moving to bris

Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of
Default Re: moving to bris

Originally Posted by mel30
Hi all.......we( my husband and 2 kids) are looking to move out to brisbane asap can anyone help with suburbs?

We have looked at Albany Creek and Eatons Hill can anyone give me some info as to what they are like.........Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks x
We live just down the road to Albany Creek and Eaton's Hill in Cashmere,(lovely). The kids go to school in Albany Creek and love it and i work in the shopping centre there. It seems to be a very good central point for getting anywhere, ie the city, up or down the coast or to the busier suburbs.It has all the things you need and a very good friendly community and lots of sports facilities dotted around it.

Eaton's Hill is just a bit smaller than Albany Creek and only five minutes away from it.We are the next suburb on from Eaton's Hill and it's a bit quieter here, but there is loads of development going on all around us and the afore mentioned.

I suspect the same is happening with North Lakes too, so much development because everybody wants to come to Queensland, Aussies aswel as us Poms!
It's all down to personal choice in the end, good luck with it all and maybe see you on the other side
Old Jul 20th 2006, 6:46 am
Shaz 'n' Phil

sharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wargod
We were quoted $195000 for a 32m (deep) x 20m (width) - which leaves you with a 9.86m (we had plans drawn up!!) back garden (based on the house mentioned below)

Equally we have been getting regular updates from one of the salesmen there , and there has been a couple of larger blocks which i cant remember the exact size but they were comming in at between 200000 - 250000.

For a 4 bed house (www.clarendonhomes.com.au - we are getting the Balina 43) that is around $300000

I think a pool would come in at about $15000 - $20000
Hiya Wargod,

Thanks very much for that will take a look at that site.

Good luck with everything.

Shaz & Phil
Old Jul 25th 2006, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

Hello
we are in Albany Creek, moved here in November from Warner. We prefer Albany Creek its closer to decent schools (primary and High), Warner as with Northlakes was starting to look like a HUGE housing estate. Albany Creek is already an established area, there isn't much more land to build on whereas there is at Northlakes, I suppose it depends on what you want but we much prefered AC, as did our daughter who is nearly 14.

Hope that helps
Rach x
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:23 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hoots nan
Hello
we are in Albany Creek, moved here in November from Warner. We prefer Albany Creek its closer to decent schools (primary and High), Warner as with Northlakes was starting to look like a HUGE housing estate. Albany Creek is already an established area, there isn't much more land to build on whereas there is at Northlakes, I suppose it depends on what you want but we much prefered AC, as did our daughter who is nearly 14.

Hope that helps
Rach x
Hello Rach, have you just the one as I wondered if any of your kids are at Albany Creek Sate School, ours are.

Rich
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

Hello, yes i do have just the one, she is in Year 8 at the High School, what year are yours in?
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:33 am

Hello, yes i do have just the one, she is in Year 8 at the High School, what year are yours in?
Years 1 & 4 at ACSS. I just thought we may be passing each other most days.

You're not the 4x4 with the big Yorkshire spare wheel cover are you?
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Lol
no i dont have a Yorkshire spare wheel cover although i do have a 4 x 4!! Do you live in Albany Creek? we are in Albany Forest its lovely and so close to everything.
rach
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:58 am

Lol
no i dont have a Yorkshire spare wheel cover although i do have a 4 x 4!! Do you live in Albany Creek? we are in Albany Forest its lovely and so close to everything.
rach
Albany Forest Drive? We were going there, ended up in Cashmere.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 6:54 am
Just Joined

mel30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Hope that helps
Rach x

Hi Rach
We took a look at Northlakes but like you said a HUGE housing estate where we live now in uk we have fields all around us and only a few houses so a housing estate is not for us. Hows your daughter finding the school ? as when we move out our daughter will be starting year 8 it looks a lovely school. Any info on AC would be great you can send me a pm if you like.....

Hope to see you soon
Mel x
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Mel
I have pm'd you!
Rach xx