Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Motorbike Thread

The Motorbike Thread

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Motorbike Thread

Originally Posted by londonmike
Interesting. I'm planning on selling my old Vespa, but I saw an immaculate vespa Sprint the other day and was very tempted to buy it and take it out.
Any idea what old Manual Scoots cost over in Oz (Melb.) compared to what I'd expect to pay over here ? If I don't ship, I'll definitely end up buying over there...
I'm looking to ship my two Lambrettas as long as they fit in the container.
If not definately one of them.
Spent so much time and money rebuilding them couldn't bear to leave them here.
Scootering magazine has lists of clubs all over Oz, and they have national meet annually I think.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Slightly random I know but just thought I'd talk about my bump-starting failure...spent 3hrs trying to bump start my varadero 125 on our steep driveway...problem is the front brake won't bleed cus of a jammed bleed-nipple so I couldn't build up too much speed or end up in the hedge! Couldn't figure out why it kept turning over then dying...got inside as the rain started and realised I wasn't using the choke...doh! Got to wait for good weather and a housemate who will help me push it up the drive before I can try again
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:24 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
No winter months up here mate..it is now perfect blue skies and dry...and 30 degrees...
Liz
Just looking at our forecast. Next week down to 10-12 degrees, and plenty of rain.

Looks like the wet weathers will be coming out.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

bigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura aboutbigpaul has a spectacular aura about

Now ya know how I feel...except I get 11 months of it!! Did I mention we were allocated a case officer today??????? Role on the warm bike rides out!!!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:37 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigpaul
Now ya know how I feel...except I get 11 months of it!! Did I mention we were allocated a case officer today??????? Role on the warm bike rides out!!!
Done a couple of long rides with some ozzie mates heading inland, and 30+ is fine until you stop, and then you just melt in the heat

Congrats on the case officer, another step closer.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:17 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Found this interesting...some blokes will take bikes anywhere..

Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

GaryVFR8s_Wife is a jewel in the roughGaryVFR8s_Wife is a jewel in the roughGaryVFR8s_Wife is a jewel in the roughGaryVFR8s_Wife is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Wow! Unbelievable. And to think that Ewan and Charley had problems on purpose built bikes!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by >Trigger<

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yjBrpN9nmZQ
you wouldn't want to buy a second hand bike off him :curse:
"One carefull owner"
Old Apr 25th 2008, 11:48 am
Going for a ride

This is one of the local places where we go riding.

Type in black spur on you tube and you will find quite a few other videos.

Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by furkew
This is one of the local places where we go riding.

Type in black spur on you tube and you will find quite a few other videos.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O-C6EgKWmNs

How did you manage to reverse that fast
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:28 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by claretandblue
How did you manage to reverse that fast
Plenty of practise, and the drivers over here didnt even notice I was going backwards.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:41 pm
Going for a ride

You'll love this one.

BTW, its not me !!

Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

GaryVFR8s_Wife is a jewel in the roughGaryVFR8s_Wife is a jewel in the roughGaryVFR8s_Wife is a jewel in the roughGaryVFR8s_Wife is a jewel in the rough

You'll love this one.

BTW, its not me !!

Whoops!

He obviously wasn't watching what the road was doing. Maybe his little tassles on his handlebars were too distracting!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:46 pm
Going for a ride

This is a pretty amazing ride as well.

Riding solo to the top of the world.

And Charley Boorman is on his way to Sydney as well.

Last edited by furkew; Apr 25th 2008 at 12:50 pm. Reason: typo
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:23 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

You'll love this one.

BTW, its not me !!

I think he was looking at cutting the corner, I didn't see the shortcut. Maybe his stearing lock was not very good.
Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.