moving to bris

Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

mel30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to bris

Hi all.......we( my husband and 2 kids) are looking to move out to brisbane asap can anyone help with suburbs?

We have looked at Albany Creek and Eatons Hill can anyone give me some info as to what they are like.........Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks x
Old Jul 18th 2006, 11:17 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to bris

Originally Posted by mel30
Hi all.......we( my husband and 2 kids) are looking to move out to brisbane asap can anyone help with suburbs?

We have looked at Albany Creek and Eatons Hill can anyone give me some info as to what they are like.........Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks x

We quite liked the look of Albany Creek on paper but when we got there it didnt have the right feel (whatever the right feel is!!) we have ended up with a place called North Lakes/Mango Hill - which is about 10 minutes away from Albany Creek - also it is about 5-10 minutes away from a nice beach at Redcliffe.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 4:17 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wargod
We quite liked the look of Albany Creek on paper but when we got there it didnt have the right feel (whatever the right feel is!!) we have ended up with a place called North Lakes/Mango Hill - which is about 10 minutes away from Albany Creek - also it is about 5-10 minutes away from a nice beach at Redcliffe.
How long does it take to get from mango hill into the CBD? Pete
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:17 am
Shaz 'n' Phil

sharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to all

Thanks x
Hiya Mel,

We are looking at north lakes, mango hill area will PM you with some info for you to look at.

Good luck with everything

Shaz
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:20 am
Shaz 'n' Phil

sharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to all

Thanks x

Sorry Mel, not sure how to attach the files sending a PM, if you would like to information you could PM me your email.

Thanks

Shaz
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:20 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete jackson
How long does it take to get from mango hill into the CBD? Pete
Its about 30k's, not in rush hour we did it in about 30 minutes, cant comment about rush hour..... yet!!!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:23 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

Originally Posted by wargod
A couple of urls....

http://www.stockland.com.au/Resident...thLakes/About/

http://www.northlakes.com.au/
Old Jul 19th 2006, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks Wargod the North Lakes look lovely will look into this area as it seems to exactly what we are looking for. Do you know what the schools are like?

How long have you been out there? Any good tips for the BIG move!!!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 9:15 am
Just Joined

northlakes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all - I run the northlakes.com.au community website.

If you have any questions about the area please let me know.

Scott
Old Jul 19th 2006, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We have been looking at the North lakes area too. It does look really nice but we are still quite a way off yet so have a while to do lots more research.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by northlakes.com.au
Hello all - I run the northlakes.com.au community website.

If you have any questions about the area please let me know.

Scott

Well Scott, you've put a good site together. I was looking at it with my family the weekend as we plan to move into the Northern Sububs somewhere. This looks great.

Do you know if it's on a min trainline to the CBD, any idea how long it would take ?
Old Jul 19th 2006, 11:37 am
Just Joined

northlakes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by martynm
Well Scott, you've put a good site together. I was looking at it with my family the weekend as we plan to move into the Northern Sububs somewhere. This looks great.

Do you know if it's on a min trainline to the CBD, any idea how long it would take ?
Hi Martynm,

North Lakes is a great place to live. I work in the Brisbane CBD and drive each day. It takes approximately 35 - 40 mins if you travel just outside peak hour.

You can get a bus from North Lakes to Petrie train station and then into the city. That would take over an hour. Try the Transinfo site - www.transinfo.com.au - that will give you a better idea.

Regards, Scott
Old Jul 19th 2006, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by northlakes.com.au
Hi Martynm,

North Lakes is a great place to live. I work in the Brisbane CBD and drive each day. It takes approximately 35 - 40 mins if you travel just outside peak hour.

You can get a bus from North Lakes to Petrie train station and then into the city. That would take over an hour. Try the Transinfo site - www.transinfo.com.au - that will give you a better idea.

Regards, Scott

Cheers Scott, anything under an hour is bliss in comparison to London !!!

We were looking for something property wise with plenty of room, 1/2 acre type thing . Do you know if there are any developments like that around Nth Lakes ? The most we could see was around 550k for a property (on Harcourts), anything higher in value with a modest it of land ?
Last question I promise, thanks mate. Martyn
Old Jul 19th 2006, 11:45 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by martynm
I think from memory the nearest train station was in Kippa-Ring. There is apparently a proposed rail link between Kippa Ring and the CBD with a station at Mango Hill however from what I have heard it has been in the pipeline for quite a while and will probably continue to do so.

We are looking to move to North Lakes at the end of Sept/early oct - I think we better get in quick as it seems to be turning into a popular destination at the moment, the house prices will probably go up at this rate!!

cheers
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by frogboy
I think from memory the nearest train station was in Kippa-Ring. There is apparently a proposed rail link between Kippa Ring and the CBD with a station at Mango Hill however from what I have heard it has been in the pipeline for quite a while and will probably continue to do so.

We are looking to move to North Lakes at the end of Sept/early oct - I think we better get in quick as it seems to be turning into a popular destination at the moment, the house prices will probably go up at this rate!!

cheers

Hi Scott

What about rental property in North Lakes ? as we would need to rent before we buy..

Thanks Mel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.