Wikiposts

Midlands Meet??

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:27 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Default Re: Midlands Meet??

Originally Posted by Rooksie
s'ok matey!!

something to do with traineeship whilst employed!! i have banged on about it all day so dont want to bore you with the details.

seems our agents are crap basically - but we always suspected that so were going to change anyway. really has opened my eyes today though as i have had posts and emails from other plumbers who put loads more than us in their application. still, we will be better prepared for next time but i just cant face the thought of it at the moment to be honest!!
Rooksie, so sorry to hear about your TRA result. You know that everyone here will lend a hand to make sure you get through next time.

Neil.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

haggisUK will become famous soon enough

Yeah me and Mrs Flibble (aka HaggisUK) would be up for the Saturday and Sunday.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by haggisUK
Yeah me and Mrs Flibble (aka HaggisUK) would be up for the Saturday and Sunday.
Oh bum...I really wish she wouldnt use my laptop!!!!...and not logout. People will start to think she is a schizophrenic.....
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

RE: Wolves meet

Has anyone got anywhere organising a Wolverhampton get together?

We're free for the Oddfellows in Compton (5 mins from Wolverhampton, 20 mins from Telford) on Sunday evening - the place YamYam's suggested before.

Any takers?

Carolyn
Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:48 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by flip

We're free for the Oddfellows in Compton (5 mins from Wolverhampton, 20 mins from Telford) on Sunday evening - the place YamYam's suggested before.

Any takers?

Carolyn
Haven't heard of anything, but as we only live in Telford we would be up for it.

Neil
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:42 am
family of 4

the raindodgers is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Midlands Meet??

Any takers?

Carolyn

Hi Flip
We are hoping to go to Perth next year
We Live about 5 miles from Wolverhampton so would be keen on meeting up when can
We are off to visit Perth on the 8th April for a knackering 10 days.

We hope to be able to get the feel of the place abit but also do some diving but haven't told the kids that bit.

By the way does anyone have any good agents numbers as have just seen the bit about failing the TRA and dont want to get stuck with a dodgy agent!

Sounds like the 17th would be fun have fun all

Nickie
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:01 am
paradise in the redlands

Originally Posted by the raindodgers
Hi Flip
We Live about 5 miles from Wolverhampton so would be keen on meeting up when can

We hope to be able to get the feel of the place abit but also do some diving but haven't told the kids that bit.

By the way does anyone have any good agents numbers as have just seen the bit about failing the TRA and dont want to get stuck with a dodgy agent!

Nickie
Have sent you a p.m
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Hi Flip

Nickie
Hi Nickie

A bit confused - does this mean you'll be able to make it on Sunday April 3?

Carolyn
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:51 pm
family of 4

Red face Re: Midlands Meet??

Hi Nickie

A bit confused - does this mean you'll be able to make it on Sunday April 3?

Carolyn

Sorry bit of a scatterbrain at times
Didnt know what date people were talking about.
Down in Portsmouth this weekend so it would depend if it was a lunch time or evening meeting as could get back for the latter
Nickie and Garry
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry bit of a scatterbrain at times
Didnt know what date people were talking about.
Down in Portsmouth this weekend so it would depend if it was a lunch time or evening meeting as could get back for the latter
Nickie and Garry
Thought we'd make it about 7.30 to 8pm as we've got to get back from visiting family in Bolton.

Carolyn
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:22 am
family of 4

Thought we'd make it about 7.30 to 8pm as we've got to get back from visiting family in Bolton.

Carolyn
where do you think for the meeting
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:45 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
Having recently been granted our PR visa, the reality of it all is now kicking in and a mild form of panic is beginning to settle! This forum mentions region get-togethers now and then so we wondered if there were any 'meets' planned for the midlands area soon?
We need interaction with like minded people as our family are frosty to our plans at the moment and we feel unable to speak openly about Oz, which is severly dampening our excitement.

So if anybody is out there with similar experiences and wants to have a bevvy and a chat make contact PLEASE

OUR SANITY DEPENDS ON YOU!!!
hiya yam yam i am in walsall just round the corner from willenhall my hubby and i and our 16 mnth old son are hoping to go out to sydney on a 457 visa have just had our xrays and waiting for son to have his meds. where abouts are u headed? hubby is sydney at the moment visiting his new employer am sooooo jealous as they are paying for everything and they have put him up in a fabulous apartment while i am stuck in wet miserable walsall. anytime you want to chat give me a shout at [email protected] am on most nights after 8 as hubby will be away for 6 weeks can't really go far with little one being in bed for 7.30 our family are quite up for us going i think they are just after the cheap holidays although my mum and dad will miss us i am only child and thomas is their 1st grandchild.
anyway i have bored u enough
like i say get in touch if u like would love to hear from u

poshrice
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:01 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Midlands Meet??

lol i can be soooooo dippy at times have just been looking through thread and have noticed hubby has posted a reply in the past i am married to sparkyeng i am soooo up for the meet on the 17th april but afraid it will only be me and the piglet as sparky in sydney jammy wotsit can someone tell me the best way there from j10 of the m6 as i live about 5 mins from there am sooo looking forward to meeting people in the same position as us. the piglet loves the wacky so he will be happy plus they do food so he will be as happy as a pig in muck so to speak lol

Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by neil.b
Have sent you a p.m
Hi Neil

Sorry we didn't see you at the weekend. I've left the midlands meet thread cos it's too confusing with the Birmingham set.

Maybe we could get together with the Raindodgers when they return?

If you make a new posting for a meet in Telford and we can make it we'll be there.

Where are you going? When? Family or couple?

Hope all's well

Carolyn
Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:49 am
paradise in the redlands

Hi Neil

Sorry we didn't see you at the weekend. I've left the midlands meet thread cos it's too confusing with the Birmingham set.

Maybe we could get together with the Raindodgers when they return?

If you make a new posting for a meet in Telford and we can make it we'll be there.

Where are you going? When? Family or couple?

Hope all's well

Carolyn
Sounds good to get together with yourselves and the raindodgers when they get back.

If there is enough interest then maybe we could organise a telford or wolverhampton meet. Anywhere in that area would be good.
We are a family of 4, myself, mandy, and the lads, Jamie (14) and Lewis (11). All being well, and if the timelines are anything to go by, we want to be in Brisbane by the end of September. What about you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.