Wikiposts

Midlands Meet??

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road
Default Midlands Meet??

Having recently been granted our PR visa, the reality of it all is now kicking in and a mild form of panic is beginning to settle! This forum mentions region get-togethers now and then so we wondered if there were any 'meets' planned for the midlands area soon?
We need interaction with like minded people as our family are frosty to our plans at the moment and we feel unable to speak openly about Oz, which is severly dampening our excitement.

So if anybody is out there with similar experiences and wants to have a bevvy and a chat make contact PLEASE

OUR SANITY DEPENDS ON YOU!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:05 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Midlands Meet??

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
Having recently been granted our PR visa, the reality of it all is now kicking in and a mild form of panic is beginning to settle! This forum mentions region get-togethers now and then so we wondered if there were any 'meets' planned for the midlands area soon?
We need interaction with like minded people as our family are frosty to our plans at the moment and we feel unable to speak openly about Oz, which is severly dampening our excitement.

So if anybody is out there with similar experiences and wants to have a bevvy and a chat make contact PLEASE

OUR SANITY DEPENDS ON YOU!!!
Hi. We had a meet on 30th January in Balsall Common (close to J4 of the M6) and had well over 50 of us there. The pub and location seemed ideal and we all had a cracking time:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+midlands+meet

We would be up for another meet but may struggle with dates in the next 4 or 5 weeks. In particular weekend of the 19th March is the Sandown show and the following weekend is Easter.

Feel free to suggest dates / locations and we will let you know what we can do.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:15 pm
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Hi Yam Yam,
We're in a similar position as you .....complete panic and frustration.
We've just been granted our PR visa also but waiting to sell the house!
We live in Nottingham, where abouts are you based and where are abouts are you wanting to go in Oz.
Always up for a drink and chat work permitting
Good luck with the family
Jamie and jo
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by J+J
Hi Yam Yam,
We live in Nottingham, where abouts are you based and where are abouts are you wanting to go in Oz.
Jamie and jo

J+J

thanks for the reply, Its good to know we are not alone! We are from Wolverhampton so we are not to far away, maybe we could meet up in the middle somewhere?

We are planning a reccy trip soon to Perth and Melbourne and maybe Brisbane to make our minds up. I like the idea of Perth because of the lifestyle it offers, but Melbourne is at the back of my mind somewhere. So going to have a decent look should sort it out?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by worzel
Hi. We had a meet on 30th January in Balsall Common (close to J4 of the M6) and had well over 50 of us there. The pub and location seemed ideal and we all had a cracking time:

We would be up for another meet but may struggle with dates in the next 4 or 5 weeks. In particular weekend of the 19th March is the Sandown show and the following weekend is Easter.

Feel free to suggest dates / locations and we will let you know what we can do.

Worzel,

We just knew we would have missed a recent one as soon as we posted the inquiry!!!
Saw the pictures, sounds like it was a good laugh, so good the bloke posting the pictures couldnt remember the any names. I regularly have friday and saturday nights like that!!

As a newcomer we will wait for the next one to be organised, we are in Wolverhampton so Bham are or near would be good.

Thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 12:25 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya Yam Yam
I would have never guessed you are from Wolverhampton

We to have our visa, but are waiting to leave at the earliest next year, if not longer, we live in Brum.
I would like to live in / around Brisbane, depending upon work.

Bye
Mark
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya Yam Yam
I would have never guessed you are from Wolverhampton

We to have our visa, but are waiting to leave at the earliest next year, if not longer, we live in Brum.
I would like to live in / around Brisbane, depending upon work.

Bye
Mark

Hi Mark,

So what's the craic? Why are you leaving it until next year to go down under, you making good plans? Why do you want to leave Britain?

These forums are great! One of the worries myself and the other half have is settling in and making friends. I'm sure it wont be a problem but its nice to have a bit of a head start by making contacts with people like ourselves before we go. We are not too far away from yourselves so if you fancy meeting for a drinky poos in Brum we could arrange that for one Sat afternoon and have a good old chat, exchange ideas and the like. What you reckon??

Yam Yam
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:00 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

You may, or may not, have noticed that there are several threads on the go at the moment relating to meets.

One is in London on the 13th of March, I believe. There are quite a few going, so should be a good meet. These things are generally quite good, with a friendly bunch of people.

The other one is at Sandown. The Sandown one may be better as there is the exhibition on the same day.

Maybe we will see you there.

Gary
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:01 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by J+J
Hi Yam Yam,
Jamie and jo
Hi there,
We're newbies at this.... live at Heanor..... whereabouts are you in Nottingham?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gsb
You may, or may not, have noticed that there are several threads on the go at the moment relating to meets.

One is in London on the 13th of March, I believe. There are quite a few going, so should be a good meet. These things are generally quite good, with a friendly bunch of people.

The other one is at Sandown. The Sandown one may be better as there is the exhibition on the same day.

Maybe we will see you there.

Gary

Sorry Gary,

I hadnt noticed the other threads mate, can you give me the low down on this Sandown meet/show its sounds as if it might be worth while having a look.

Thanks

Yam Yam
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:56 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Gary,

I hadnt noticed the other threads mate, can you give me the low down on this Sandown meet/show its sounds as if it might be worth while having a look.

Thanks

Yam Yam
Details of the Sandown meet are on here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...34#post2090534
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:49 pm
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SalSa
Hi there,
We're newbies at this.... live at Heanor..... whereabouts are you in Nottingham?
We live at Toton.
Know Heanor as BIL used to live there so have frequented the drinking establishments in and around Heanor.
Where are you heading to and where are abouts in the visa process are you
Jo
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

cammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the rough

J+J

thanks for the reply, Its good to know we are not alone! We are from Wolverhampton so we are not to far away, maybe we could meet up in the middle somewhere?

We are planning a reccy trip soon to Perth and Melbourne and maybe Brisbane to make our minds up. I like the idea of Perth because of the lifestyle it offers, but Melbourne is at the back of my mind somewhere. So going to have a decent look should sort it out?

We live in Woolverampton too, although from my name you can guess I am not local.

We hope to move out to Sydney in June/July as I have just accepted a job offer. Going out on a 457 (temporary visa) until our employer applies for ENS once we arrive.

We travelled throughoput Australia as backpackers some time ago and went on a reccy trip in October last year, so if you want any info please ask!

Cameron
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

jesta is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Gary,

Thanks

Yam Yam
Hi YAM YAM.

we would love to come to the next meet. We are going on a reccy on the 7th march till the 28th so march is out for us. We live in brum so are local. Not yet started application, iam going to visit my aunt in brisbane and ask if she will sponsor us. We are also looking at moving to perth, but we are going to look at sydney and brisbane to check out jobs. I will post a thread when i get back, and look out to see if there are any plans on a meet.

JESTA
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cammym
We live in Woolverampton too, although from my name you can guess I am not local.

We hope to move out to Sydney in June/July as I have just accepted a job offer. Going out on a 457 (temporary visa) until our employer applies for ENS once we arrive.

We travelled throughoput Australia as backpackers some time ago and went on a reccy trip in October last year, so if you want any info please ask!

Cameron
Where in Wolves are you based mate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.