Migration Fact

Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:50 am
Account Closed

devtrend is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Migration Fact

Hi Everyone

I would be most grateful if someone could let me know how many people as a percentage return to the uk within 2 years.
We have been looking at the A.B.S website and although you can find information on what most peole have for breakfast etc no info on this. I think this would be a very shocking statistic and one which they would like to keep hidden. I also think that there is more to having to wait 2 years for any Social Security is it because most people have returned by then to make way for the nesxt bunch of suckers.
Also DIMIA and the Oz government really cause so many problems and almost destin you to fail for these reasons.
1. They wil not give an accurate processing time, so when you contact Employers to get a Job the inevitable question of timescale asises which for most people means anytime in the next 21/2 years, great help that
2. Have to apply for a TRA before you apply, then apply for a ARTC which the only difference I can see in them is that the ARTC you get to keep and it's laminated. Why cant you pay a little extra and have a common certificate, this would enable you to actually get work when you arrive.
3.For the skilled visa your'e applying for why not give you as much information as they can about which if any licenses you require how to get them and allow you to apply for these before you go, again really helpful when getting a job.(After all we have paid enough for them to check that a form has been filled in correctly, what the F*** is it they actually do apart from drag it out and make mistakes, beleive me these are the most competent people you are likely to deal with. Wait till you get here food for thought.
4.No-one applying under a skilled visa should be allowed into the country until they have a job to go to. More like the American system.

For those of you that have just started the Application process have you noticed the drip drip of taking your'e hard earned cash yet, paying to download forms etc it gets far worse with every step and continues when you arrive here.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:59 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Migration Fact

Originally posted by devtrend
Hi Everyone

I would be most grateful if someone could let me know how many people as a percentage return to the uk within 2 years.
We have been looking at the A.B.S website and although you can find information on what most peole have for breakfast etc no info on this. I think this would be a very shocking statistic and one which they would like to keep hidden. I also think that there is more to having to wait 2 years for any Social Security is it because most people have returned by then to make way for the nesxt bunch of suckers.
Also DIMIA and the Oz government really cause so many problems and almost destin you to fail for these reasons.
1. They wil not give an accurate processing time, so when you contact Employers to get a Job the inevitable question of timescale asises which for most people means anytime in the next 21/2 years, great help that
2. Have to apply for a TRA before you apply, then apply for a ARTC which the only difference I can see in them is that the ARTC you get to keep and it's laminated. Why cant you pay a little extra and have a common certificate, this would enable you to actually get work when you arrive.
3.For the skilled visa your'e applying for why not give you as much information as they can about which if any licenses you require how to get them and allow you to apply for these before you go, again really helpful when getting a job.(After all we have paid enough for them to check that a form has been filled in correctly, what the F*** is it they actually do apart from drag it out and make mistakes, beleive me these are the most competent people you are likely to deal with. Wait till you get here food for thought.
4.No-one applying under a skilled visa should be allowed into the country until they have a job to go to. More like the American system.

For those of you that have just started the Application process have you noticed the drip drip of taking your'e hard earned cash yet, paying to download forms etc it gets far worse with every step and continues when you arrive here.
Are you speaking from experience? If so please give us your experience rather than bitter opinion. You might be listened to.

BTW Do you have to obtain a job in advance for the green card lottery?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:02 am
Account Closed

Hi yes I am speaking from Experience

and also if you are from the UK you are not eligable for the green card lottery.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:09 am
ABCDiamond

Hi

I was curious about this myself a while back, and did a poll to see, the results were:

How many Migrants stay in OZ ?

51.72% I Migrated to OZ and stayed
27.59% I returned to UK after migrating to OZ
20.69% I tried OZ, then returned to UK, but came back to OZ again

The thread is
here

Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:10 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Having read more than a few harrowing life stories of immigrants who have difficulty getting jobs, it would be good if immigrants could find work before they arrive in Australia.

As I understand it, this is already possible but many choose to plunge into the unknown without having work / income setup.

It seems to me that for some it may be better to organise work before arrival even if it means dropping down a notch or two.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:13 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Megalania
Having read more than a few harrowing life stories of immigrants who have difficulty getting jobs, it would be good if immigrants could find work before they arrive in Australia.

As I understand it, this is already possible but many choose to plunge into the unknown without having work / income setup.

It seems to me that for some it may be better to organise work before arrival even if it means dropping down a notch or two.
I'm not certain that many employers are prepared to guarantee jobs for people who havent yet arrived in the country.

Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:18 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I'm not certain that many employers are prepared to guarantee jobs for people who havent yet arrived in the country.
Most employers would not but some will and do. If a potential immigrant can not get a nibble or two then perhaps there's a message?

Matching immigrants to employers: a niche business opportunity for someone?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:25 am
Account Closed

Hi the point I am trying to make is that it is the Oz government that is making the problems, they want you here but wont help you succeed.
Think of it this way you can come to Oz and drive on your license for three months this gives you enough time to get driving experience and get you're Oz license (oz without a car impossible), what happens with skilled people especially Highly Skilled Tradesmen is that there is no grace period to allow prospective Employers to take you on say for 3 or 6 months to give you a chance to get all the licences required. This would really benefit everyone as there is no better help for finding out the how to's than from fellow employees. When you speak to tafe or licensing bodies the right hand really has not got a clue what the left hand is doing, this is a very real fact you spend so much time and money being passed from pillar to post. This really starts the problem ball rolling you cant get a job ,you dont meet people, start getting stingy with money and not going out pretty soon your'e wondering what the hell you are doing here.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:25 am
owieb

Matching immigrants to employers: a niche business opportunity for someone?
Isn't that what employment agencies are supposed to do when you contact them and tell them you are coming out with x skills and y experience?

All they do is tell you to contact them when you arrive.

And the reason they're not interested is because so many people either don't make it out, or when they do make it out they want to go back again, or if they do make it out and they do stay they don't actually realise how low the pay is!

Totally agree that people should be doing some ground work before coming and if they can't get any interest then maybe they should be thinking a bit harder about coming.

Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:26 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I got the job first then let the employer do all that visa stuff - nice and easy.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:26 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration Fact

Hi Everyone

So you seem to think that since you came to oz on a skilled worker visa DIMA should make sure you know what (if any) certification you may require in order to work in your field ?

What a bunch of garbage !! I would have thought that a prudent thing for ANY potential migrant to do would be to find out all about these things, or just because you paid to download forms and paid the application fee that you get any sort of preferential treatment ?

For your information, every country charges migrant application fees. I wouldnt think DIMA charges any great amount over other countries.

But since you sound like the epitomy of the "whinging pommie bastard", let me tell you how tight the brits are:
When I lived in Toronto Canada my partner called the Brit consulate, tourism dept to ask for a brit brochure. It came in the mail with a plea to "please send a donation" How sad is that ?
I think its even worse now, I believe you have to pay for a brochure, I could be wrong.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:33 am
Account Closed

Are you in Oz

I tell you what mate before you get here you research and find out as much as possible however its totally different when you are here,info out of date etc trying to find out the way of going about things here is bloody impossible people like you make me livid. Ring up an Australian Institution with a simple question 3 times and speak to three different people and get three different awnsers.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:42 am
Banned

Hi the point I am trying to make is that it is the Oz government that is making the problems, they want you here but wont help you succeed.
Think of it this way you can come to Oz and drive on your license for three months this gives you enough time to get driving experience and get you're Oz license (oz without a car impossible), what happens with skilled people especially Highly Skilled Tradesmen is that there is no grace period to allow prospective Employers to take you on say for 3 or 6 months to give you a chance to get all the licences required. This would really benefit everyone as there is no better help for finding out the how to's than from fellow employees. When you speak to tafe or licensing bodies the right hand really has not got a clue what the left hand is doing, this is a very real fact you spend so much time and money being passed from pillar to post. This really starts the problem ball rolling you cant get a job ,you dont meet people, start getting stingy with money and not going out pretty soon your'e wondering what the hell you are doing here.
Supervision of unlicensed workers by licensed workers already exists so what specifically do you propose?

Why not write to the relevant Ministers?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:42 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Are you in Oz

I tell you what mate before you get here you research and find out as much as possible however its totally different when you are here,info out of date etc trying to find out the way of going about things here is bloody impossible people like you make me livid. Ring up an Australian Institution with a simple question 3 times and speak to three different people and get three different awnsers.
Yes, I am in Australia "mate"
Very sorry to hear you dont like it here, go back home to where the grass is greener, you obviously arent the type to settle in another country plus australia will have one less whinging pommie

Have a nice flight home
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:44 am
Banned

Originally posted by owieb
Isn't that what employment agencies are supposed to do when you contact them and tell them you are coming out with x skills and y experience?

All they do is tell you to contact them when you arrive.

And the reason they're not interested is because so many people either don't make it out, or when they do make it out they want to go back again, or if they do make it out and they do stay they don't actually realise how low the pay is!

Totally agree that people should be doing some ground work before coming and if they can't get any interest then maybe they should be thinking a bit harder about coming.
That is why a niche business might be able to provide better service. I imagine the special requirements for immigrants are just a pain for most agencies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.