Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne is the best...

Wikiposts

Melbourne is the best...

Old Jul 22nd 2006, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Melbourne is the best...

Originally Posted by thribble
Sssh, they'll all want to come here
Hi,we are coming in just over 6 weeks!!!So excited now,cant wait,cheers Dave
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by weeman111
Hi,we are coming in just over 6 weeks!!!So excited now,cant wait,cheers Dave
Cool - are you a nurse or a student. There are some limited vacancies for taxi-drivers and security guards if not, but otherwise you may be better off in Sydney...! No, listen, in all seriousness, enjoy the next 6 weeks - the excitement is half the fun...
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 7:57 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Its doesn't qualify(Melbourne CBD) to be called a big city with total 6 street in perpendicular and 6 streets in parallel. Melbourne CBD have nothing to offer in comparison with Sydney CBD.
And Sydney's Ego does?

Melbourne's CBD is quality not quantity.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Glad to hear it, moving there in September from Glasgow (right now it is Sunny Glasgow and has been for a few weeks but it won't last!!!!!).

Hubby already got job waiting for him looked at schools for the girls just need to get a job for myself. Anyone know what Caroline springs is like, OH's job is in that area?

Sandra
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
And Sydney's Ego does?

Melbourne's CBD is quality not quantity.
I've never seen the leaves drop off the trees and then grow again in one day!!

Last edited by thatsnotquiteright; Jul 22nd 2006 at 8:49 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
Glad to hear it, moving there in September from Glasgow (right now it is Sunny Glasgow and has been for a few weeks but it won't last!!!!!).

Hubby already got job waiting for him looked at schools for the girls just need to get a job for myself. Anyone know what Caroline springs is like, OH's job is in that area?

Sandra
Caroline springs.... Not bad really. It's a giagantic development, the infrastructure is ok. It's into its tenth year I think, so the teething problems, and constant mud from building everywhere is a thing that has past. Some very nice optioned houses over that way. Most of which should come in at sub 400,000. Circa 20 mins to the city by car. 50 mins to really good surfbeaches at Ocean Grove.

If I may offer a suggestion of Renting a house on the Estate first (it really is very big) to see whether Estate living is for you. You may prefer a street scape rather than cul de sac upon cul de sac. Not that there is anything wrong with living on an estate.

I'd like to see if anyone can fault Caroline springs for family living actually, because I can't think of any. Maybe too close proximty to ones neighbours perhaps ? but that should be a positive.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt Sabin
I'm sure this is going to get me in real trouble for mentioning this but for anyone trying to decide where to live in Australia, Melbourne has just been voted Australia's Number 1 city....
http://www.theage.com.au/news/NATION...593192870.html
Go on, I bet I get abuse for this thread...
You don't abuse from me.....I love living here
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Thanks, I have emailed Caroline Springs Campus I think there are 3 schools who share the campus looks really nice. Girl who emailed me back was really helpful and friendly and emailed pics of school to let my girls see. Real Estate website very good and have looked at a few things. OH's boss has offered to put us up when we arrive. Once we know exactly when we will arrive in September I will ask them to look at some houses for us and possibly make some viewing appointments, although not very sure how that all works. Feel very nervous and can't sleep, hence the reason for being on here since around 6am this morning! Saddo I know.

thanks for the info

Sandra

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Caroline springs.... Not bad really. It's a giagantic development, the infrastructure is ok. It's into its tenth year I think, so the teething problems, and constant mud from building everywhere is a thing that has past. Some very nice optioned houses over that way. Most of which should come in at sub 400,000. Circa 20 mins to the city by car. 50 mins to really good surfbeaches at Ocean Grove.

If I may offer a suggestion of Renting a house on the Estate first (it really is very big) to see whether Estate living is for you. You may prefer a street scape rather than cul de sac upon cul de sac. Not that there is anything wrong with living on an estate.

I'd like to see if anyone can fault Caroline springs for family living actually, because I can't think of any. Maybe too close proximty to ones neighbours perhaps ? but that should be a positive.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 12:45 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I was over there the other day and as estates go it's a very nice one, more like a small town than an estate.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:10 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thribble
Sssh, they'll all want to come here
Nah! it's too cold there
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

hawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of light

If you live in Caroline Springs make sure you shut & lock your garage door at night according to the bloke who sits next door to me at work & who lives next to the lake there
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why????

Originally Posted by hawk2005
If you live in Caroline Springs make sure you shut & lock your garage door at night according to the bloke who sits next door to me at work & who lives next to the lake there
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

webnet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt Sabin
I'm sure this is going to get me in real trouble for mentioning this but for anyone trying to decide where to live in Australia, Melbourne has just been voted Australia's Number 1 city....
http://www.theage.com.au/news/NATION...593192870.html
Go on, I bet I get abuse for this thread...
Hi

you're 100% right, i'm from Melbourne and i have to said it is the best.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
Why????
You would be silly not to lock up your Garage in any Aussie City. I dont think Caroline Springs has a worse name, than anywhere else that I've heard of.

Having said that, there could be more big boys toys in the Garages down that way... Jet skis, quad and dirt bikes, outboard motors etc etc, seeing as it's mostly occupied by younger type families. Maybe there are more lucrative pickings in a smaller area, particuarly in Garages.

It would be really helpful if people posting negative claims, especially when people from the UK are reading, could back them up with facts.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 23rd 2006 at 8:14 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would agree, I dont leave my garage unlocked here, although right now if someone broke in they would think someone had been there already!!!!

My children read the thread and thought it was because animals got into the garage. My younger sis has told 5 year old that Australia is full of spiders and snakes!!!! As you can imagine sis does not want us to go.

Sandra

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
You would be silly not to lock up your Garage in any Aussie City. I dont think Caroline Springs has a worse name, than anywhere else that I've heard of.

Having said that, there could be more big boys toys in the Garages down that way... Jet skis, quad and dirt bikes, outboard motors etc etc, seeing as it's mostly occupied by younger type families. Maybe there are more lucrative pickings in a smaller area, particuarly in Garages.

It would be really helpful if people posting negative claims, especially when people from the UK are reading, could back them up with facts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.