Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne meet N.o 3

Melbourne meet N.o 3

Old Oct 19th 2004, 6:15 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Melbourne meet N.o 3

Its been suggested by one of the young ladies who lives near me that we have the next Melbourne meet on 20th November at Cardinia Dam.
It will be a BBQ with loads of play area for kids & even the odd kangaroo I'm told.
Anyone interested ???
Old Oct 19th 2004, 8:28 am
Just Joined

luverly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Melbourne meet N.o 3

Originally Posted by Bordy
Its been suggested by one of the young ladies who lives near me that we have the next Melbourne meet on 20th November at Cardinia Dam.
It will be a BBQ with loads of play area for kids & even the odd kangaroo I'm told.
Anyone interested ???
sounds good to me. I travel out to Melbourne this Sunday so i'm guessing in a few weeks time The Fella and i will be ready to start really settling in and meet some new people. Its all very stressful at the minute, The Fella landed in Melbourne at 2.30am Tuesday Melbourne time and i have another couple of days to finish goodbying and packing. I'm working up until Friday and then start the new job next Thursday - talk about a baptism of fire. I have no idea where Cardinia Dam is but i'm sure we can find out !
Old Oct 19th 2004, 8:37 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bordy
Anyone interested ???
Bordy,

It sounds a great idea, & me & MarkMyWords will be there! What kind of time, d'you reckon?

BTW are we going to BBQ those roos or watch 'em play rope-jumping with our kids? :scared:

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 9:25 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Bordy,

It sounds a great idea, & me & MarkMyWords will be there! What kind of time, d'you reckon?

BTW are we going to BBQ those roos or watch 'em play rope-jumping with our kids? :scared:

Cheers,
Anya.
Hi Anya

do you think 2.00pm ish would be suitable? That way peeps can get stuff done and possibly buy bbq stuff if not done so allready...
Meeting up at the childrens play area which i think and hope is sign posted that way the kids can burn themselves out while we all relax with a glass of the old red and a kangaroo leg on the spit.... ( not )
cya both there
Johanne
Old Oct 19th 2004, 9:42 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johanne
Hi Anya

do you think 2.00pm ish would be suitable? That way peeps can get stuff done and possibly buy bbq stuff if not done so allready...
Meeting up at the childrens play area which i think and hope is sign posted that way the kids can burn themselves out while we all relax with a glass of the old red and a kangaroo leg on the spit.... ( not )
cya both there
Johanne
2pm sounds great - means I can slob about in bed till mid-morning (am finding there's something about emigrating that makes one a bit knackered )

See you there!
Cheers
Anya.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Melbourne meet N.o 3

I will be arriving in Melbourne on 3rd November, so should be sorted out enough by Sunday 20th to meet you all (if thats ok). My husband goes back the day before, so it will be just me, most likley feeling very lost and lonely, and the three kids, Shane 13, Holly 11 and Zac 5. We are all extremely stressed at the moment, so it will be great for the kids to meet more kids, are there any around their age?

We had the leaving party on Sat night, great night, but sad also, as I sure I will never see some of the guests again! My parents went back to Ireland this morning, more tears and my cat goes to her new home tomorrow!

PSS are coming on the 26th and house completes on 27th, moving into mother in laws for two nights, then off to Singapore on the 29th. Madly sorting out the house and packing at the moment, but I have to keep stopping and checking out this website, I think I am addicted.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

Mel
Old Oct 19th 2004, 11:11 am
Part of that group......

vickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant future

Hiya

We'll be there, again with only our son as our daughter is away camping with Scouts. I think she is destined never to meet the other young girlies !!

Do you mean Kangaroo Flats playground and BBQ area ??

VickeyVixen
Old Oct 19th 2004, 12:03 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally Posted by melibeam
I will be arriving in Melbourne on 3rd November, so should be sorted out enough by Sunday 20th to meet you all (if thats ok). My husband goes back the day before, so it will be just me, most likley feeling very lost and lonely, and the three kids, Shane 13, Holly 11 and Zac 5. We are all extremely stressed at the moment, so it will be great for the kids to meet more kids, are there any around their age?

We had the leaving party on Sat night, great night, but sad also, as I sure I will never see some of the guests again! My parents went back to Ireland this morning, more tears and my cat goes to her new home tomorrow!

PSS are coming on the 26th and house completes on 27th, moving into mother in laws for two nights, then off to Singapore on the 29th. Madly sorting out the house and packing at the moment, but I have to keep stopping and checking out this website, I think I am addicted.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

Mel
Hi Mel

I think 20 Nov is a Sat - hope you can still make it.

Really can relate to the stress - we came out here 10 weeks ago but that was proceded by about 3 months of stress with the last month of MEGA stress. We burned a *lot* of lavender oil during that time!

No need to feel lonely; we're a friendly lot! There are always quite a few kids of various ages who turn up to Expats meet-ups, and they all seem to get on well!

See you on the 20th hopefully!

Cheers
Anya.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Melbourne meet N.o 3

Thanks Anya

Sat 20th is good, maybe hubby can even make it, as I think his flight back to UK is Sun morning. Anyway looking forward to seeing you all there.

Mel
Old Oct 19th 2004, 12:31 pm

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by melibeam
Thanks Anya

Sat 20th is good, maybe hubby can even make it, as I think his flight back to UK is Sun morning. Anyway looking forward to seeing you all there.

Mel

Hi Mel
my kids are the same age as yours, my son is 13, and my daughters are 11, 8 and 5 hope to see you all there.
Johanne
Old Oct 19th 2004, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by vickeyvixen
Hiya

We'll be there, again with only our son as our daughter is away camping with Scouts. I think she is destined never to meet the other young girlies !!

Do you mean Kangaroo Flats playground and BBQ area ??

VickeyVixen
Hi Vickey
yes thats the one, its signposted at the top of the dam take the right turn and your away (literally) steep hill that one, hope everyone finds it.
Cya then
Old Oct 19th 2004, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey.........We can prolly make it too, the Hubby and I!!!

Will check with him tomorrow and let you all know, but I dont see why we couldnt make it down to Melbourne for the weekend.

Not sure where this place is you plan to have the bbq, but have Melways, will travel!!

Hels
Old Oct 19th 2004, 4:15 pm
Madwoman

katyjoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Sorry guys not too sure if we can make it, we arrive on the 18th of Nov and will head up to my mums which is Warrnambool but will be back down to melbourne sometime after that sorting accommodation and jobs etc....

Cardinia Dam is lovely, i used to go there a lot when i was a kid and love the place, some great walks and lakes, bobs' park is a great place for swimming in and having a picnic.

Hope you all enjoy yourselves and keep us informed for the next meet as we will be there!

Kate and Stu
Old Oct 19th 2004, 4:29 pm
Badge

Might come as I fancy meeting Hels.

BM

Old Oct 19th 2004, 5:16 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Badge
Might come as I fancy meeting Hels.

BM

Don't sound so enthusiastic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.