes 6 days = limited sleep) live on a 500m2 block which isn't big but we really don't notice it because there are so many parks, nice lakes and coffee shops to get out and enjoy.

You could try this site www.halpinelake.com.au - it's the development 'across the road' - I met a family there the other day who have just moved from the UK.

Regards, Scott
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:14 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by northlakes.com.au
The largest size blocks in North Lakes go up to approx. 800m2 - there are few larger up to 1000m2 - I'm not sure how big 1/2 acre is (too young :-) ) . Mango Hill (just across the road) has some large blocks and so does Murrumba Downs.

The trend in SE Queensland is to fit more people in which usually means smaller block sizes. My wife and I and two little girls (20mths and 6 days old, yes 6 days = limited sleep) live on a 500m2 block which isn't big but we really don't notice it because there are so many parks, nice lakes and coffee shops to get out and enjoy.

You could try this site www.halpinelake.com.au - it's the development 'across the road' - I met a family there the other day who have just moved from the UK.

Regards, Scott
I am flying back to Oz on Friday for a business trip in Sydney/Newcastle however I am going up to Brisbane for a couple of days to have a look at some rentals.
Hello Scott, I have a couple of threads on your website's forum do you now anything about the Crestwood development near the Night Owl/Dominos, there are a few rentals on here and would like some thoughts about it form someone who lives nearby.

cheers

Ian
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by frogboy
I think from memory the nearest train station was in Kippa-Ring. There is apparently a proposed rail link between Kippa Ring and the CBD with a station at Mango Hill however from what I have heard it has been in the pipeline for quite a while and will probably continue to do so.

We are looking to move to North Lakes at the end of Sept/early oct - I think we better get in quick as it seems to be turning into a popular destination at the moment, the house prices will probably go up at this rate!!

cheers
Hi, There is a proposed rail link to Redcliffe (Kippa Ring) but the nearest station is Petrie. The proposed link goes through Halpine Lake (Mango Hill)

We built house & land for $175k - now worth $350k.

Regards, Scott
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mel30
Hi Scott

What about rental property in North Lakes ? as we would need to rent before we buy..

Thanks Mel
Hi Mel,

You can email [email protected] (one of my clients) and check with them for rentals. The other option is Northstar Properties - I don't have their details handy at the moment.

You could stay at our place but we're filling the rooms with more children :-)

Regards, Scott
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

I am flying back to Oz on Friday for a business trip in Sydney/Newcastle however I am going up to Brisbane for a couple of days to have a look at some rentals.
Hello Scott, I have a couple of threads on your website's forum do you now anything about the Crestwood development near the Night Owl/Dominos, there are a few rentals on here and would like some thoughts about it form someone who lives nearby.

cheers

Ian
Hi Ian,

Crestwood is right next to us - being close to the Dominos Pizza is great :-)

There are some nice homes in Crestwood -depending on what day you're here I'm more than happy to give you a quick tour of the area. I could also introduce you to the staff at Harcourts if you like - the owners have both come over from New Zealand.

I'm only working half days next week so I'll have a bit of spare time.

Regards, Scott
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:35 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

Hi Scott,

I am in Sydney and Newcastle up until the 16th August although this could change if business goes well or not.
I'll certainly take you up on your offer of a quick tour, it'll be good to hear views from a resident. I'll be in touch closer to the time if thats ok, I'm sure we could finish the tour off at the local pub!!

cheers

Ian
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Hi Scott,

I am in Sydney and Newcastle up until the 16th August although this could change if business goes well or not.
I'll certainly take you up on your offer of a quick tour, it'll be good to hear views from a resident. I'll be in touch closer to the time if thats ok, I'm sure we could finish the tour off at the local pub!!

cheers

Ian
Ok,

Just let me know when you're going to be up here.

My contact details are on the northlakes.com.au website.

Every North Lakes tour for british visitors will involve the pub at some stage :-)

Regards, Scott
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Hello again,

There are a few people that use our forums on northlakes.com.au who come from the UK.

I've created a new section in the forums for people moving from the UK to post up their questions or comments.

As I look at our site activity at the moment all the vistors are either from the UK or South Africa (probably because most normal people are in bed here in North Lakes 11pm).

Regards, Scott
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mel30
Thanks Wargod the North Lakes look lovely will look into this area as it seems to exactly what we are looking for. Do you know what the schools are like?

How long have you been out there? Any good tips for the BIG move!!!
http://www.northlakes.com.au/Communi...7/Default.aspx

Hi, I've just added this page to the site to give you some information about the local schools.

Regards, Scott
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:09 pm
Shaz 'n' Phil

sharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to all

Hello all - I run the northlakes.com.au community website.

If you have any questions about the area please let me know.

Scott
Hiya Scott,

Could you please tell my what house prices are like, something like a 3/4 bedroomed with swimming, also plot of land, hubby is joiner/builder so may build himself not sure yet, we will be having a visit there in January.

Many Thanks

Sharon & Phil
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sharonhartley
Hiya Scott,

Could you please tell my what house prices are like, something like a 3/4 bedroomed with swimming, also plot of land, hubby is joiner/builder so may build himself not sure yet, we will be having a visit there in January.

Many Thanks

Sharon & Phil
Hi,

A good indication on price can be found on our real estate summary page:
http://www.northlakes.com.au/RealEst...8/Default.aspx

This page just gives 'raw' data - if you click on the address you get the pictures.

As you will see there are homes from $289k up to $610k ( in nearby Murrumba Downs) - Around the $400 - $450 would buy you a nice good sized home.

Regards, Scott

Last edited by northlakes.com.au; Jul 19th 2006 at 1:22 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:24 pm
Shaz 'n' Phil

sharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to all

Hi,

A good indication on price can be found on our real estate summary page:
http://www.northlakes.com.au/RealEst...8/Default.aspx

This page just gives 'raw' data - if you click on the address you get the pictures.

As you will see there are homes from $289k up to $610k ( in nearby Murrumba Downs) - Around the $400 - $450 would buy you a nice good sized home.

Regards, Scott
Thanks very much scott, have added you to my favourites.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much scott, have added you to my favourites.
Excellent - we are starting to become very popular with people from the UK :-)

Time for bed - and remember you can always come and contribute on our forums - Good night.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

mel30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks scott have e-mailed the school for fee info.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 11:11 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Scott,

Many Thanks

Sharon & Phil
We were quoted $195000 for a 32m (deep) x 20m (width) - which leaves you with a 9.86m (we had plans drawn up!!) back garden (based on the house mentioned below)

Equally we have been getting regular updates from one of the salesmen there , and there has been a couple of larger blocks which i cant remember the exact size but they were comming in at between 200000 - 250000.

For a 4 bed house (www.clarendonhomes.com.au - we are getting the Balina 43) that is around $300000

I think a pool would come in at about $15000 - $20000

Last edited by wargod; Jul 19th 2006 at 11:22 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.