Reload this Page >

Move from UK to Australia

Move from UK to Australia

Old Jan 21st 2012, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

FitzroyLions is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Move from UK to Australia

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
No chance you're seeing just what you want to see?
I'm not sure what you mean. It merely struck me that the grammar & phrasing of the op were slightly odd for someone to whom English is presumably a native language.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 8:59 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Me too. I don't necessarily agree with everything they say, but I don't disagree with it all either. I didn't accuse everyone of being a troll if they don't like everything about Australia. I just read the OP and my initial impression which is stronger the more I read it is that it wasn't written by anyone with English as a first language. The spelling/grammar could be explained but the phrasing is off.

Don't care either way, Australia works for some not others, likewise the UK.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by x Roomeo x
You call it starry eyes, I call it $150,000 salary. An ideal opportunity for me and my family to try something new.
Good luck to you, try and ignore the bitterness of people on here who have had the big move gone sour for whatever reason. You only live once, so give it a go. It's not for everyone, but you won't really know if it will work for you until you've done it, so just make sure you have a contingency plan.

This is the best time NOT to live in the UK for decades, those who have the opportunity to try something else should count themselves lucky.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Smudger82
Good luck to you, try and ignore the bitterness of people on here who have had the big move gone sour for whatever reason. You only live once, so give it a go. It's not for everyone, but you won't really know if it will work for you until you've done it, so just make sure you have a contingency plan.

This is the best time NOT to live in the UK for decades, those who have the opportunity to try something else should count themselves lucky.
Exactly. England is terrible at the moment..
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
...and you really think this will be paradise?
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
living here at the moment (after 10 years in Oz) I have to agree.

Things are not good in this country and I cannot see it getting better for some years.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:14 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
living here at the moment (after 10 years in Oz) I have to agree.

Things are not good in this country and I cannot see it getting better for some years.
Seems to be a lot of bitter people in the UK as well
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Seems to be a lot of bitter people in the UK as well
why on earth is that bitter?

I do not hate the UK, nor love Australia above all else, but I can see what is happening around me. It is not rocket science.

Still if you want to interpret a realistic viewpoint as bitterness, fill yer boots.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

x Roomeo x is an unknown quantity at this point

I get the impression that Gayling is not to impressed by the Aussie lifestyle, mybe he should move back to the UK?

Just a thought..........
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:18 pm
Bitter and twisted

The OP is right in one prespect.....Australia seems to attract a lot of people who come from crappy places or can't hack it in the uK....I suppose they may find this godforsaken place a step up.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:19 pm
Bitter and twisted

I get the impression that Gayling is not to impressed by the Aussie lifestyle, mybe he should move back to the UK?

Just a thought..........
I'm OK with it.....but it is nothing special

Wait until you experience the 'aussie lifestyle' before you comment on it.

....and I will be out of here as soon as I finally retire.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

x Roomeo x is an unknown quantity at this point

Grayling, may I ask which part of the Uk you are from and where you hope to retire to?
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:24 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling, may I ask which part of the Uk you are from and where you hope to retire to?
I lived in the Peak District....probably retire to the Hampshire or Dorset coast

Somewhere where I can get a decent pint and can go out in the daytime without worrying about frying
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:25 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
What's the salary got to do with it?

That is not all that great
The salary is okay - the equivalent of around a 60k life style in the UK. Depends where the job is I guess as to whether that's flush or not.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:27 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
The salary is okay - the equivalent of around a 60k life style in the UK. Depends where the job is I guess as to whether that's flush or not.
It doesn't seem worth moving halfway round the world for though....especially not to Perth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.