Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Move from UK to Australia

Move from UK to Australia

Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:39 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move from UK to Australia

Obviously a 'sinking ship' then
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:40 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
I will fly the Kiwi flag. Same same.
We all know which flag you'll be flying.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

x Roomeo x is an unknown quantity at this point

Just out of interest, does anyone know roughly how much the average Production Team Member would earn, working for Toyota in Australia?
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

gburns72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Grayling,

Its taken us a year to realise it so yes , but atleast we have. hope the children adjust back as that is our worry. Good news is that my husbands work has offered him the same role he left on which is a relief.

I think it has become quite evidentally clear that individuals will snub of the UK with recession problems, but look at what is happening to the Australian economy , the world is in recession yet fingers point at the US and UK.

I worked in sydney for 6 months , and the work ethics is also extremely different. There was a lot of equality in the UK where atleast in the front one would never hear unacceptable words. In sydney their were always remarks passed on individuals working from certain backgrounds, where sports were the main topic of discussion every country was made fun of except Australia, and how Australia is the worlds best country and that is why the US and UK arrive here.

I know when i was in school things were different but when my 2 children started schooling they did everything about charity work, various celeberations, history & i would say excellent in performing arts. We just cannot find it here! Again not bad....but different.

Back to square one , move when you are young so you do not know any better .

Grayling , I will have 10,000 negative people replying the above , can i count on you to back me !
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 9:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gburns72
Grayling , I will have 10,000 negative people replying the above , can i count on you to back me !
No you won't. You'll have some who disagree with you, even to the point of being rude sadly but most people see and understand that it's your opinion in your circumstances. Some with disagree strongly, some will agree fully, most will be somewhere in the middle, some will even argue because they are bored and are playing devils advocate . Why would you consider people disagreeing with you to be negative though? A different opinion isn't a wrong one.

Good luck with your move back.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 10:32 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't count on Grayling for anything except a sarcastic comment if I were you! I've seen too many of his posts in other threads.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:53 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

My advice is ignore the negative people that will try and tell you what a mistake it is to go back the UK, it's going down the drain, a sinking ship, nothing there for anyone. We know that sort of stuff is rubbish but if it makes people happier believing then that it their issue and no one else's.
If you talk about problems here many will put their fingers in their ears and say la la la and pretend it isn't happening.
Britain is still a major player on the world scene and that seems to almost annoy some people for whatever bizarre reason but again that is an issue they have to deal with.
At the end of the day you as a family have to do what YOU want, it has absolutely nothing to do with anyone else.

Grayling,

Its taken us a year to realise it so yes , but atleast we have. hope the children adjust back as that is our worry. Good news is that my husbands work has offered him the same role he left on which is a relief.

I think it has become quite evidentally clear that individuals will snub of the UK with recession problems, but look at what is happening to the Australian economy , the world is in recession yet fingers point at the US and UK.

I worked in sydney for 6 months , and the work ethics is also extremely different. There was a lot of equality in the UK where atleast in the front one would never hear unacceptable words. In sydney their were always remarks passed on individuals working from certain backgrounds, where sports were the main topic of discussion every country was made fun of except Australia, and how Australia is the worlds best country and that is why the US and UK arrive here.

I know when i was in school things were different but when my 2 children started schooling they did everything about charity work, various celeberations, history & i would say excellent in performing arts. We just cannot find it here! Again not bad....but different.

Back to square one , move when you are young so you do not know any better .

Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:58 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely not We really have lost the plot in this country, thank goodness we are going back to England Like in America I have never really understood all the flag waving and tub thumping, arent you preaching to the converted Why drive around with 2 Aussie flags on your car, you are IN Australia already.

Originally Posted by bcworld
According to the news today flying an Aussie flag may make you racist!

http://www.news.com.au/national/raci...-1226251913064

Seems like Australia has 'lost the plot' (if you believe the tabloid news).
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:59 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
If you talk about problems here many will put their fingers in their ears and say la la la and pretend it isn't happening.
That's just like you and the UK
Old Jan 24th 2012, 3:38 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No you won't. You'll have some who disagree with you, even to the point of being rude sadly but most people see and understand that it's your opinion in your circumstances. Some with disagree strongly, some will agree fully, most will be somewhere in the middle, some will even argue because they are bored and are playing devils advocate . Why would you consider people disagreeing with you to be negative though? A different opinion isn't a wrong one.

Good luck with your move back.

Now just you stop that missy!! Thats far to much of a sensible post for this kind of thread