Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne is the best...

Melbourne is the best...

Old Jul 23rd 2006, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Melbourne is the best...

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
I would agree, I dont leave my garage unlocked here, although right now if someone broke in they would think someone had been there already!!!!

My children read the thread and thought it was because animals got into the garage. My younger sis has told 5 year old that Australia is full of spiders and snakes!!!! As you can imagine sis does not want us to go.

Sandra
Someone said that to us too... spiders and snakes everywhere. Not seen any in 6 months - not even a single little normal spider. Tell your little ones that we've seen lots of koalas and kangaroos though - we've even fed a little wallaby...so cute. Tell them not to worry. Take a look at our photos if you like; www.mattandlouisesabin.com
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Thanks so much, pics are great, one in the bath was good!!

My girls especially 11 year finding it hard to accept. Just sold house and hopefully moving mid September. We live in Glasgow and children due to start back school on 21st August but we are not going to send them back too much upheaval would only be at school for 3 weeks. Panic has already set in!!!

Thanks again.

Sandra

Originally Posted by Matt Sabin
Someone said that to us too... spiders and snakes everywhere. Not seen any in 6 months - not even a single little normal spider. Tell your little ones that we've seen lots of koalas and kangaroos though - we've even fed a little wallaby...so cute. Tell them not to worry. Take a look at our photos if you like; www.mattandlouisesabin.com
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
Thanks so much, pics are great, one in the bath was good!!

My girls especially 11 year finding it hard to accept. Just sold house and hopefully moving mid September. We live in Glasgow and children due to start back school on 21st August but we are not going to send them back too much upheaval would only be at school for 3 weeks. Panic has already set in!!!

Thanks again.

Sandra
Calm...listen...calm... It will all be fine. We haven't got kids (yet) but my best man has and he came out with his kids a couple of years ago - and they all loved it. The kids really liked the weather, swimming, camping, ....etc etc.
It's just nerves - you'll all be fine... and look at the photos...kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, beaches, barbeques, whale watching, etc etc Doesn't get better...
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been here 5 years and have seen the odd redback and house spider but nothing that was much of a worry to me (and I hate spiders!!) However, last week I got bitten by a whitetail and can I just say it was the most painful bite I have ever had and the headache was horrific Luckily it only lasted a few hours but the bit was quite painful to the touch for a few days afterwards.

On the snake side we have seen eastern browns and tiger snakes but I am not interested in getting close enough to one of those for a bite, especially when my dog is around although I would like to think he would be clever enough to go in the opposite direction if he saw one as well

Just focus on the nice fluffy animals and you will be fine Talking of which I was hand feeding a possum last night whilst stroking it and it was very adorable
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Thanks folks, girls are a bit better although eldest still not wanting to go if you ask her right out but I have heard her speaking to her friends etc so I'm sure she wil be alright.

Matt, great photo album hadn't looked at all them when I replied to you last, great to show girls some of Melbourne. Hopefully we will be there mid September all going well.

Sandra
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the stupidest post of the day

Originally Posted by smurtaza
These are one of the methods of advertisment.Melbourne have 4 different seasons in a single day.It rains a lot and very windy in winter.Melbourne city consists of total 6 streets in parellel and 6 streets in perpendicular.Unless and until you want to survive your living over government support or you are a nurse, its a fact that Melbourne have no jobs.Most of the city is populated with students only and student jobs such as taxi driving or security guarding.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

We don't lock our cars. I leave mine unlocked so I can get to the fire station quicker.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:45 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Mate are you sure you checked, must be some strong competition
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

They obviously don't want a mass invasion of immigrants, want to keep it all for themselves, nae luck we are coming!!!! 4 seasons in one day a bit like Scotland then?

Sandra

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Old Jul 25th 2006, 12:14 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

These are one of the methods of advertisment.Melbourne have 4 different seasons in a single day.
Thats how we like it

It rains a lot and very windy in winter.
Funny that what with all the green trees and grass. Does not feel any more windy than anywhere else. If it is that is a plus because I like to sail and kite making could be fun.

Melbourne city consists of total 6 streets in parellel and 6 streets in perpendicular.
So its organised? Pity you say? you prefer chaos

Unless and until you want to survive your living over government support or you are a nurse, its a fact that Melbourne have no jobs.
Not personally receiving any handouts and not working with any sick people so your fact is f#####d.

Most of the city is populated with students only
Female i hope - but seriously where??? I would think Melbourne is more overrun with a lot of seriously happy people.

and student jobs such as taxi driving or security guarding.
So your saying you want to live in a chaotic city with limited taxi drivers with limited security. You my friend should stay well away from my fine city. We love it and quite keen to keep it just the way it is.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 6:35 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

been to Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane and Melbourne......Melbourne is the best!
Old Jul 25th 2006, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by banjo
been to Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane and Melbourne......Melbourne is the best!
Melbourne is fantastic......simple as