Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody else havin hassles with the citizenship website??

Anybody else havin hassles with the citizenship website??

Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:01 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody else havin hassles with the citizenship website??

its drivin me ****** mad..........it wont let me into my saved application....this service is tempoarily unavailable please try later....FFS have been tryin fir 3 weeks..........then just did hubbies....got to the end and it wont even let me save the berludy thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:12 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anybody else havin hassles with the citizenship website??

Originally Posted by biggy
its drivin me ****** mad..........it wont let me into my saved application....this service is tempoarily unavailable please try later....FFS have been tryin fir 3 weeks..........then just did hubbies....got to the end and it wont even let me save the berludy thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All done and dusted bout 8 weeks back. No problems.
Just had a quick look and they've changed the website since I did it. Maybe they're having teething problems with a new system.
Call the helpline and give em what for.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:27 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Why not apply another way, then?
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:19 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up and printed out the forms. At first it was just a problem adding kids, then it was a problem to do anything.

Jane
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by gedge
All done and dusted bout 8 weeks back. No problems.
Just had a quick look and they've changed the website since I did it. Maybe they're having teething problems with a new system.
Call the helpline and give em what for.

I did call them yesterday and this woman who could hardly string two words of english together told me to....'maybe I try a little again later, because there be maybe a problemo but they no nothing' I said I have been trying since the 30th of June....she said.......'Oh one week not a long time, you try later' DOH!!!!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by JAJ
Why not apply another way, then?

because I cant be arsed lol

If the website isnt functioning properly they should state that on the home page then peeps wont waste there time only to click on submit and the things says oh sorry it no workie
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
I gave up and printed out the forms. At first it was just a problem adding kids, then it was a problem to do anything.

Jane

ahhhhh thank gawd its not just me lol......I have just printed off one set of forms and the bloody ink ran out in the printer.....I think somebody is trying to tell me summit.....Oh well at least I can sit by the pool and fill it in hehe Good luck with your application....looks like I will have to rust the post service too to get my application in
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:46 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Don't apply for citizenship on line. It takes ages.

Fill in the forms and take them in to your local DIMIA office, if you have the supporting documentation you could get the interview then and there.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by renth
Don't apply for citizenship on line. It takes ages.

Fill in the forms and take them in to your local DIMIA office, if you have the supporting documentation you could get the interview then and there.

I dont have a local DIMIA office or I would
Old Jul 26th 2006, 5:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I dont have a local DIMIA office or I would
OK, post it to your local DIMIA office. Doing it over the web is the slowest method by far.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Out of interest, how far in advance can you fill in the forms. Say if your 2 years was up in August 06, could you complete & send off the forms 2-3 weeks before your date???
Thanks in advance

Also when is the new law going through Parliment (it's all gone quiet!!!!) & if you ring the helpline, they are none the wiser
Old Jul 26th 2006, 5:43 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

You can call up and book yourinterview then either apply online (if you can get it to work) or fill in the forms and take them with you, there is no need to wait for them to contact you to tell you to book your appointment, there is usually a while to wait for an appointment anyway.

Lynn
Old Jul 26th 2006, 6:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paula 1
Hi

Out of interest, how far in advance can you fill in the forms. Say if your 2 years was up in August 06, could you complete & send off the forms 2-3 weeks before your date???
Thanks in advance

Also when is the new law going through Parliment (it's all gone quiet!!!!) & if you ring the helpline, they are none the wiser
Hi hon. From what I remember, even when it comes in it won't affect anyone who already has PR only those who get PR after. You're not telling me you've been here two years already
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hi hon. From what I remember, even when it comes in it won't affect anyone who already has PR only those who get PR after. You're not telling me you've been here two years already
Hi Hon
Thanks for that, no 2 years in January...so nearly there.
Sorry did not contact you on hol's, but for one week Callum did football clinic, & then other week zoomed by.
So hopefully the 2 years will still apply to us then, even if we go out of the country for 16 days. We've sort out worked it out that our 2 years will be up 2 days after Australian day (when they want to bring in the new law) & was afraid we will miss out by 2 days!!!!!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:00 am
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

We had the same problem, the website is S**te for such an important process, you just have to persevere, the whole process is S**te, seen as the majority where from the UK and came here and stole the abbo's land.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.