Migration Fact

Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:52 am
owieb

Originally posted by Megalania
That is why a niche business might be able to provide better service. I imagine the special requirements for immigrants are just a pain for most agencies.
Yeah it is a pain which is why I think they don't bother. But I did score well and found one that was interested; but I did come here on a reccy first and just kept pestering them from the UK. I think they found me a job just to get rid of me!

Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:58 am
Account Closed

devtrend is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
Yes, I am in Australia "mate"
Very sorry to hear you dont like it here, go back home to where the grass is greener, you obviously arent the type to settle in another country plus australia will have one less whinging pommie

Have a nice flight home
One thing I have noticed is that the posts that seem most positive are those from the East. Its probably just Perth please realise that I came out here with very good intensions and am not one to Whinge however it is upsetting for the first time in your life not to be able to afford to buy your children christmas presents.
I might not be very good at getting my view across but I believe that if you read what I have written lots of what I have experienced is true.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:02 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by devtrend
One thing I have noticed is that the posts that seem most positive are those from the East. Its probably just Perth please realise that I came out here with very good intensions and am not one to Whinge however it is upsetting for the first time in your life not to be able to afford to buy your children christmas presents.
I might not be very good at getting my view across but I believe that if you read what I have written lots of what I have experienced is true.
The various trades will start work again in ernest after Australia Day 2004/Jan/26. It's a new year - good luck.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:10 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

I have found that dealing with any government agency in any of the countries I have lived in can be a real struggle especially when you feel you arent being treated fairly, or seem to be just a number and not a person.

We cant change the way things are with government agencies and have to just try and forget their mistakes and move on to something a little more possitive.
You have an oz visa, you are in oz, you are entitled to work. Those 3 things alone are highly coveted things to have. If having this much isnt possitive, I doubt you will find anything else.

Use what you have to make life as pleasant as you can, dont dwell on what happened because noone has ever been able to change the past.

xmas is over, but there are many more to come !!
Good Luck
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:07 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi yes I am speaking from Experience

and also if you are from the UK you are not eligable for the green card lottery.
A lot of people might want to know about your experience. What is your line of work, where do you live, how long have you been here and what are the ups and downs of your life downunder?

My green card question is about whether the US takes in unemployed immos and not whether they take poms. I find the US system hypocritical. The government knows the economy would be severely damaged if all the cheap illegal labour was deported. Wal Marts sub contracting costs would sky rocket.

As far as Aussie policy goes it does seem daft bringing in labour skills that there is a glut of but restricting immos to those who can get jobs will limit the economic growth that the increased population brings. The policy is about more than a skilled labour force.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:28 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Hi

I was curious about this myself a while back, and did a poll to see, the results were:

How many Migrants stay in OZ ?

51.72% I Migrated to OZ and stayed
27.59% I returned to UK after migrating to OZ
20.69% I tried OZ, then returned to UK, but came back to OZ again

The thread is
here
Hi ABC you're poll is very interesting however dont you think that the returned to the UK percentage is very high considering all the Ozz positiveness on this forum.
Will one of the very intelligent people on this site find out the awnser to this simple question from the Australian Bureau of Statistics
How Many People return to the UK before two years, if they cannot find the awnser but can find out how many cavities the average Oz 35 year old male has. Ask another question why not.
something verrrrry verrrrrrrry fishy about all of this.
Kind regards from the Bemuda triangle sorry Perth
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:40 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Hi ABC you're poll is very interesting however dont you think that the returned to the UK percentage is very high considering all the Ozz positiveness on this forum.
Will one of the very intelligent people on this site find out the awnser to this simple question from the Australian Bureau of Statistics
How Many People return to the UK before two years, if they cannot find the awnser but can find out how many cavities the average Oz 35 year old male has. Ask another question why not.
Kind regards from the Bemuda triangle sorry Perth
Its actually straight forward.

In the 10 Pound Pom days, Australia advertized the typical Australian life to potential British emigrants. On arrival they whinged that they had to work for it. The Commonweath Government stopped advertizing.

Now the Government does not need to advertize because the British media spin more than adequate bull, witness the numerous British "Get A Life WhereEver" TV programmes.

Please direct your comments to their Omnipotencenesses in the British media if you consider you have been duped.

Alternatively, you could open your eyes.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:44 am
Account Closed

Another smart assed comment, not awnsering the question thanks but the question still remains.
How many people return to the UK
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Dev...why should WE go find the answer when its YOU who wants to know..i dont give a toss!!

Do you have a relative called Victor?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:48 am
Banned

Another smart assed comment, not awnsering the question thanks but the question still remains.
How many people return to the UK
Why don't you try being smart:
Australian Bureau of Statistics
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:54 am
Account Closed

Why don't you try being smart:
Australian Bureau of Statistics

I have tried to find out the awnser as this is probably the most important thing you could know when in two minds and about to take the plunge.
I knew that people would keep coming back with comments other than a simple awnser.
Come on surely this is a relevent point when moving to the other side of the world, thanks for the link this tell everyone the web address, have a look see what i mean The average Oz farts 3.6 times aday. When a country filled by migrants and still actively recruiting wont tell you this simple fact How Many People return before two years.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

The various trades will start work again in ernest after Australia Day 2004/Jan/26. It's a new year - good luck.
Megs, I think tradesmen starting work again in Ernest might conjure up the wrong image.

OzTennis
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

I have tried to find out the awnser as this is probably the most important thing you could know when in two minds and about to take the plunge.
I knew that people would keep coming back with comments other than a simple awnser.
Come on surely this is a relevent point when moving to the other side of the world, thanks for the link this tell everyone the web address, have a look see what i mean The average Oz farts 3.6 times aday. When a country filled by migrants and still actively recruiting wont tell you this simple fact How Many People return before two years.
I wouldn't make a decision such as this based on statistics.

I consider that I am an individual who knows in my heart and mind that this move will be right for me and my family, I'm lucky in that my husband agrees and our kids are keen. Two very close family units have already migrated, both successfully, to different parts of Australia. An Uncle & Aunt of mine went 20 years ago but couldn't settle and came back after 6 months. I don't think they gave it long enough, but then, that was their choice.

Know in your heart and your head that you can do this and you will succeed.

If you have to make what will be the most important decision for your family in your life, based on statistics, then perhaps it's not the right move for you. If you don't give it a go, you may regret it, but if you go and don't settle, at least you've done something a bit different with your life and not just followed the crowd.

sandy
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:08 pm
Banned

Maybe this will get you started. On a cursory reading it appears to be about "professionals" in the three financial years 1997-98 to 1999-2000 .
Skilled Labour: Gains and Losses
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:09 pm
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

I think the unofficial poll is about right. Around 50% return although most over say a period of 5 years. If you make it past 5 years then there is a good chance of forgetting the past life and being consumed by the new one. Most people find work eventually in their chosen area although sometimes at a lower level. Certainly nobody in Oz is going to help you and you are expected to look after yourself. Oz is a hard country and attitudes are far tougher than UK.

I think the biggest reason for not staying is missing home, family and friends and not wanting to spend the rest of your life in a foreign country having been there and done it.

The one point I have always been sceptical on is the so called returnees that move back then back again. From my "research" this seems to relate more to the ten pound pom types that moved out and then move back some years later sometimes to retire having spent 20 years plus in the other country. In those circumstances UK has changed so much compared to Oz which probably has'nt in all honesty although it is beginning to now with Howard's Thatcher like reforms etc.

A lot of the Oz positiveness on this forum is from people looking to make the move and so understandably they are wishing for the best. The sad fact seems to me that if you did'nt make a success of your life in the Uk it is unlikely to change in Oz given all the new disadvantages you have just given yourself. If you were reasonably happy in UK then you can expect the same in Oz maybe a little bit more maybe a little bit less.

OTE]Originally posted by devtrend
Kind regards from the Bemuda triangle sorry Perth [/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.