Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne meet N.o 3

Melbourne meet N.o 3

Old Nov 11th 2004, 4:06 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Melbourne meet N.o 3

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
Cardinia Dam is a really beautiful spot Bordy.I'm up for a BBQ .I take it they have elecrtic ones there to use and it's gonna be BYO snags ?
Yes Steve I believe they do have Electric ones up there, otherwise we are all gonna look like right tits & the kangaroos will have a nice feed of raw snags.

Johannes been up there a few times hopefully she can confirm the Electric BBQs. \
Look forward to seeing the Reg Ex Pats & plenty of new faces next Saturday. By law of averages were surely due a nice sunny Saturday.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 6:08 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bordy
Yes Steve I believe they do have Electric ones up there, otherwise we are all gonna look like right tits & the kangaroos will have a nice feed of raw snags.
I'm sure once the kangaroos see our plight, they'll do the decent thing & lend us *their* BBQs.

Anya.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 6:31 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Johannes been up there a few times hopefully she can confirm the Electric BBQs. \
Look forward to seeing the Reg Ex Pats & plenty of new faces next Saturday. By law of averages were surely due a nice sunny Saturday.

Hi Bill
Looks like we are all gonna look like tits, there isnt any leccy ones only wood burning ones but all the wood is supplied anyway so shouldnt be a problem ( unless it rains ) is it being called off if it does? If not will cya there
Old Nov 11th 2004, 6:54 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johanne
Hi Bill
Looks like we are all gonna look like tits, there isnt any leccy ones only wood burning ones but all the wood is supplied anyway so shouldnt be a problem ( unless it rains ) is it being called off if it does? If not will cya there
I think the wood burning ones sound quite nice & rustic actually - good for cooking pizzas?!!

As for rain, can't we just take plastic sheeting etc & cower under that, in true British 'we'll enjoy this even if it's p*ssing down' fashion?

Anya.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 9:04 am

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by anya4oz
I think the wood burning ones sound quite nice & rustic actually - good for cooking pizzas?!!

As for rain, can't we just take plastic sheeting etc & cower under that, in true British 'we'll enjoy this even if it's p*ssing down' fashion?

Anya.
Yep Anya i think we will be typical Brits and bbq in the rain there is a few bbq,s with undercover seating anyway so should be ok, the bbqs are quite large so should fit quite alot on, fingers crossed for a nice day tho...
cya there
Johanne
Old Nov 12th 2004, 4:23 am
Just Joined

stevelardjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Its been suggested by one of the young ladies who lives near me that we have the next Melbourne meet on 20th November at Cardinia Dam.
It will be a BBQ with loads of play area for kids & even the odd kangaroo I'm told.
Anyone interested ???
Hi everyone. Can anyone join in? We have been in melbourne since the end of September. Is it still going to be 1400 ? I know where Cardina Dam is but is there any paticular place to meet up? or is there only one entrance? Hope to see you all there on the 20th. All the best Steve, Julie & Alex.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 6:07 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stevelardjones
Hi everyone. Can anyone join in? We have been in melbourne since the end of September. Is it still going to be 1400 ? I know where Cardina Dam is but is there any paticular place to meet up? or is there only one entrance? Hope to see you all there on the 20th. All the best Steve, Julie & Alex.

Anyones welcome, the more the better.
Head for "Kangaroo Flats Childrens Playground & BBQ Area" ( So I'm told )
Old Nov 12th 2004, 6:25 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally Posted by stevelardjones
Steve, Julie & Alex,

It's at Melways 210 E2.

Look out for a bunch of mad Brits in plastic macs, flagging down all passing kangaroos & asking to borrow their BBQs!

Hope you can make it,

Cheers
Anya.

PS: we've been here since beginning of August so are newbies too...
Old Nov 13th 2004, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all....

Unfortunatly, the Hubby and I have had to make the decision not to come to this get together due to our lacking finances. We just cant afford to pay the prices for accomodation in Melbourne.

We had hoped to have had our tax money in by now but the friend that was doing it for us hadnt put the forms in until just a week ago and now we got at least another 5 week wait. The house in the UK hasnt sold yet so things are pretty dire.

We will make it down to a meet soon though.....I hope you all have a great time

Hels
Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:49 am

Hi Anya

do you think 2.00pm ish would be suitable? That way peeps can get stuff done and possibly buy bbq stuff if not done so allready...
Meeting up at the childrens play area which i think and hope is sign posted that way the kids can burn themselves out while we all relax with a glass of the old red and a kangaroo leg on the spit.... ( not )
cya both there
Johanne

BUMP anymore takers?
Sorry you cant make it Hels maybe next time...
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:16 am

Its been suggested by one of the young ladies who lives near me that we have the next Melbourne meet on 20th November at Cardinia Dam.
It will be a BBQ with loads of play area for kids & even the odd kangaroo I'm told.
Anyone interested ???

BUMP AGAIN
Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:45 pm
The Godfather

BUMP AGAIN
2pm Tomorrow. A Couple of showers & 19 degrees forecast.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 12:37 am
Badge

Just realised, if you have your fire, it will be my mob that will be called out to fight it...

I am away though on trg.

BM

Old Nov 19th 2004, 12:47 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by Badge
Just realised, if you have your fire, it will be my mob that will be called out to fight it...

I am away though on trg.

BM
It should be fun trying to light damp firewood. Good luck with the training. We might miss Hevs & HUP tomorrow as well.
Hopefully catch up with you Berwicksiders soon.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:18 am
Badge

It should be fun trying to light damp firewood. Good luck with the training. We might miss Hevs & HUP tomorrow as well.
Hopefully catch up with you Berwicksiders soon.
Berwicksiders.....hupph....cheek

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.