Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Move from UK to Australia

Move from UK to Australia

Old Jan 22nd 2012, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move from UK to Australia

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
With the highest rate of unemployment for 18 years. Everyday on the news there's companies in trouble.
It was reported last week that Australia as a whole lost 100 jobs last year, that's despite them having geology and time hand them trillions of dollars of coal and gas to mine and sell.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 9:50 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

So it gets a big thumbs up even though it isnt actually true ?

Originally Posted by innojuk

nuff said
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 9:52 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

It's also been reported that in the first half of this year we could see a minimum of 100,000 jobs go as the global crisis takes hold. The problem is that mining is just a small part of the economy especially employment wise and it is all the other sectors that are feeling the pinch.

Originally Posted by bingobob777
It was reported last week that Australia as a whole lost 100 jobs last year, that's despite them having geology and time hand them trillions of dollars of coal and gas to mine and sell.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 9:55 pm
Banned

That's why I laugh when I read people say 'if you are lucky enough to have a job in the UK'. Lucky like the 92% that AREN'T unemployed as opposed to the 94% here. I guess whatever helps with justification.

Originally Posted by bingobob777
2-3 massive companies EVERY DAY, really? Wow that is bad, although not really true is it?

The UK is one of the 5 largest economies in the world and tens of millions of people are gainfully emplyed.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

innojuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris955
So it gets a big thumbs up even though it isnt actually true ?
It's your Pro UK crap that isn't true. The place has gone to the dogs and the economy is in total free fall and only set to get worse in 2012.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

It's your Pro UK crap that isn't true. The place has gone to the dogs and the economy is in total free fall and only set to get worse in 2012.
It is an economic downturn. It happens. It isn't the first and it won't be the last.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 12:41 am
Banned

So you are saying that in the UK you aren't allowed to celebrate St George's Day or fly the Union flag ?

Old Jan 23rd 2012, 12:42 am
Banned

Facts don't appeal to those who want to imagine they are leaving a sinking ship and coming to paradise.

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
It is an economic downturn. It happens. It isn't the first and it won't be the last.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 2:53 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am in paradise. No complaints
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 2:59 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

It all depends on individual choices and personal circumstances.

Don't rely on generalisations. Follow what you think and feel is good for you. What could be paradise/hell for others could be hell/paradise for you.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 3:44 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin
I doubt you're English, I suspect a troll. Your written English (spelling and grammar) read like someone who has English as a second language. Just my opinion.
Should be "readS" by the way....................
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 4:05 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Goodness me, I have been on and off this forum since 2003 and you guys are still having the same argument
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chris955
That's why I laugh when I read people say 'if you are lucky enough to have a job in the UK'. Lucky like the 92% that AREN'T unemployed as opposed to the 94% here. I guess whatever helps with justification.
Comparing a population of 22mil to one over 60 million..
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 6:35 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Comparing a population of 22mil to one over 60 million..
Huh...there was a reason they invented percentages you know!
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bcworld
Huh...there was a reason they invented percentages you know!
Doesnt work like that. Before I got this job in Oz I applied to a fairly run of the mill management position. I got an interview in the last five and the interviewer told me they had 117 applications, not in total, but of those that applied, 117 possibles. Getting work here in the UK is horrendous right now. If your not here you haven't a clue..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.