Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia

The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

originalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
Just to help the therapy along I managed to find this...

http://www.geocities.com/brisbane_sp...parassidae.htm

Where was it you were thinking of moving too...

ok really dont know how im going to break this to the wife, going to have to ban her from the computer, Im not that bothered by spiders but something the size of your hand landing in your lap when you open the sun visor !!!!!! i have visions of it hitting your lap and heading straight up to your face.......and click on the above link at read the discription "the Huntsmen is a MEDIUM to Large that says to me there are bigger ones somewhere...
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:05 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe that I have just had to call a huntsman spider "CUTE" there I was cringing at the pictures when my little un pipes up from behind me "whats that mom ? does it live in Australia" - Yes was my reply isnt it cute (could not think what else to say ), he is now in the process of telling his Dad how cute all spiders are especially the big hairy huntsman that will live in our house in Australia. Wonder how cute he will think they are when he actually comes face to face with one and mom's moving quicker than the spider towards the door

Sel x
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Talking Re: The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi DD I've done it just rang the hypnotherepist and have a consultation with him on Friday 10.30am.

So despite scaring me half to death I just wanted to say thank you cos you've made me get off my arse and finally confont my fear.

Kay

I want to book an appointment too Kay as I am also scared but what puts me off is the cost- i was quoted between £150-£180 for the sessions needed and also I am not sure whether it would work and would feel a real fool if I spent all that money for nothing.

Please let me know how it goes and if it works !!!
Good luck
nat xxx
BTW they dont make you hold spiders or anything so dont worry about that. :scared:
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:39 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Where does it stop!! ....lol
IT DOESN'T!!!!

I remember when I first started to trawl these pages and every so often a thread would come up about huntsman, cane toads, wolf spiders, snakes, cockroaches, red backs, jumping spiders, box jelly fish etc etc etc I went slightly catatonic.........but the more you're on here, the more information you get and the more you get used to the idea of these hideous creatures!!! It does get easier.

The link below has details of quite a few spiders found in Australia but I must warn you that (as I just found out when I clicked on the site and nearly gave myself a heart attack!) the first thing that crops up is a close-up of a huntsman which is not a pretty sight. But ignoring that, scroll down and there are the links. Honestly if you are really squeamish then leave the link. What I'm doing is every so often I look at sites which have pics of huntsman etc and slowly it's getting better. Mind you, we're off to Melbourne in 6 days and I'm bricking it in case I come across one - I know the chances are relatively small, but there's a chance nonetheless.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ednieuw/australian/Spidaus.html

D D
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

shit,ive got goose bumps now,aaaarrrrrhhhhhh :scared: :scared: :scared:

tracey
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:34 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great thread. I've been wetting myself with then with , then with (you get the idea).
Although I wouldn't say I'm not a bit nervous around spiders but I reckon like JTL says, I'll just get used to seeing them. Never saw any spiders at all on our visit last year but did see a couple of cockroaches. One got squished and one got away
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:15 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by natty
I want to book an appointment too Kay as I am also scared but what puts me off is the cost- i was quoted between £150-£180 for the sessions needed and also I am not sure whether it would work and would feel a real fool if I spent all that money for nothing.

Please let me know how it goes and if it works !!!
Good luck
nat xxx
BTW they dont make you hold spiders or anything so dont worry about that. :scared:
Hi Nat

I pm'd you before I read this, well first meet is a free consultation to see if he can help me, he has quoted £40, said probably need about 4 sessions but everybody differs, so could be more could be less?? I'm presuming its £40 per session?

I'm going to ask him how the payment works if the treatment doesnt work.

Cos he advertises stop smoking or your money back, dont know if this applies to spiders!

First thing I asked was do I have to hold one like you see on the telly, he said no.

I'll let you all know how I get on.

Kay
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

OK guys, lets get realistic about this - forget the spiders, forget the roaches, its the Drop Bears you really need to worry about.......... :scared:
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
OK guys, lets get realistic about this - forget the spiders, forget the roaches, its the Drop Bears you really need to worry about.......... :scared:

*splutter*!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:44 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rooksie
*splutter*!!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A375563
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, those huntsmen can be pretty bad. I once saw one in the living room. I popped out to get a paper and when i got back, it had spilt a glass of red wine on the carpet and had'nt even bothered to get out the cillit bang.

The sad trhing is a little bit of white wine could've brought out the stain no problems.

Australia is a hard, hard, place to live my friends.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Ah yes, the old Hoop snakes are a problem too..........
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

little miss c is an unknown quantity at this point

shouldnt worry about the huntsman its the small ones that you dont see.
I got bitten (didn't know what by at the time) and my hand swelled up like a balloon and was very painful, went to the docs he said "spider bite and you're allergic to them" had to have a course of anti biotics. think I got bit when hanging out washing at a friends house, he leaves his peg basket out side, so watch where you put your hands :scared:
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

They were talking on the radio this morning about huntsmen, and according to a couple of people who called in (I am only repeating what I heard, it could be a load of rubbish), they drink human saliva and are roasted and eaten in Cambodia
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:23 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellfish
They were talking on the radio this morning about huntsmen, and according to a couple of people who called in (I am only repeating what I heard, it could be a load of rubbish), they drink human saliva and are roasted and eaten in Cambodia
Well, they look big enough to have some meat on them. After all, the chinese do like to pull the bile bladder out of a snake and eat that. it gives them a high apparently.

And of course we all know tht the Belgians eat horses , but thats another tale altogether!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.